• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 20

I agree on some of this, but there is also a lot of ill-informed rubbish in there.

I prefer O'Conor, but to suggest Devoto is a 'one trick pony' and compare him to Jamie Roberts is just wildly off. He can bosh, but he's far more of a playmaker than Roberts ever was.

Marchant is playing on the wing for Quins because Esterhuizen and Brown are suspended and Murley was injured. He was also recently voted the best Super Rugby import in recent times by the NZ press.

You're welcome to your opinion, but when you talk rubbish, that is factually not correct, expect to be called out for it.
Also helps that Lang and Northmore are also playing well in the centres. For me it's more a compliment to Marchant that he's trusted and relied on to go on the wing. On that note, Northmore a bolter this summer?

No problem mate
I agree on some of this, but there is also a lot of ill-informed rubbish in there.

I prefer O'Conor, but to suggest Devoto is a 'one trick pony' and compare him to Jamie Roberts is just wildly off. He can bosh, but he's far more of a playmaker than Roberts ever was.

Marchant is playing on the wing for Quins because Esterhuizen and Brown are suspended and Murley was injured. He was also recently voted the best Super Rugby import in recent times by the NZ press.

You're welcome to your opinion, but when you talk rubbish, that is factually not correct, expect to be called out for it.
No problem mate I believe my rubbish opinion maybe as good as your rubbish opinion.
Open forum where people post own views.
I agree O'connor is a good option but I never mentioned him ?
I'll informed I'm only a sad old 60 yr old watched played reffed since 13 and you ?
Please state facts I'm not correct on rather than your thoughts v mine as we can both have contrasting thoughts.

On that note, Northmore a bolter this summer?
I've been really impressed with him, but 13 is a tightly contested area with Lawrence, Slade, Odogwu, Marchant and Manu knocking about

If Quins weren't in the playoffs I'd have definitely had him in the mix for the A game

Personally not for me,Exeter a great team but back line for me not the greatest to look at.
Simmonds a country mile behind Ford, Farrell and Smith.
Devoto a one trick pony like Jamie Roberts good players but no variety.
Slade needs to step up to 2019 level as fell off a tad , Big Joe just no can't get in his club side a regular basis let alone international team.
Marchant is a centre who can only get a game on the wing for his club struggled to get a game in poorest super rugby team in NZ.
Slidghtholme is a work in progress no ready for next step just yet but a game off bench v USA , Canada maybe along with H C.
This is just not true in regards to marchant - he's a wing option as well as a fantastic 13 and in our first choice team he's defo in the centres.

Also calling the Blues the worst team in NZ (especially last season) is pretty laughable. Bear in mind he was also competing with Reiko Ioane for that 13 shirt which is a huge ask!

This is just not true in regards to marchant - he's a wing option as well as a fantastic 13 and in our first choice team he's defo in the centres.

Also calling the Blues the worst team in NZ (especially last season) is pretty laughable. Bear in mind he was also competing with Reiko Ioane for that 13 shirt which is a huge ask!
Again your opinion stats from super rugby show he wasn't favoured.
I'm not having a go at the guy but he's not an International winger in my opinion you are 100% to think otherwise.
My question is why don't quins pick him as 13 which is clearly his best position only you as supporters of this team know or can guess why coaching staff pick him out of position.
Remember my post was relying to Marchant being an England winger which I believe he isn't.

No problem mate

No problem mate I believe my rubbish opinion maybe as good as your rubbish opinion.
Open forum where people post own views.
I agree O'connor is a good option but I never mentioned him ?
I'll informed I'm only a sad old 60 yr old watched played reffed since 13 and you ?
Please state facts I'm not correct on rather than your thoughts v mine as we can both have contrasting thoughts.
Well not really ... your descriptions of Marchant and Devoto were completely inaccurate with no factual basis.

You said Marchant 'can only get a game on the wing for his club and struggled to get a game in NZ'. Two factually inaccurate statements. Marchant is only playing on the wing for Quins at the moment because of injuries and suspensions for other players. He's versatile enough to cover wing so has been moved because we still want him on the pitch. He's very highly rated in NZ and played (and played well) when he was fit.

The Devoto piece is more subjective but was way off. He is nothing like Jamie Roberts. If you watch him play and make that assessment, I can only question your judgement.

I've never reffed and I'm not 60, but I've played and watched since I was 7 years old. I'm not saying my opinion is more qualified than yours. The critical point here is that I can make the distinction between a fact and an opinion.

Both good players but IMHO one dimensional of course your right to think otherwise, as we all see things differently.
Is Devoto one dimensional?
He's a decent distributor while also offering a carrying threat, I'd say he's pretty well rounded tbh

No. He is not 'one dimensional'.

His skillset is good and varied. The question for me is whether it's good enough at test level.

I'd be willing to put it to the test though. Although, I'm not entirely sure that USA and Canada quite qualify in that regard ...

Well as a falcon...that hurt. Not sure what you can learn from a humping like that.

Dean has chosen to rest his first team and have a real go for Worcester and Quins (not sure quins away is an easy game!!) next few weeks. I hope it comes off...as if we lose it'll not look good...

Should point out that Odogwu did pull up with a slight hamstring/calf ****le but nothing too bad.

Thought we were extremely unlucky in some of the decisions that went against us at the weekend. Biggar should have been binned and try where Ribbans knocked lineout on should be disallowed AND that high tackle from Ribbans on Atkinson.

I'm really not sure what your supposed to do when the TMO just seems to ignore key decisions in the game.... take the tackle from Ribbans on Atkinson, i am not screaming for a yellow/red but a seatbelt tackle over the shoulder is a penalty... end of.

The Biggar forearm to Umaga, Hardie got a yellow against Exeter for the exact same reason.... how can there be a difference.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Irish vs Wasps cancelled,
Presumably Gloucester got it from sharing facilities with Hartpury last week so Irish will need to isolate

Wouldn't be surprised to see Irish vs Wasps cancelled,
Presumably Gloucester got it from sharing facilities with Hartpury last week so Irish will need to isolate
Would that in Wasps attaining 4/5 points then? If so it's a big bonus for us and push for top 8.

Bath getting 5 is the issue for us. Means that with the rest of the games and my view Leicester will struggle to get points from Brizzle after their loss.

it would be Leicester 48pts, Bath 48pts, Wasps 47pts, Irish 46pts which creates an interesting conundrum for the last day.

Wasps vs Leicester is massive then as Irish have a big task against Bristol unless they rest players.

I was under the impression his long term aim is for Aus not England
I'd be surprised if that was the case - his brother headed back to Aus but he's tied up for us for a good while so it would be odd to be eyeing them whilst being out of mind iygm.

Could just be a very long term plan tho

I'd be surprised if that was the case - his brother headed back to Aus but he's tied up for us for a good while so it would be odd to be eyeing them whilst being out of mind iygm.

Could just be a very long term plan tho

Well from what I heard he's studying Economics at L.S.E which would take a while and wants to build some financial connections in London.
But everything else has suggested he considers himself more Italian/Aus.

I know his dad wants him to play for Australia

Latest posts