• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Serge Betsen incident

G

Gandalf

Hi Guys,

After watching the replay numerous times I find it hard to believe Serge Betsen was knocked out by Joe Rocokoko's knee/elbow...

Please view the following link: http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/

Please share your thoughts regarding this very suspicious video clip.

Should Paul Robinson be cited. I reckon so if one is to follow the precedent set earlier in the tournament.

Cheers,

Gandalf

mmmmhhh well he was getting up and that should explain why he fell back down, it looked more like a pushed but the fist seemed clentched. is there any news on how his going is he allright because it would be a huge blow for france he is important to their cup hopes. well i know what situation im in so.. GO FRANCE

Robinson's fist was fairly well closed, but was not tensed as you would need to have it to punch someone hard enough to knock them out.

A flanker's natural reaction is to get back to his feet immediately. The likelyhood is that all the damage was done when Betsen got his head in the wrong position tackling Rocokoko - it was only when he tried to get up that the dizzyness, nauseau etc. was fully realised.

Although I'm suprised that biased ******* Wayne Barnes didn't send Robinson off for it... :rolleyes:

To be honest his fist was clenched but I think it was the tackle that did it to him, I have been told that Betsen in fact swallowed his tongue and that is why there was a major incident with it, with one of the players I think he said NZ managed to get his tongue back!

Watching it over and over again the arm of Robinson just doesn't seem to be in punch mode except for a closed hand (aka "the fist"). So, I still think he took a good elbow and possibly knee to the noggin. He was deadset on getting back up, but his body just wouldn't allow him. That's how heavy head blows are, right? So, now we have one incident not involving kiwis and foul play. :D

you don't go out cold for 4 minutes after landing conscious from the tackle and trying to get up. If you go out like that, there *must* have been contact after the tackle. It doesn't matter how hard it was or was intended to be if he is trying to get up and he's not expecting it, his head is raising and a fist is going the other way, the nerves of the jaw will KO him. You don't have to hit someone that hard, just has to be in the right place ie. the jaw. I'm not saying that the guy intended to hit Bestsen or did hit Bestsen, the replay is inconclusive. If he did hit him, I'm not saying that it was intentional either, but that is what the area of conjecture should be about, not on at what point he went out as that is open and shut. He was simply not knocked unsconscious by the tackle (although certainly he felt it and would have weakened him towards any other incident), yet he DID end up unconscious for 4 minutes from an incident that happened *after* the tackle as he was trying to get up.

If you see the Video, you see that betsen have his acident caused by a french player by his leg

Yep, I saw that during the replays on the night. Watch the French player running into view (all you see is his legs), as Robinson pushes Betsen back down, the French player knees him in the side of the head. THATS what did the damage.

Its there in plain sight.

Yep, I saw that during the replays on the night. Watch the French player running into view (all you see is his legs), as Robinson pushes Betsen back down, the French player knees him in the side of the head. THATS what did the damage.

Its there in plain sight. [/b]

That's what did it. If you see the first angle at the beginning of the video, you can see that Robinson just pushed him down in the chest, but it was the French players knee/shin that knocks him out.

you don't go out cold for 4 minutes after landing conscious from the tackle and trying to get up. [/b]

actually you do as sorta quoting my sports injuries lecturer, you're actually conscious for a wee while after a blow to the head before going out cold. however i do not think it was joe's elbow that did it. Neither was Robinson's 'punch.' Robinsons hand goes in with an open hand before seeing it clenched when pulling back. It was not a punching action more of a pushing motion, hardly enough to knock someone out cold. It was that french dudes knee i tells yah!

lol

bloody all blacks

its not the same thing, candybum (love the name btw!), I've seen plenty of people knocked out in the UFC who are conscious for half a second or so afterwards and come around within 20-30 seconds or so and don't realise they have been out and are fairly confused, for them its like no time has passed at all but from being in the middle of the fight they are suddenly surrounded by medical staff holding them down with seemingly now time passed. When you are totally sparko like Bestsen, you really do go out right away, unless you have a brain clot. I think the first knock Betsen took in the tackle was almost hard enough to KO him, but with a fuzzy head, went into autopilot to try and get up, but the knee is most powerful weapon the human body has and an accidental one from his own player was devastating, especially after the earlier knock.

I agree nothing mailicous there.
I've had it a couple of times when you go in for a tackle and get clobbered in the head. You fall to the ground and get back up straight away, but your legs are like jelly and you fall back down.
Only once has it happened to me where i didn't get knocked out straight away - that happened to be when i was bottled on a night out. I was told that i stood there for a few seconds, kneeled down and just passed out.

It could easily have been a delayed reaction to the tackle on Big Joe.

yeah head knocks are funny really. I remember going on to the field running up with the ball, next thing i know the game was finished and i was shaking their hands? wtf! lol

yeah head knocks are funny really. I remember going on to the field running up with the ball, next thing i know the game was finished and i was shaking their hands? wtf! lol
[/b]

did you win? can't remember?

I remember a aus/NZ league test 10 or 15 years back where one of the kiwi forwards (the name Shaw springs to mind, but I have no real idea who it was) got knocked out trying to make a tackle. He was lying on the ground with one leg half raised and quivering in a seizure. I thought he was going to die while the game continued around him. The seizure ended, the team doctor got him off the field and walked him round a bit, THEN SENT HIM BACK ON!

Anyway, being half dead he was like the terminator, had the game of his life, and NZ won! I think he terrified the usually dominant Aussie league forwards, who probably thought he was a zombie.

Latest posts