• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worcester Warriors 2019/20

Crags

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Exeter
I reckon we will not be fighting down the bottom this time. In fact i think we will be the surprise package. Maybe around 5th. I have had thoughts that we would do well in the past. But this is the most confident i have ever been. Cannot wait for the League games to start.

What do you make of your new signings? Also got that welsh international wing returning from long term injury... ash something? Forgotten his name, sorry.

The signings are the reason for me predicting such a good season. Fidow was brilliant the other day.

I reckon we will not be fighting down the bottom this time. In fact i think we will be the surprise package. Maybe around 5th. I have had thoughts that we would do well in the past. But this is the most confident i have ever been. Cannot wait for the League games to start.

I have a soft spot for Worcester, primarily because they always play with ambition, but 5th is a bold prediction. It's a super competitive league and Sale, in particular have really strengthened, but if you can keep your best players fit, you could be a 'surprise package'.

Nanai, Fidow and Moulds have the potential to be good signings, but Adams and Singleton have left big shoes to fill.

Beck and Lance are good players and will be like new signings given they missed more or less the entirety of last season and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Hill and Lawrence.

Jamie Shillcock looking good in the Premiership Cup tonight. Completely forgot about him.

What's a Worcester first 23 look like for this season then? I've not kept track of the new signings as I've all been focussed on the World Cup.

To be honest, it's pretty hard to say as there's not much to choose between 1st and 2nd choice across some positions in their squad.

I'm speculating on new the signings, but I'd guess something like:

1. Black
2. Annett
3. Schonert
4. Fatialofa
5. G. Kitchener
6. Hill
7. Lewis
8. van Velze
9. Hougaard
10. Weir
11. Fidow
12. Mills
13. Venter/Lawrence
14. Nanai
15. Pennell

16. Moulds
17. Waller
18. Carey
19. A. Kitchener/Bresler
20. du Preez
21. Heaney
22. Lance
23. Shillcock

Surely Marco Mama is going to be around the first team? Back from injury IIRC

Yes, but Lewis is definitely first choice at 7 and Hill is definitely making a case to be the incumbent at 6. At 8 van Velze is the captain and du Preez is definitely in the mix.

Where do we need to recruit in the off season? I feel the obvious ones are 2nd row to replace Fatialofa and 12 to replace Mills. I do think we need a new back 3 player, i just don't see Hammand or Van Breda as good enough. Would also like to see others but not sure where.

Latest posts