• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland's Chances

i never said i "ruled out italy" (or certainly didnt mean it anyway), what i said was i was confident in my teams ability to beat Italy, and that I was sure we would make the quarters - but i by no means think we ARE in the quarters. i would not be surprised if Italy did win. what i meant was i feel confident they wont. (my own opinion, which i am entitled to)

anyway, ignore the scotland italy 6N game this year - if that happens again in the WC someone in the coaching set-up WILL get the sack! ok, scotland would apparently only have won by 1 point, but we had 5 or 6 penalties we could have kicked but didnt because we "needed tries"

and as for the last pumas encounter, we should have won that game. ok, credit to argentina for beating us, but had we not given away that bloomin' penalty try at the end we would have won - and that was in "the dark days" under matt williams. we have improved no end since then, and a game between us right now could be a pretty close affair.

i never said i "ruled out italy" (or certainly didnt mean it anyway), what i said was i was confident in my teams ability to beat Italy, and that I was sure we would make the quarters - but i by no means think we ARE in the quarters. i would not be surprised if Italy did win. what i meant was i feel confident they wont. (my own opinion, which i am entitled to)[/b]

Well I understood that from: I am now sure Scotland will make it to the quarters, and if we get Ireland or Argentina you would be a fool to rule us out. My mistake then :drinks:

and as for the last pumas encounter, we should have won that game. ok, credit to argentina for beating us, but had we not given away that bloomin' penalty try at the end we would have won - and that was in "the dark days" under matt williams. we have improved no end since then, and a game between us right now could be a pretty close affair.
[/b]

Well, my opinion is that Scotland would have at most 25% probability of winning against Argentina.

...and as for the last pumas encounter, we should have won that game. ok, credit to argentina for beating us, but had we not given away that bloomin' penalty try at the end we would have won - and that was in "the dark days" under matt williams. we have improved no end since then, and a game between us right now could be a pretty close affair.
[/b]

Well my friend. What people remember after the time goes is the final score.
In that regard, we should have win against the bocks in Arg when they scored a drop goal (I believe) in discount time, or against the British lions, or Georgia should have beaten Ireland in the last game, or if my grandma had won the Lotto and give me money to live in Buenos Aires and support my expenses while I train in a good team and became a Puma, or many other "putative endings", which were not the ones that happen in reality.

Also, it is not good to compare teams along time because they evolve so quick with the current expansion of Rugby, that they are no longer the same in a 2 years period. You said something about this

Call me over-optimistic, but if Scotland beat Italy and France don't come first in their pool, in a match against Ireland or Argentina, Scotland will have a chance...
[/b]

ja... i don´t think the scotish have a chance against us. I might say something more, i expect to play against them so we get to the semi finals in an easier way. The Pumas have enough stamina and guts to win the game either against Italy or Scotland, but we need to end up first in our pool. Anything can happen that´s for sure but i repeat, the scotish are gonna find a rough bone to bite with the Pumas :p