• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sevens Ace joins Warriors

B

Bullitt

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3...5771259,00.html

Cracknell signs with the Warriors

Chris-Cracknell-England-sevens_2397019.jpg

Worcester have signed England Sevens and former England U21 star Chris Cracknell until the end of the current season.

Cracknell, who has previously played at Bath, Exeter Chiefs, Cornish Pirates, Newbury and Harlequins, returns from sevens duty in South Africa on Monday.

Cracknell earned rave reviews just last week as he scored two tries as England were narrowly beaten in the IRB Dubai Sevens, where he played alongside new Worcester team-mate Jake Abbott.

Director of Rugby Mike Ruddock said he was delighted to have secured the former England U21 ace.

"Chris has signed a contract that will allow him to be part of our squad and feature for us until the end of this season," said Ruddock.

"I have taken these steps to cover the injury to Netani Talei, who unfortunately will be out until towards the end of the season after shoulder reconstruction.

"It was important that we reinforced this area and I'm particularly pleased to have signed a player of the quality of Chris Cracknell.

"He is a very well respected English qualified back row forward of immense potential. He has learnt his trade playing for teams like Exeter Chiefs and Cornish Pirates and, more recently, he was at Bath until Luke Watson arrived.

"Chris has also featured heavily for England Sevens and is quite obviously a very talented prospect. We look forward to seeing him the Warriors colours before too long."

Where do some of these 7s players play?
I'm pretty ignorant to the issue, but i've seen a fair few classy players on the 7s field, but never on the 15s.
Do they pretty much play 7s all season long , or do they have the opportunity to play 15s but aren't good enough to make the cut most of the time?

Most 7s players can't hack it in the XV game but still keep contracts with clubs, Al be it really crappy clubs... Ben Gollings is an England regular but his club is Aussie 2nd teir no-hopers Gold Coast Breakers. Other clubs in the England team include Birmingham & Solihull, Blackheath, Moseley, Fylde, The Army and up-until now, Cracknell was a non-club player.

That's crazy, Gollings is like an England 7s legend - there through the thick and thin for years now. And his team is a nothing one in Australia?
It's a totally different game though, it's understandable that they can't take the 15s game.
There are very few who can. Look at James Hook, fantastic in 7s play - take him into 15s and he under-achieves all over.
I hope they get paid well for being a 7s player, at least.

Latest posts