• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens to host Sharks

Aedaphon

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Barbarians
So I couldn't find this anywhere else so thought I'd post it... Should be a good exhibition game, little upset I'm not gonna be around London to catch it.

South African franchise the Sharks will play Saracens on January 25 at Allianz Park in a special one-off match.'Our players will enjoy the challenge presented by a full-strength Sharks team, packed with Springboks like Bismarck du Plessis and Frans Steyn, and it's sure to be a fantastic rugby occasion at Allianz Park,' said Mark McCall, Saracens' director of rugby.
Sharks chief executive John Smit said the match would be a good pre-season run out. "It will be a wonderful experience for our players to travel to London and play at Allianz Park. The match is a crucial part of our preparations for the new Super Rugby season and it will also be the first match in charge for our new coach, Jake White."
The game has been approved by the South Africa board and will be discussed by the RFU at a meeting next week.

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/england/rugby/story/208237.html#0bOMjZtiC0RdV0S8.99

What is at stake to make this a serious game.....................f.... all! Typical Wray money grabbing nothing...........for gawds sake boycott it!

Alright, fine. But I don't want to hear another peep out of our players that they are overplayed and/or overtraveled. First half of the Springbokke play Fiji in Barbarians clothes and now this.. better not be asking to be rested or rotated when it comes to serious rugby is all I'm saying.

Alright, fine. But I don't want to hear another peep out of our players that they are overplayed and/or overtraveled. First half of the Springbokke play Fiji in Barbarians clothes and now this.. better not be asking to be rested or rotated when it comes to serious rugby is all I'm saying.

money money money!!!

With the new contract that the Sharks signed with the Saracens, this was inevitable.

But I think you guys are looking at this wrong... The Sharks will play warm-up games before the Super Rugby tournament, just like the Bulls and Stormers, who play against each other just a week after this game.

I really can't see what's the fuss all about...

Stupid idea - it's just going to be a sarries reserve/academy side.

While there probably will be a lot of academy and "depth" players, it is in the middle of a bye which lasts from Jan 4th to Feb 8th.

Edit: Just realised that "bye" is there because of the HC! :lol:

Exactly.
Previous two weeks are Heineken Cup games, they've got an LV= cup game the day after this fixture and their England internationals will probably be in a camp as it's the week before the Six Nations.

So they'll be missing 6 with England (based on current EPS), resting some from their HEC games, with an eye on the premiership, and their youngsters/fringe players will be playing vs Newcastle on the 26th.

It's going to be a terrible side they put out.

Bismarck+du+Plessis+XXX+high+res

Latest posts