• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final: Bulls v Crusaders

D

Dumbo

Semi final two see's the Bulls take on the Crusaders in Pretoria.

Only thing to say about this game is that looking at both teams last week... who'd you back?

Playing the Bulls, who are in the best form of their life, at Loftus Versfeld....

The Crusaders will be hurting after this one.

Bulls by 10.

This match is gonna be insane!

If du Preez plays i'm gonna back the Bulls, if he doesn't i'm leaning towards the Crusaders.

its going to be a big match no matter what.

remember the crusaders have yet to lose a semi final match

but that record can always get broken as what happened last week, the crusaders hadnt lost at home since 2004 now they have.

In the Bulls` favour- the powerhouse pack, a light-blue clad army of Loftus obsessives, uhm fans, possible jet-lag factor, and of course, altitude.

In the Crusaders favour- the experience of knowing how to win the big one, messrs. Carter and McCaw, who when fully on song can turn just about any game on its head, and Robbie Deans.

Let`s put it this way- I won`t be putting the mortgage on a win either side. Definately the game of the round. Or at least, one of 2 games of the round.

Bulls will take this. They will expose the Crsauders' tight five. They're average players (with the exception of Jack), and have been overachieving imo.

Bulls are also tough to beat at home. I can't remember the last time the Crusaders have won over there?

bulls forwards were superb last weekend, crusaders all round were shocking imo, but i'd have to back the crusaders even tho i dislike them lol they are not quite like the reds aye!!

Bulls are also tough to beat at home. I can't remember the last time the Crusaders have won over there?[/b]

last year. round robin game. the previous game they had lost to the stormers. richie mccaw was rested against the stormers and the bulls. tenrau leitmer scored 2 tries against the bulls. dan carter was superb in that game. the crusaders completely shut out the bulls team and the fans

i won't be surprised if that happens again. but this is better bulls team. they will need dan carter and aaron mauger who are both in doubt for the semis.

hopefully the crusaders can pull this off so that there is at least one kiwi team in the final. if the blues do make it through I would also hope the crusaders won because playing at jade > SA imo. the crusaders are a far better team than the reds especially with their top lineout available. the tight five may be a little bit suspect but the crusaders all pull as a team and any weakness is quickly covered by someone else. a lot will hinge on if carter plays because simply the best 10 in the world playing is better for any team than him not playing. will be a cracker of a game and I think the crusaders can do it by a few points.

ahh, thats right nik.. My memory only remembered the 2005 and the 2003 clash at loftus..

I don't think the Crusaders can hack it this time round, unless the Bulls collapse, which has happened(last years semi), I've mentioned in an earlier post that several articles refer to NZ players being tired or appear lethargic, if journalists are saying that now imagine how tired they're going to be after their little flight. Especially coming off 2 consecutive losses I can't see them take this game.
Add to that a Bulls outfit brimming with self belief atm and you've got a recipe for the all South African final. Go Sharks, go Bulls.

Bulls on great FORM they can actually win this one!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will be great to see a all Saffies final!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the Bulls will be way too powerful for an ailing Crusaders team who are losing the plot every week.

.....but I wouldn't bet on anything.....Dan Carter, Aaron Mauger, Chris Jack and Richie McCaw have yet to put in a complete performance. imagine if one of them decides to do it in this game....imagine if all four of them decide they are gonna actually play.....

....still a big ask though considering none of them have given a full 80 minute performance yet.

dont be surprised if the crusaders pull out all the stops and end up dominating the bulls all over the park, they know how to cut down the opposition they have done it year after year.

Finals football is a step up from the weekly round robin, can the bulls handle the pressure of a knock out game? we will find out this weekend

<div class='quotemain'>
can the bulls handle the pressure of a knock out game?
[/b]
They did last week. I'm sure they can deal with this one also.

BULLS by 10.
[/b][/quote]

We will all agree though that the Crusaders are about a 90 upgrade over the Reds. This Crusaders outfit is far superior to that Reds team, this is a completely different scenario. The good thing about a semi in SA is that I can watch the game at a decent hour.

The good thing about a semi in SA is that I can watch the game at a decent hour.
[/quote]
i am neither a bulls fan nor a crusaders fan but the fact that the bulls are in the semi's at home, i am finding this match very interesting indeed and will definately be getting up for this one!!!

What a game this is gonna be, & who would of thought this outcome would of happened? full credit to the S.A teams they fully deserve to be where they are consistency and attractive rugby throughout the whole season...

Prediction wise...

Too hard for me cant really pick this 1, Bulls over there are unstoppable, then you have the crusaders who always seem to pull something out of nowhere

Uuuuuuuuuuummmmmm "THE BULLS" speaking with my head and not my heart

Latest posts