• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scrum Collapsing

We tried a handful of Gravel after that which if I am being honest was not enjoyable by any stretch of the imagination... Who knew about ricochets eh?

Could've been worse... some friends decided to launch a bag of wet flour at my mates window via 3 man catapult thinking it would splat... yeahh kinda went straight through and hit him :p

Could've been worse... some friends decided to launch a bag of wet flour at my mates window via 3 man catapult thinking it would splat... yeahh kinda went straight through and hit him :p

Haha wonderful!

Why am I still online...I have work in the morning.

1 -No he read it on there FB page and then we went 2- but there was loads of people there. 3- Luckily enough we were there first

How is that sequence of events even possible...for there to be loads of people there yet you be the first...?

We arrived at 11 and we got to play at 2. For u to understand that....sorry too tired to try to come up with a slag.

Easy-Reading: We arrived at 11am and we got to play the game at 2pm. For you to understand that....sorry too tired to try to come up with a slag

Not so hard?

Easy-Reading: We arrived at 11am and we got to play the game at 2pm. For you to understand that....sorry too tired to try to come up with a slagNot so hard?
It's pretty funny how little I care about my grammar. I'm on my holidays, I need a break from all the study and perfection

It's pretty funny how little I care about my grammar. I'm on my holidays, I need a break from all the study and perfection

Well if you want to carry on posting your drivel sunshine you better learn to get it correct, respect the forum.

Ahh, so your posts these holidays have been while your mind has been turned off. Explains a lot.

the other team never gets penalised for collapsing it for me! i thought ok cool penalty try, but nuh, rescrum, again, and again, plus it's meant to be a freekick for that now to isnt it?

the other team never gets penalised for collapsing it for me! i thought ok cool penalty try, but nuh, rescrum, again, and again, plus it's meant to be a freekick for that now to isnt it?
Has anyone else gotten away with it, or seen the cpu get away with it? Just trying to get an idea of how often it happens as if it's once in every 50 attempts or something similar then there's no point trying it.I wonder if the odds are better in certain situations, defending a 5m scrum for example?

Great that this thread is back on track. TRF Cymro and TRF Nickdnz were more than a little generous letting that some of it go, as the guys from HB are hardly going to answer questions in a thread full of bickering. :)

I'd call it destruction of a perfectly good thread opening question.

I've often wondered why the collapse scrum function is there. It's always only resulted in a penalty or a penalty try against me. It seems to me that HB just have made it totally illegal.

I think they should have done it differently. Made scrum controls (this for PS3):

X - Feed Scrum
Left Stick - Drive
Square - Hook
L2 (Held down)- Loosehead Prop pressure up or down (with right stick)
R2 (Held down)- Tighthead Prop pressure up or down (with right stick)
Only one of those can be held down and adjusted at one time.

Had it that after you feed you can hold down a prop control and click in R3 as well as push that right stick up or down (applying pressure up or down) for a defending scrum. If they hold it up too long, their prop pops up and it's a penalty against him. If they hold down too long, the prop collapses on that side of the scrum.

If you get it right and use subtle switches between Loosehead pressure (either up or down) and Tighthead pressure (either up or down), then you'll get a superior drive and possibly blow the opposition off the ball or even force them to collapse!

Obviously in conjunction with moving the left stick to wheel the scrum (as they appear to have gotten right this time), you'd end up with extremely dynamic scrums with a real feel and contest, yet most often feeds would go the right way.

In real rugby tighthead (win against feed) scrums realistically only happen one in every 25 to thirty feeds. In video game rugby it should be set up and balanced so as that the defender would have an opportunity to win against the feed something more like 2 feeds from 10. This would be much for fun and competitive, yet still giving dominance to the attacking feed.

The thing that always got me (is it just me), or is it pretty rare to get a tighthead in rugby 08. Like I'd play with New Zealand v Japan, have nearly 100kgs on Japan, and they'd still win all of their scrums and I'd win all of mine. The scrum would usually be pushed back about the same distance too. I'm not saying that the best teams should always dominate, but I think the scrums need to represent the stats.

The thing that always got me (is it just me), or is it pretty rare to get a tighthead in rugby 08. Like I'd play with New Zealand v Japan, have nearly 100kgs on Japan, and they'd still win all of their scrums and I'd win all of mine. The scrum would usually be pushed back about the same distance too. I'm not saying that the best teams should always dominate, but I think the scrums need to represent the stats.

In multi-player playing with friends I was always fairly good with scrums and it was almost a quick-draw thing in the past. I could win ball quite often (maybe 1 against the feed every 6 scrums), so it was quite good in that way.

In single player I'd totally agree with you Nick, it just wasn't quite right. I'd like to feel that you could use some tactic to out-muscle and push your opposition off the ball. Sure in real life it doesn't happen too often, but in a video game, you need a small contest within the greater game, something to make the scrum..... something. At the moment it's a little one dimensional. As I said earlier, feeling that you'd worked hard to push the other team off the ball would be rewarding.

The idea above would obviously be an "advanced" option, but it would take no longer to get used to than the controls for an fps to be honest.

I'd like the idea of using the pressure of the drive forward (left stick), in conjunction with the slight upwards and downwards pressure that make the difference within the forward pushing in a real scrum.

I don't like how scrums get pushed a certain distance then no more, so you can't get pushover tries from 5m out - then again with scrums pretty much always being won by the attacking team you'd get hundreds of pushover tries as the scrum always gets pushed several M at every go

Latest posts