• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SET PLAYS

THe ball gets turned over too much waiting for the set play to set up...the bar above the ruck tells you sod all too. A few infuriating points, but I'm still having fun.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Feb 16 2006, 08:40 AM
THe ball gets turned over too much waiting for the set play to set up...the bar above the ruck tells you sod all too. A few infuriating points, but I'm still having fun.
yeah i had that problem aswell

but i semi figured it out

u gotto go with a few phases with the forwards........get ur momentum past half way....sounds alot, but if u get good go forward it increases fast

then execute a set-play
i finnally got these going at the ruck last night, and i scored some scintilating trys

they even replay the play if u never scored at the next stoppage, coz its just fine seeing the set-plays

Yeah, im starting to get the hang of them, you need to look out wide and see where the gap is, choose the right reciever and bang your away. When the other team does them its tough too, coz they mix it up, one dive tackle and theyre getting a runnaway on you!

A technique I use is to run the forwards back towards the ruck after popping, so they aren't as isolated, reducing the risk of a turnover.

im going to say the obvious here.......
but in 05 i only bought forwards which had the "ball winner" stat in there special abilities screen. i had at least 3-4 ball winners in my team which helped a hell-of-a-lot with turnovers.

i also recently found a new way off winning the ball back in 05 by pressing the "add players to ruck" button repeatedly which wins me the ball back quite often.

you guys might know this already just thought ill say it anyway.

cheers

( unfortunitely i cant speak of 06 cause i live in SA which like to torture us in late realeases!!!!!!)

Latest posts