• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 20

So if Wasps and Quins win then the top 4 is set? Then its just if Sales can get 2nd?

If Quins and Wasps win then yes, the top 4 is set.

Sale have a difficult run in. They play Bristol, Quins and Exeter. If they win all three (which they'd probably need to), then they deserve 2nd.

Yeah our run in is crazy,
I'd be amazed if we make 2nd, but I'd be very happy with 3rd,
I don't think we'd make the final vs either of the top 2 but a trip to Bristol is less daunting than a trip to Exeter imo - our win vs Bristol this season felt less flukey than our win vs 14 man Exeter (though we'll find out over the next few weeks where the sides stand at this point in the season - I could see us potentially losing all 3 games in the run in, but equally us grinding out 3 wins isn't beyond the realms. Our form is really hard to predict)

I agree, but I do wonder what the odds would be on a Sale vs. Quins final?

In a knock-out scenario, neither can be taken lightly and I don't think a Bristol vs. Exeter final is a foregone conclusion.

Two upsets are unlikely but I think we'll see one.

That's a very big difference between 1st and 2nd and 1st is almost double 5th ... I'm surprised Exeter aren't even in the top 5, but then again, they only really use their maul 5m from the line.

Only just clocked that Bristol are 2nd on metres made and joint top on tries scored from mauls.

That is a touch surprising as I would generally think of them as playing free flowing rugby, but now I think about it, Brian Byrne got a bunch of tries from mauls early in the season and IIRC Sinckler's match winning try against Quins came from a maul so clearly they are mixing it up more than I gave them credit for.

I guess it goes to show that perception and reality are often quite different. Without seeing those stats, I would have put Exeter, Tigers and maybe Bath on that list and two of those aren't even in the top 5.

I expected us to be high up in the maul situation...disappointed with our tries from it though...but then that pretty much sums up our season...lots of possession / territory, but poor efficiency in taking points.

Hopefully the last 2 games have shown a change in tactics slightly...to be more clinical in attack...

Bristol do have a very impressively maul - par for the course with Attwood, though.
Best tighthead lock in the country imo (while Lood is injured, anyway :p)

Surprised to see Ben Curry at 6 and Tom at 7. I would have expected the other way round, although number doesn't really matter I guess. It's still dual opensides really ...

Sale vs. Bristol could be really interesting - the best attack vs. the best defence ...

Concerned about Oosthuizen with JLdP behind him, but other than that I like the side a lot
Hope we get to see a Doherty/Manu midfield

It's still dual opensides really ...
For comparison Bristol are going with no recognised, out and out 7 in the squad! Dan Thomas is phenomenal so guess he's being rested.

Should be very interesting to see how the match develops.

1622200297468.png

Surprised to see Tyack straight in starting. Good to see Weir back for the last 3 games.

Massive changes for Falcons v Exeter....we must be targeting Worcester next week

15 Joel Hodgson
14 Alex Tait
13 George Wacokecoke
12 Pete Lucock
11 Chidera Obonna
10 Toby Flood (captain)
9 Sam Stuart

1 Kyle Cooper
2 Robbie Smith
3 Rodney Ah You
4 Toby Salmon
5 Rob Farrar
6 Gary Graham
7 John Hardie
8 Carl Fearns

Replacements

16 Charlie Maddison
17 Sam Lockwood
18 Mark Tampin
19 Will Montgomery
20 Tom Marshall
21 Louis Schreuder
22 Will Haydon-Wood
23 Zach Kerr

Exeter team, is strong, Hopefully we can keep it under 50.

15 FACUNDO CORDERO
14 ALEX CUTHBERT
13 HENRY SLADE
12 OLLIE DEVOTO
11 TOM O'FLAHERTY
10 JOE SIMMONDS (CAPT)
9 JACK MAUNDER
1 ALEC HEPBURN
2 LUKE COWAN-DICKIE
3 HARRY WILLIAMS
4 JANNES KIRSTEN
5 SAM SKINNER