• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final: Bulls v Crusaders

It's unpredictable really, especially hearing different opinions coming from each individual. Anything is possible.

as for new zealand rugby, our season is just beginning. the purpose of the reconditioning programme was to make the players peak come rwc. i hope they peak.[/b]

What I am concerned about is the probability of one or more of the 22 that were chosen in that programme, may suffer an injury in the up coming Tri-nations and test matches against France. Jason Eaton's dream of playing his first World Cup is over. So it might just happen to any All Black really.

I lost interest in the Super 12 / 14 about 3 years ago. I have seen many a NZer / South African / Australian say thats its the preimer because of tries. But today there weren/t any in this game. The Crusaders vs Brumbies was much the same. So much for the stereotypes I guess.

NZ are not going to win the World Cup this year. My money has been on France for about 20 months and I am still in belief that this will indeed eveentuate. NZ have only had big wins over experimenting teams. The French team that got thrashed in Lyon in November will be vastly different to the one we see this September.

All the talk of NZ having talent to burn could only scrape home wins against Argentina and Ireland. Two teams who have never beaten the All Blacks....

RSA are definetly looking sharp. It always amazes me thaat they can find such talented new loose forwards at the drop of a hat. I think it´ll be an RSA Vs France final.

NZ to lose like they have in the previous 4 world cups: the counter attack lines prevented and superior forward play putting the team on the back foot.
[/b]

Can I interest you in investing in a time machine i've created? It works honest - and it's just as safe as the money you put on France 20 months ago.

Oh where to begin, where to begin - For a start we played Argentina in Benous Aires - and unless I don't know my Geography, last time I checked Benous Aires was not in New Zealand, but indeed, in Argentina... therefore it can't really be counted as an All Black home game.

You say to ignore the 47-3 thrashing of the French IN France because it was an experimental team - but you take the Ireland and Argentina tests (which all 3 were won by NZ) as reasons why we won't win... sadly for you and whole arguement, it kind of goes out the window with the fact that the AB team in those 3 tests were experimental as they come, but hey, who needs to do 30 seconds research when you can just talk bullshit.

Also - what rock have you been living under? When was the last time the All Black foward pack were troubled come scrum time? If I didn't know better I would suspect you are still stuck in 2002 - Or maybe you just don't watch Rugby? Would probably explain how you formulated your conclusion with the reasons you used.

It's unpredictable really, especially hearing different opinions coming from each individual. Anything is possible.

as for new zealand rugby, our season is just beginning. the purpose of the reconditioning programme was to make the players peak come rwc. i hope they peak.[/b]

What I am concerned about is the probability of one or more of the 22 that were chosen in that programme, may suffer an injury in the up coming Tri-nations and test matches against France. Jason Eaton's dream of playing his first World Cup is over. So it might just happen to any All Black really.
[/b]

pretty much between now and the world cup any injury is possible to the abs or any other team. that is how rugby goes hopefully none happen and that the merits of resting the top 22 abs shines through. the tests this year before the world cup have been planned for sometime and ultimately they do help pay the bills and provide some nice build up matches to the world cup

Oh where to begin, where to begin - For a start we played Argentina in Benous Aires - and unless I don't know my Geography, last time I checked Benous Aires was not in New Zealand, but indeed, in Argentina... therefore it can't really be counted as an All Black home game.[/b]

I said 'All the talk of NZ having talent to burn could only scrape home wins against Argentina and Ireland.' scrape home doesn-t constitute playing -at home-.....

You say to ignore the 47-3 thrashing of the French IN France because it was an experimental team - but you take the Ireland and Argentina tests (which all 3 were won by NZ) as reasons why we won't win... sadly for you and whole arguement, it kind of goes out the window with the fact that the AB team in those 3 tests were experimental as they come, but hey, who needs to do 30 seconds research when you can just talk bullshit..[/b]

Yes, ignore it. The NZ team is similar to what will play in the World Cup. All players will certainly make the 30, excluding injured players of course.

15 MacDonald, 14 Rokocoko, 13 Smith, 12 McAlistair, 11 Sivivatu, 10 Carter, 9 Weepu, 8 So-oialo, 7 McCaw, 6 Collins, 5 Williams, 4 Ryan, 3 Hayman, 2 Oliver, 1 Woodcock

All bar Ryan, who is injured, are going to the World Cup and most will be in the starting XV. In contrast that French team is a lot different to the team that won the 6 Nations and the team that is going to play in the World Cup.

Team that lost 47-3 to NZ on the left. Team that is now playing on the right in bold.

