• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Seven Nations?

Argentina. I've heard there's a lot of them over there.

The only reason they would be based in Europe if they were to join the 6 Nations is beause that's where a lot of players play their club rugby.

Argentina? They're from South America, 6N is a European Championship ;| Even tho they would be based in Portugal/Spain, they're still a South American team.

My dad talked to an old Saracens player, he said that Bulgaria or Poland have the chance to join the 6 nations after the 2011 World Cup.
[/b]

hahahahahaahaha! youre joking yeh? no chance sunshine. not while they are in lower enc comps. if any of the euro teams willbe included it would be romania/ portugal/ georgia.

to the person who said the pumas cant playt till 2011. bullsh*t, sanzar and fox would be very flexible and i reckon fox would love to have a few more games to charge for. the tri nations has changed format in recent times in terns of schedule anyway.

to the person who said the pumas cant playt till 2011. bullsh*t, sanzar and fox would be very flexible and i reckon fox would love to have a few more games to charge for. the tri nations has changed format in recent times in terns of schedule anyway.
[/b]

Yeah, I thought the plan was to have them in before the next round of TV rights negotiations for the Tri Nations but that SANZAR got bored of Argentina arguing with itself.

It probably wouldn't happen but if anything I would just replace Italy with Argentina.

It probably wouldn't happen but if anything I would just replace Italy with Argentina. [/b]

<_<

Why would you do such a thing the Italians are now such a huge part of the Six Nations, they are ever improving since joining and I feel it is only a couple of years off them winning it...

<div class='quotemain'> It probably wouldn't happen but if anything I would just replace Italy with Argentina. [/b]

<_<

Why would you do such a thing the Italians are now such a huge part of the Six Nations, they are ever improving since joining and I feel it is only a couple of years off them winning it...
[/b][/quote]

I actually thought that last year but if anything it looks to me like they've taken a step backwards since 06.

but look at the scots and the welsh are prime examples they can have a great season but the next one is poor... so that could be what the Italians are going, I think personally if you were to remove the Italians permanently you would kill the competition...

I actually thought that last year but if anything it looks to me like they've taken a step backwards since 06.
[/b]

Yes, winning two games, one of those being their first game away from home really is taking a backwards step. If thats bad I feel sorry for France! They won the damn competition! Imagine what a setback that must be for them!

We should throw the English outthey've been taking step backs since 2003 when they won it, and ditch the Welsh out, they've taken a step back since 2005.

They deserve to be turfed along with the Italians who just had the most successful season in their history (talk about a massive step back) and have sparked a massive increase in popularity for the sport in Italy (They made the Front Page of a National Newspaper when they lost to Ireland and 10,000 fans welcomed them home - We must put a stop to that kind of nonsense at once)

So basically Ireland would win by default. I'd be happy with that :)

They could try a six nations rotation(a bit odd and unfair I know) whereby the winners of the wooden spoon let's say Italy get kicked out and replaced by another team eg, Argentina. Whichever team gets the wooden spoon the following year is then replaced by Italy and so on.

Yes, Ireland would win by default, because they'd be the only nation left in the competition under your rules!

Wow what an interesting Tournament that would be...

They would be team of the Tournament and top try scorers as well

Only way they're going to get any of those records, what, with all the chokers they've had.

I do feel that something needs to be done with regards Aregnitina though. They are an emerging rugby nation and as such should be encouraged. I don't personaly feel there's place for them in the 6 Nations, and I would worry about them becoming whipping boys for a few years should they join the Tri-Nations (and therefore set the sport in Argentina backwards). Would there be any way for them to play in a competition against teams such as Fiji and Samoa?

I don't think they would be the Whipping Boys in the Tri Nations... I seriously think they could be a force in it especially at the moment, they seem to be playing some good rugby...
And to be honest the game in Italy never took a step back if anything by the Italians joining early enough, it progressed the game in the country at a greater speed, but SANZAR will have to let the Argies in if they have a good world cup...

There certainly shouldn't be another addition to the Six Nations, but I think a promotion/relegation system between the 6N and the 6NB would be good. Stick in a two-legged playoff between the 6N Wooden Spooners and the 6NB winners and you'd have a great link between the two tournaments.

My opinnion is that the 6 nations should become an "open" league, last team drops to the European Nations cup division 1(aka the 2nd 6 nations). And of course the winner of the division 1 would get into 6N for next season. It would make the stakes higher and also a chance for more countries to get on the top level by having some good quality matches.

I also think that Argentina and Pacific ilands team(damn fijians get there aswell) sould get to join the tri-nations, and maybe in 5 years japan, if they keep improving this quickly, could join aswell. But the thing is that when these 2 competitions are on, the club leagues should have a brake/off season. Othervies the best players wouldnt be there and ppl would lose intrest.

Just my toughts

-SB

ps.1st time posting here 8)

My opinnion is that the 6 nations should become an "open" league, last team drops to the European Nations cup division 1(aka the 2nd 6 nations). And of course the winner of the division 1 would get into 6N for next season. It would make the stakes higher and also a chance for more countries to get on the top level by having some good quality matches.
[/b]
I still think a play-off between the bottom 6N team and the 6NB winner would be the best way forward for the time being. The teams outside the top six in Europe are so far off the pace at the minute that they would struggle to compete against the top six. However, give them a two-legged playoff match against the bottom team every year, and they would soon improve.

Latest posts