• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Savea Charged with Assault

Wow, what's with all the off field incidents recently? Players getting too big for their boots. Zac Guildford, Jimmy Cowan, Rene Ranger and now Savea? You wouldn't catch Conrad Smith, McCaw or Carter doing anything like that. I guess it reflects attitude.

Really bad. I've met Savea a few times in 'town' - and he always seems really quiet and modest, sort of embarrassed
by the attention. Was suprised to hear this. Big fan of him but I'd be happy if they threw the book at him if he's found guilty.

Really bad. I've met Savea a few times in 'town' - and he always seems really quiet and modest, sort of embarrassed
by the attention. Was suprised to hear this. Big fan of him but I'd be happy if they threw the book at him if he's found guilty.
This.

Really disappointing to hear.

What do you mean by 'threw the book at him?' It sounds to me like he and his partner had a dispute and he pushed her. Not pushed her down the stair Tony Veitch style, just pushed her. That probably is assault but there are no reports that his partner even had to go to hospital. Unacceptable yes, hangable offence hell no. Savea has really been hung out to dry here.

What do you mean by 'threw the book at him?' It sounds to me like he and his partner had a dispute and he pushed her. Not pushed her down the stair Tony Veitch style, just pushed her. That probably is assault but there are no reports that his partner even had to go to hospital. Unacceptable yes, hangable offence hell no. Savea has really been hung out to dry here.
Really? Thats lesser offence. Something I wouldn't do, but not necessarily the worst thing either.

Chris Rock said it best: "I'll never hit a woman. But I'd shake the **** outta one!"

I don't know what he did. I hope it's something like a push (which while not good, is certainly better than a full out punch to the face). If it was on a more serious side I'd go with long suspensions. I'd have thought with assult being charged presumably someone would have had to call the police, so probably worse than a shove.

Huge fan of him as a player but hurting your wife and your family is dispicable. Certainly it would help to understand the context.

Wow, what's with all the off field incidents recently? Players getting too big for their boots. Zac Guildford, Jimmy Cowan, Rene Ranger and now Savea? You wouldn't catch Conrad Smith, McCaw or Carter doing anything like that. I guess it reflects attitude.

I'm guessing it also reflects the change in the game. I think with the union game going professional there is a lot more pressure on the players to perform. Sure it was there to a point before, but now they are now merchandise, and not just some bloke picking up a weekend match with his mates (I know that's an over-simplification). We're now getting into a generation of players who only know the professional game, and only know what it's like to play for money instead of pride and a sheer love of the game.

das