• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland 6 Nations Squad

H

hart

Forwards: John Barclay, Johnnie Beattie, Kelly Brown (all Glasgow Warriors), Alasdair Dickinson (Gloucester), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Richie Gray, Dougie Hall (both Glasgow Warriors), Jim Hamilton (Edinburgh), Nathan Hines (Leinster), Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh), Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Alan MacDonald (Edinburgh), Euan Murray (Northampton Saints), Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester)

Backs: Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors), Simon Danielli (Ulster), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh), Max Evans, Thom Evans (Glasgow Warriors), Phil Godman (Edinburgh), Alex Grove (Worcester), Ruaridh Jackson (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Lamont (Scarlets), Rory Lawson (Gloucester), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow Warriors), Chris Paterson (Edinburgh), Dan Parks (Glasgow Warriors) and Hugo Southwell (Stade Francais).

Invited to train with the squad at St Andrews (25-28 January): Mike Blair (who is recovering from an ankle injury), Ross Rennie and Jim Thompson (all Edinburgh) and Jon Welsh (Glasgow Warriors).

Not considered due to illness / injury: Richie Vernon (Glasgow Warriors), Allister Hogg (Edinburgh) and Jason White (Clermont Auvergne).

Rory Lamont may join the squad providing he gets through his club game next week. No places for Ben Cairns, Kyle Traynor, Scott MacLeod, Geoff Cross and Nikki Walker who were all in the squad for the Autumn internationals. Parks is recalled and Murray, Dickinson & Hamilton return after injury. Jackson and Gray are the only two uncapped players in the squad.

Pleased to see Parks recalled, been in really good form and I'm not really a fan of Godman.

Would guess our starting XV for the France game being (Murray unavailible);

Paterson, S Lamont, Grove, Morrison, T Evans, Godman/Parks, Cusiter; Jacobsen, Ford, Low, Hines, Kellock, Strokosch, Barclay, Beattie.

subs: Hall, Dickinson, Hamilton, Brown, R Lawson, M Evans, Southwell.

Nikki Walker has been playing very well for the Ospreys, far better than Lamont has for the Scarlets. I suppose this may just be down to the fact that they plan to play defensivly again, but attempting to strike once and again powerfully, and Lamont certainly fits the bill, where as whilst Walker is a big fella, he tries to score almost every time he gets the ball.

Still, I'm happy enough with this squad and hope it could be the one that beats everyone but Wales. Doubt it, but that's how I'd like it to be.

15 Paterson
14 Lamont
13 Max Evans (probably Alex Grove though...Andy Robinson likes him...)
12 Morrison
11 Thom Evans
10 Parks/Godman
9 Cusiter
8 Beattie
7 Barclay
6 Strokosh
5 Kellock
4 Hines
3 Low
2 Ford
1 Jacobsen

16 Hall
17 Dickinson
18 Gray/Hamilton
19 Brown
20 Lawson
21 Jackson/Godman/Parks (depends on who plays 10)
22 Southwell

Southwell is playing very well with Stade Français too at the moment. But Paterson has the boot so I guess he has to start. I think Southwell offers more attacking options though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 21 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Southwell is playing very well with Stade Français too at the moment. But Paterson has the boot so I guess he has to start. I think Southwell offers more attacking options though[/b]
If we pick Southwell, he could be our replacement scrum half. Thanks Stade :p

Gray gets Scotland Six Nations call up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Scotland summoned Northampton back-row forward Scott Gray into their squad on Tuesday ahead of next week's Six Nations opener against France.

The 31-year-old, who won the last of his eight caps against England last year, came in after fellow flankers Ross Rennie and Alasdair Strokosch were forced to sit out Tuesday's training session through injury Rennie will require further assessment to the knee injury he sustained in Edinburgh's European Cup victory over Stade Francais at the weekend.

Meanwhile Scotland team doctor James Robson said Strokosch was stepping up his rehabilitation following an ankle injury he sustained on club duty with English Premiership side Gloucester.

Robson added scrum-half Mike Blair was making "encouraging" progress following an ankle injury.
Ex-England flanker and coach Andy Robinson's first Six Nations match as Scotland coach is at home to France at Murrayfield a week on Sunday.[/b]
Source

I really hope that Scotland keep improving, so this gets to be less of a shut tournament for them.
Also, any news on captaincy? Is Cusiter keeping it until Blair gets back and they can continue sharing?

Latest posts