• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v France

You cant not support Scotland tomorrow - they are capable of something special and everyone loves seeing the french have one put over on them.
That being said, i pray france bring a flamoyant game tomorrow, they can play the game so beautifully and if they do that then they are more than welcome to the win.
Plus, La Marseille is just a bang on national anthem. Cant help but sing along.

Allez les blues...of the navy variety.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 6 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You cant not support Scotland tomorrow[/b]
I really don't like Alan Jacobbsen :p Not sure why, i just don't like him one bit
That alone is enough for me to support France,

Coupled with the fact i love Chabal, and my parents pretty much live in France now, i'm support them over the Scots

Boo!!!
Come on the Jocks!
:p
My family - must have, at some point - come from Scotland becuase ive got a scottish surname, we have our own clan with our own tartan...although, i wont wear the kilt. Coz im bloody welsh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 6 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boo!!!
Come on the Jocks!
My family - must have, at some point - come from Scotland becuase ive got a scottish surname, we have our own clan with our own tartan...although, i wont wear the kilt. Coz im bloody welsh.[/b]
Ditto, my surname is apparently Scottish, and my dads family is from oop north, so they've obviously just been migrating gradually southwards to the utopia that is England :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 6 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 6 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boo!!!
Come on the Jocks!
My family - must have, at some point - come from Scotland becuase ive got a scottish surname, we have our own clan with our own tartan...although, i wont wear the kilt. Coz im bloody welsh.[/b]
Ditto, my surname is apparently Scottish, and my dads family is from oop north, so they've obviously just been migrating gradually southwards to the utopia that is England :p
[/b][/quote]

Nope, half of my family decided they would rather face the sea and head to ireland for a while rather than go to England! :D

I did not resist to copy and translate a post a read on "Rugbyrama" as it was so true and complete about the game sheme we should adopt tomorrow.
It's from a forumer calle Orson:

"In principle, the game sheme is clear: We're going to attack the Scottish defense line around the 10-12-13 axis. Reinforcing the middle in attack, we'll probably see Jauzion, Bastareaud, Rougerie and Fall both sandwiched, go on for the contact.
Our running 3rd line will should quickly arrive to provide a stand-up support or a good quality ground liberation.

In the continuity, we'll have heavy tonic inside: Nallet, Papé, Domingo and Servat (locker), or some power outside with Rougerie and Fall, supported by Poitrenaud to bring fluidity in the potential spaces

So just by reading the compo, both Scottish and us know what to expect.

They'll try to spoil our ball conquest: Their less powerfull scrum will try to make it turn, in what they are terribly efficient, moreover MC or Chabal lockers are absent.
Their terrible line will permanently try to counter Harinordoquy who seems to be the only prioritary catcher. But here might we surprise them with Papé, and even Nallet and Ouedraogo wich can both take the leave with Hari as a lure. Scharz not to be a pizzaïolo (bad launcher in french) on these.

As they will wait for us in the middle of the field, we can expect that they will, depending on the defense zone, apply slow tackles (up to down), to give time for their 3rd line to come and scratch balls.
We'll have to be very clean around the rucks, because after 1 or 2 seconds, this one will be a real inaccessible bush of thistles. Parra will have to eject quickly in the first game times, wich is not a one of his skills...
But this here might be compensated by the real attack suspense we present, as 10, 12 or 13... can attack the line, and despite the absence of a great 8 able to mobilize the 3rd line by himself.

We'll have to be extremely clear-sighted on the ball liberations in the game construction: Go quickly on the ground to prepare the second game times crossing, otherwise we'll be caught in a false deep and slow game wich allow the Scot's to divide on the widths.

This will be a high level technical demand match. Rucks interpretation from the ref will be prevalent. If we don't feed clean balls (ground contact => support presence), the afternoon will be very long...

In defense, patience and lucidity to be the key: Scotland not to have a great capacity to cross the line in the first game times. We must not consume players in unlikely rucks where we risk penalties, and have the lucidity of a permanent replacing defense that will wait for a natural slow down in the opposite sequences.

If we do this, we'll pick up good balls, as because of the absence of great hammers, Scotland tends to scatter and exhaust itself in a large to large game.

Be smart and respect the opposition' qualities
Not try to shine for the audience with a stupid attack and defense precipitation, wich is our preferate sin."

My mum's second cousin has six caps for Scotland. beat that for a distant-ish relation to the Scots. (And is currently the defence coach at Clermont. Unfortunatly, we couldn't convince him to give us a little family reunion when the Ospreys went up there.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 7 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"In principle, the game sheme is clear: We're going to attack the Scottish defense line around the 10-12-13 axis. Reinforcing the middle in attack, we'll probably see Jauzion, Bastareaud, Rougerie and Fall both sandwiched, go on for the contact.
Our running 3rd line will should quickly arrive to provide a stand-up support or a good quality ground liberation.
[/b]
Any team facing Jauzion and Bastareaud in midfield has to be ******** bricks - 220kg at top pace with ability to offload. When they've played together for France have they been used as decoys with Rougerie and Poitrenaud running angles into gaps? That could be much better than battering and offloading/recycling, because the defence is fixed and ready to smother tackle. Depends on how quickly Parra can shift the ball I guess.

Jauzion and bastareaud are not a long time duets, but they seem to work everyday better, and Basta start to show good things not only in perforation but in technical actions ( even started to make 1st zone kicks).
For Rougerie, he's familiar with this kind of trajectories with Clermont (where he played center before playing essentially winger).

The question as you said is Parra, wich has great potential but doesn't have a heavy recent experience at international level (both with Clermont and French selection).

Come on the Jocks! Really think they have a chance tomorrow to set France on a self-destructive campaign. Andy Robinson is working something oop north and if Scotland can keep the clock ticking through Paterson they'll rattle France.

Brothers across the Manche, good luck!!! Also, to any travelling French fans - enjoy Edinburgh, it's one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

I'm going for a scottish win with Paterson(one of the most underrated players ever should have been a lion) man of the match.The passion and the positive attitude towards the game will be enough. France will only beat Italy and maybe England this year because they have got the worst out half in the tournament.

I'm looking forwad to a Ireland vs Scotland slam decider in Croke park.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm looking forwed to a Ireland vs Scotland slam decider in Croke park.[/b]
To quote Bullit:
Lol_whut_translated.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 6 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boo!!!
Come on the Jocks!

Not even if it's from that 'Welsh' Kilt Shop in Castle Arcade in Cardiff? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm going for a scottish win with Paterson(one of the most underrated players ever should have been a lion) man of the match.The passion and the positive attitude towards the game will be enough. France will only beat Italy and maybe England this year because they have got the worst out half in the tournament.

I'm looking forwed to a Ireland vs Scotland slam decider in Croke park.[/b]

I dunno, France could be awesome this year. Doubt Wales will beat them, especially if we keep playing like we did yesterday! Then again, you never know with the French, all depends if they turn up or not!

Latest posts