1 Marconnet Milloud
2 Szarzewski Ibañez
3 de Villiers de Villiers / Mas
4 Pelous Nallet
5 Papé Thion
6 Dusautoir Betsen
7 Bonnaire Bonnaire
8 Vermeulen Chabal / Harinordoquy / Vermeulen
9 Yachvili Mignoni
10 Traille Beauxis / Skrela
11 Dominici Dominici
12 Jauzion Jauzion
13 Fritz Marty
14 Rougerie Heymans / Clerc
15 Laharrague Poitrenaud

The differences are phenomenal. Its a maximum of 5 players from that game now making the first choice French side. That French team that NZ smashed was certinaly not the team that is now playing and won the 6N..... :cheers:

You can say I'm talking bullshit. But perhaps I know my rugby? :bleh!:

NZ are excellent, everyone knows this but their strngthes are set to be overturned. McCaw's cheating over the past 4 years is now falling through as he continously gets penalised (for doing the same things he has always done but never got penalised for) and he is getting frequent yellow cards.

Also - what rock have you been living under? When was the last time the All Black foward pack were troubled come scrum time? If I didn't know better I would suspect you are still stuck in 2002 - Or maybe you just don't watch Rugby? Would probably explain how you formulated your conclusion with the reasons you used.[/b]

France lose matches when they are pushed around, thats no secret. England did it in the 6N, Scotland did it in 2006, Argentina in 2004, and NZ did it in 2006. France have responded by selecting Milloud and Ibanez as their first choice players (ahead of flashy players esp Szarzewski) and using a great scrumager, Nicolas Mas in some of the 6N matches. France were just as good as NZ in the scrums against Wales.

In terms of the rest, its best to not say such things when you don-t know who the French players are. You can say NZ will win as long as you like but you should investigate different challenging teams first to get a better understanding of the World Cup. Everyone knows what to expect from NZ. The same is not true for South Africa and certainly not for France. Suggesting they are going to lose because NZ recorded big wins in 2006 over both countries is guess work.

What the hell are you on about now?

I quite clearly said :

Originally posted by Me
Ireland and Argentina tests (which all 3 were won by NZ) as reasons why we won't win... sadly for you and whole arguement, it kind of goes out the window with the fact that the AB team in those 3 tests were experimental as they come, but hey, who needs to do 30 seconds research when you can just talk bullshit..

The team which played the Irish and WON was (and you can't tell me that this isn't experimental) :

Clarke Dermody
Keven Mealamu
Carl Hayman
Chris Jack
Troy Flavell
Jerome Kaino
Richie McCaw (Captain)
Rodney So’oialo
Byron Kelleher
Luke McAlister
Joe Rokocoko
Aaron Mauger
Casey Laulala
Doug Howlett
Mils Muliaina

Reserves:

Andrew Hore
Neemia Tialata
Greg Rawlinson
Craig Newby
Jimmy Cowan
David Hill
Ma’a Nonu

You are saying that we won't win because we scraped home against the Irish - but you make excuses for the French. We played Experimental Side and won 3 tests. The French played an experimental side and lost by 44 points - who has the better depth?

In terms of the rest, its best to not say such things when you don-t know who the French players are. You can say NZ will win as long as you like but you should investigate different challenging teams first to get a better understanding of the World Cup. Everyone knows what to expect from NZ. The same is not true for South Africa and certainly not for France. Suggesting they are going to lose because NZ recorded big wins in 2006 over both countries is guess work.[/b]

I'd say its almost as stupid as saying the All Blacks won't win because they played 3 Second Strength Sides and didn't beat Argentina (In Argentina) and Ireland by 50 points.

France lose matches when they are pushed around, thats no secret. England did it in the 6N, Scotland did it in 2006, Argentina in 2004, and NZ did it in 2006. France have responded by selecting Milloud and Ibanez as their first choice players (ahead of flashy players esp Szarzewski) and using a great scrumager, Nicolas Mas in some of the 6N matches. France were just as good as NZ in the scrums against Wales. [/b]

Wow, good for them - lets just assume that because the French made some changes and bullied Wales around like the All Blacks (who rested 3 players in the Tight 5) that suddenly 4 years of dominance in the scrums is just going to disappear.

McCaw's cheating over the past 4 years is now falling through as he continously gets penalised (for doing the same things he has always done but never got penalised for) and he is getting frequent yellow cards. [/b]

As i recently told you before melhor Macaw takes what he does to the border line. We believe within the rights, maybe marginal 50/50 you could say. Its actually questionable to say weather he's cheating. What we in NZ call someone like MaCaw who perfectly executes ever thing down to a "T"

A practitioner of his trade

Yeah, I'm an idiot. It's this perverse refusal to accept that NZ rugby is so far ahead of the rest of the world. But ...

*McCaw gets reffed properly and ends up a liability to his team.
*Carter plays a fine game, but the Bulls say So What?
*NZ scrums get destroyed in both semis.
*There were three big matches today, and of the six teams playing Leicester were the best by a distance, unimaginative Bulls second, and scatty Sharks third.
[/b]
You're a f**king nut job. Lay off the oxygen

You mean the same Crusaders scrum that got utterly raped by the Highlanders?

The Blues scrum is ok, but Afoa gets exposed a lot these days.

Sth. Africa just have a whole stock of awesome props though.

BJ, CJ, Os, Steenkemp
The other two props would start in any other team in the world (except for maybe the All Blacks)

Latest posts