• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v France

you will see the passion the most important thing and france don't have any. They're always over confident.The french media are already talking about a grand slam. It would be good for the game of rugby if scotland won today because they've the best brand of rugby in the 6N

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm going for a scottish win with Paterson(one of the most underrated players ever should have been a lion) man of the match.The passion and the positive attitude towards the game will be enough. France will only beat Italy and maybe England this year because they have got the worst out half in the tournament.

I'm looking forwad to a Ireland vs Scotland slam decider in Croke park.[/b]

What a load of bullshit. You have probably never seen Trinh Duc play with his club and maybe a coulpe of times with France. He's a very good player and there's a reason he is France's n°1 outhalf before the likes of Beauxis or Boyet.

Having discovered rugby last year with the Irish grandslam like you I would at least try to watch some games before talking crap.

EDIT: Apparently the Scots too are talking about a grandslam so what's your point

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 7 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going for a scottish win with Paterson(one of the most underrated players ever should have been a lion) man of the match.The passion and the positive attitude towards the game will be enough. France will only beat Italy and maybe England this year because they have got the worst out half in the tournament.

What a load of bullshit. You have probably never seen Trinh Duc play with his club and maybe a coulpe of times with France. He's a very good player and there's a reason he is France's n°1 outhalf before the likes of Beauxis or Boyet.

Having discovered rugby last year with the Irish grandslam like you I would at least try to watch some games before talking crap.
[/b][/quote]

Sorry I've been into rugby for since I was about five. And Know what loosing is like specialy against you guys. And don't forget I'm a CONNAUGHT fan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you will see the passion the most important thing and france don't have any. They're always over confident.The french media are already talking about a grand slam. It would be good for the game of rugby if scotland won today because they've the best brand of rugby in the 6N[/b]

The Irish are talking about a grand slam, the English are talking about a grand slam. everyone talks about a grand slam if it's still on the cards. I agree that there seems to be a lack of passion in France but talking about a grand slam isn't arrogant. Realistically France are in a great possition to win it. They've Ireland and England in Paris.

I totally disagree that Scotland play the best brand of rugby in the 6N. Scotland drag teams down to their level and try to strangle games to death. France play a far more beautiful style of rugby. Have you never heard of French flair?

Rugby is not about running a ball up the pitch.It's about geting at the other end of the field

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby is not about running a ball up the pitch.It's about geting at the other end of the field[/b]

Something Scotland have consistanly failed to do. 14 tries in the last three 6 Nations and failing to go over against Argentina or Australia in the autumn doesn't portray a team that will be in the reckoning come round 5. France on the other hand have an unbelievable pack and backs that are the match of anyones. Seriously, they're awesome.

Sorry, but I do believe the "Scotland are good" comments are utter ********. France will win the tournament this year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 8 2010, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 7 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Sorry I've been into rugby for since I was about five. And Know what loosing is like specialy against you guys. And don't forget I'm a CONNAUGHT fan.
[/b][/quote]

I must agree with elgringoborracho, your comment was very stupid. Oh and I hope Bastareaud comes of age in this Six Nations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby is not about running a ball up the pitch.It's about geting at the other end of the field[/b]

Yeah but rugby is not only a story of one lucky victory against Australia in November or a positive attitude over the game...I doubt Scotland became suddenly a team able to win the 6th nations because of one match or positive attitude.

If you look at the results of these 2 teams objectivly, a scottish victory would be a big surprise.

Allez les bleus !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you will see the passion the most important thing and france don't have any. They're always over confident.The french media are already talking about a grand slam. It would be good for the game of rugby if scotland won today because they've the best brand of rugby in the 6N[/b]

Ok, I read some Welshmen talking on 606 this morning and even they don't chat quite as much ******** as you do. Scotland are, and have been for the last 15 years, a shite team. They don't even show glimpses of being good. In order to win games, they have to rely on their opponents to be badly off-colour. And they never score any tries. Ever.

15 years is an exaggeration, they were champions in... 1999.

That's 11 years of being shite!

I' assume that I was a bit stupid there but scotland have always been a good team but badly managed .Robinson is capable of putting this young team together

While they don't have a 10, any centres, an alternative to Blair and only Murray in the pack (who won't play on Sundays like today), they ain't going to win Sod all.

Recently Scottish clubs have proved that they have some very good players and attacking flair. They'll be at home and very determined to start well in the tournament. Plus, we're french so we know how the first game of the 6N is always very difficult for us. If we manage to win it by more than say 7 points it will give us confidence and we will be very difficult to beat next week, even if Ireland is obviously the best team in Europe.

So all in all, it will be a tough game but there's no need to boast and post over the top comments, the beauty of the 6N is that basically any team can beat any team on a good day.

I do hope the Scots have a good tournament, there are already 4 teams that could seriously win it, adding one would be great for the suspense! :bana:

EDIT: The French don't have passion? Where does that come from?

Haaa BBC they had to speak about the "Violence" of the frenchies...they could not be just nice with us , impossible :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 7 2010, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Recently Scottish clubs have proved that they have some very good players and attacking flair. They'll be at home and very determined to start well in the tournament. Plus, we're french so we know how the first game of the 6N is always very difficult for us. If we manage to win it by more than say 7 points it will give us confidence and we will be very difficult to beat next week, even if Ireland is obviously the best team in Europe.

So all in all, it will be a tough game but there's no need to boast and post over the top comments, the beauty of the 6N is that basically any team can beat any team on a good day.

I do hope the Scots have a good tournament, there are already 4 teams that could seriously win it, adding one would be great for the suspense! :bana:

EDIT: The French don't have passion? Where does that come from?[/b]

French fans are kind of infamous for becoming bored and disinterested if their team starts to lose at any stage in a match. Stade de France becomes a very quiet place when france are losing.

Sounds like a massive amount of France fans there today, they've been louder than the Scots so far

Latest posts