• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Set Plays (Numbers over Players Heads)

D

Denis_dh

Hey,
I've looked everywhere in the manual for info on the set plays the backs impliment without finding anything! Every now and then when I'm playing I seem to activate one, numbers appear over certain backs head but I have no idea how or how to use it properly. Any info apreciated!

Thanks
Denis

What platform u playin on? I had trouble with this an what it is is u press 1 of 4 buttons @ a ruck or scrum(on PS2 its the d-pad:up,down,left,right) an this wil set a certain set play such as classic, pivot, pocket or dummy switch. When u hav activated this play (u will know when the red arrow above the SH will turn green) an u hav passed it out, u can chose what button 2 press(triangle, square, circle or x 4 PS2) for where u want 2 pass it to. If u chose the button above the FH head it does a chip kic. The others perform passes to the players.

Hope this helps.

Cool! I'm actually on the PC and it puts numbers above the players heads! Anyone know if its the corresponding number you have to hit?

I'm guessing so, Denis. Buttons like triangle and square come up over their heads on the PS2 version and you have to press that button to pass the ball to that player.

I assume that the numbers above players heads indicate which number on your joypad you need to press . So, to control player 2, you press whichever is button 2 on the gamepad ? Very hard to do in the heat of the moment though.

If you look at the screeen, it indicates the set plays:

press down once for pocket (flyhalf drops back for the kick)
press right for pivot (backline shifts for great attacking runs)
press up for dummy pass (flyhalf will run across field throwing dummy passes and releasing the ball for the indicated player.

After selecting which play you must wait for the backline to get into formation before you can runthe play watch the arrow above the SH it should bered and then turn green. Green indicates that the play is ready. Now just pass the ball.

Now the numbers should appear above their heads. The number you press will be the player the ball gioes to.

There are also defensive plays

Such as Wide defence
Kick Defence
and another one......

I hope this helps

Does any1 ever find that while waitin 4 the arrow 2 go green, u lose the ball even if it appears won at the bac of the ruck on ur side?

Originally posted by harrison2468@Mar 30 2005, 05:45 AM
Does any1 ever find that while waitin 4 the arrow 2 go green, u lose the ball even if it appears won at the bac of the ruck on ur side?
hey come on guys!!?

No offense but shesh - it's a simulation right...try calling a play when your backs are more organised...if they are not just pass it out normally....

Of course it's going to take too long and you'll turnover the ball if you are calling a move with double rounds and stuff and your backs are goping to take a while (like more than three or four seconds) to assume that formation necessary to execute these plays....

THINK RUGBY when you are paying this game....stick closer to your pack if there's nothing on, not enough backs in the line, or if your momentum is at an inferior level......Do the opposite if the opposite is the case....OK!

Hope this helps.

QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 30 2005, 02:15 PM)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Of course it's going to take too long and you'll turnover the ball if you are calling a move with double rounds and stuff and your backs are goping to take a while (like more than three or four seconds) to assume that formation necessary to execute these plays....[/b]

Still can't c why if ur forwards hav rucked over the ball and won it safely @ the bac, then it should just returm on the oppostion's side if u take 2 long. Ur saying that if u don't use the ball quick, u will lose it. Look @ England. They were taken ages to use the ball of rucks alot of the time. I c what u r sayin, but how can the ball go from bein safely won, an then u take so long, so it just goes on their side?

Originally posted by harrison2468@Mar 30 2005, 10:52 PM
I c what u r sayin, but how can the ball go from bein safely won, an then u take so long, so it just goes on their side?
because the rucks/mauls anything to do with the breakdown is complete utter shite in this game

its rugby league with the odd fumble at the play-the-ball
<

Latest posts