• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Second test - NZL vrs ENG

Thorpe and Flintoff at the crease, Geraint Jones to come, then the bowlers. England need to be making 350 minimum.

England all out for 526, Flintoff just fell short of a century on 94, Jones made his century, NZ 11-0 in reply. England could do with some quick wickets if they're to have any chance of winning this one.

Close of play and England well in control with New Zealand 102-5 and a whole spate of injuries.

Looked a bit dodgy for Eng at 39-0, but then Hoggard, Harmison and Flintoff hit the money and had the kiwi's in all kind's of trouble. Good stuff. Hopefully we will continue as we left off tomorrow morning and win before lunch.

ANother thing. The 'Beige Brigade' - a bit pathetic really. Embarrassing compared to the might of the BArmy Army.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 5 2004, 12:02 AM
Some more bloody awful bowling from England, though the Kiwi pair are batting very well.

All Blacks 127-1 at Lunch.
Good to see youre predicting the All Blacks to thrash the touring Poms
<

NZL is gone in this game. Out bowled and out batted by England again. Bowling is especially disappointing with the so called "strike bowlers" pretty ineffective........

Only thing to look forward to from our prospective is the one day series, where hopefully we can show our wares..........

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 5 2004, 12:08 PM
That pitch will deteriorate soon; field day for the Kiwis.
LOL. looks like i was right unfortunately

England have wrapped it up alright, NZ were 161-9 with Vetorri not batting, England just lost 1 wicket in chase of the 45 runs they needed.

Fantastic last 2 days by England. Another series win, but a loss at Trent Bridge would ruin the seires for England. 3-0 please.

With all these injuries for NZ England should be able to wrap up the series 3-0.

Well, nothing like watching grass grow... Too Bad there 22 guys in White distracting me from the main entertainment.

New Zealand really do not have a single half decent bowler. The abtsmen are solid, but Chris MArtin and Daryl Tuffey are truly shite. Chris Cairns is a spent force with the ball and Vettori has done nothing. You really miss Shane Bond.

Originally posted by umosay@Jun 9 2004, 06:36 PM
Tuffeys pathetic right now!

used to be good
he only performs well at home when everyone is watching on tv and then the public thinks hes the man. but he needs pitches that help the bowlers. he has no spark or threat (e.g pace).

Poor performance from what is, ultimately, a poor team.

I did say that England would have the series wrapped up before the final test, but I wasn't expecting such an inept bowling performance from third rate bowlers.

And the most uncertain thing about the whoel test, the Headingly pitch, didn't do as expected.

Would have loved to have seen a fully fit Bond bowling on that pitch (even England fans would be wanting to see that) i think he would have been just plain dangerous to batsmans health, but not to be........

Hope Bond is available to bowl against Aussie in our tour there later - he seems to have the wood on the Aussies.............

Strange decision to even bring Bond, for the tests.

Dangerously small squad of 14, too.

Latest posts