• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Warburton retires

Warburton went to Whitchurch High School. As did Gareth Bale. As did Geraint Thomas, and all born within 3 years of each other. Lions captain x2, multiple Champions League winner and Olympic champion / TdF winner - those are some of the very biggest stages in sport. Can any other school match that?

I've seen a few kiwis calling him a cheat because of the end of the 3rd Lions test ... don't ever underestimate the internet's capacity to be petty and mean-spirited!

Personally, I find it very sad that he has to retire so young, it must be hard for him. I'll reiterate what others have said that he's a class act as a human being, as well as a world-class player

Never heard any fellow kiwis call him a cheat. He is a well respected player here on and off the field. Best of luck to him.

Great video here about Sam Warburton from squidge (prob my fave rugby YouTuber)...

Watched this last night, big fan of his videos!

That stat about giving away only 0.4 penalties per game is genuinely insane for an openside, especially considering the sheer workrate and number of rucks the guy hits in defence and attack.

Latest posts