• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Senio Off To Saders

U

umosay

Originally posted by stuff.co.nz
Senio signs up with Canterbury
26 September 2005

All Blacks halfback Kevin Senio has signed a two-year contract with Canterbury.

The 27-year-old will join the red and blacks at the end of this year's NPC rugby season.

Canterbury Rugby Football Union chief executive Hamish Riach said he was pleased that negotiations with Senio were complete.

"Kevin is a very good player as shown by his elevation to the All Blacks this year. We are very much looking forward to his contribution to Canterbury rugby."

Senio said it was a tough decision to leave Bay of Plenty.

"I'm excited about the opportunities presented by Canterbury, but I want to thank the Bay for being so supportive of me over the last three years," he said.

Senio and his family intend to move to Christchurch after this season.

Canterbury lost veteran Justin Marshall this year. Marshall moved to play club rugby in England after the test season.

Things are getting worse for the Bay
<

guess this means rico won't be moving to canterbury then. big blow not only for the bay but nz rugby and particualry the same teams like taranaki northland etc.

yeh that kinda sucks...i guess its his choice for his benefit
good on em anyway...with kelleher the front runner for waikato he wud have to move to be of decent challenge to our no.1 halfback

also the number 8 from wellington will be moving to counties next year in the expanded comp..thats good he diffinetly suits there style..i forgot his name tho,im sure in the long term there will some high class players crossing over to the lower ranked teams

but as in the next couple of years in the new npc..its gonna be owned by the top dogs

waldrom i think is the guy you were thinking of chiro. danny lee is going back to the hawkes bay next year. the top teams like auckland canterbury will dominate the first year but second year there might be a bit more movement.

Kristian Ormsby is going to counties next year. Dont know about waldrom though

Originally posted by esoj@Sep 26 2005, 12:17 PM
guess this means rico won't be moving to canterbury then. big blow not only for the bay but nz rugby and particualry the same teams like taranaki northland etc.
Why's that esoj?

Thought he was already there?

rico gear plays for nelson bays in the npc and was looking to move to canterbury at the end of the year. this has been put off due to senio moving to canterbury. each union can only sign one current ab from another team and senio will be canterbury's one for this year. guardian i believe that you are right that it is ormsby that is going and not waldrom. our good friend chiro put me wrong when he said number 8 he must have been doing something when he posted that (*smoking weed* *cough * I mean important business transactions.

Originally posted by esoj@Sep 26 2005, 03:59 PM
our good friend chiro put me wrong when he said number 8 he must have been doing something when he posted that (*smoking weed* *cough * I mean important business transactions.
<
Wouldn't bet against it

Gear will stay play for the Crusaders though, just not for their NPC side.
Good move by Senio. get him behind a dominating forward pack

Hey sorry Umosay,I posted the same topic a day later LOL without knowing there was another thread on the same subject.

Anyway you or any of the other mods could delete the topic,just taking up space.

eh i would have rather not had senio but keep nutbrown. he is going to have another year as second stringer and i think he is better than that. maybe we will see him move to the bay for next years npc lol that would be funny.

i could be bias though as i went to school with him

i don't htink rico will mind to much, its not like he is going to be playing to much npc next year, when is he due for the bays this year?

Originally posted by umosay+Sep 26 2005, 04:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Sep 26 2005, 04:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Sep 26 2005, 03:59 PM
our good friend chiro put me wrong when he said number 8 he must have been doing something when he posted that (*smoking weed* *cough * I mean important business transactions.
<
Wouldn't bet against it [/b]
what do you mean?...

i know who was i just couldnt put a name to his face,ormsby plays 8 aswel as 6

also..

waikato have secured holah till 2007

and wellington resign weepu and nonu till 2007

and chiro is secure for 2007

never knew ormsby played 8 thought he played 6 or lock. chiro is secure for life I thought especially with what he can do in a non-playing role and his off field activities...

good to see holah and also howlett staying until after the next world cup. interesting reading in the nz herald that with senio gone the chiefs are in trouble at halfback and may have to use the draft. are there no good waikato, counites or bay halfbacks going aorund. obiviously kelleher is the number 1 but surely they must be some more halfbacks in the cheifs ares that could step up to super 12 level

Great signing for Canterbury. I really don't think Nutbrown is up to super 12.
Watch Senios career skyrocket.

Latest posts