• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 20

Great hit by O Flaherty! Not going to bad for chiefs so far :)

Right now predictions on Sam Simmonds record at the end of the season? Currently 20.

Also do the play offs count? Or is it regular season tries?

I like both, but I'd have said the opposite. Hassell-Collins reminds me of a young Jonny May. Quick and elusive but more instinctive whereas Loader has pace, power and a bit more of a rugby brain.

I'd like to see both + Sleightholme play for England over the summer.
Are you sure you're not mixing the two up?
Everything you've said is the exact opposite of how I see it haha
Loader looks way more green than OHC

It's ridiculous how often Simmonds crosses the whitewash
Would like to see the stats on how tries are shared between the whole pack for Exeter vs other sides
Is Exeter's gameplan for the other 7 forwards to work solely to get Simmonds in a position to score?

Are you sure you're not mixing the two up?
Everything you've said is the exact opposite of how I see it haha
Loader looks way more green than OHC
No. I'm definitely not mixing them up.

As I say, I like both, but I'm struggling to see it how you are. Loader's positioning and defensive skillset is far superior to OHC IMO.

Would like to see the stats on how tries are shared between the whole pack for Exeter vs other sides
Is Exeter's gameplan for the other 7 forwards to work solely to get Simmonds in a position to score?
You get Ewers, Vermeulen, Kirsten and LCD running hard and physical carries route 1, leaves Simmonds to add the pace in bursts,

But tbh you get the other players with the same latchers 5m out in the same set up not scoring yet simmonds does so much more than the rest. He has alot of talent.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then, ha
I'd have them both in the EPS for the summer, tbf, so nothing lost either way

Maybe not quite, but there's definitely a big element of that.

One of the articles I posted last week more or less says that's what they're doing.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then, ha
I'd have them both in the EPS for the summer, tbf, so nothing lost either way
So would I. I thought I already said as much?

What are the rules re: offside on a 5m tap?
LCD took that tap so quick there were chiefs players in front of him who then joined the ruck - I would've thought you can't be played onside in that position and you'd need to retreat to the 5m before getting involved

So would I. I thought I already said as much?
I don't understand why you're trying to pick an argument when we're agreeing?
I'm saying I'd take them both, even if I rate OHC more.
Nothing else

Jonny Hill defied that by scoring 10 himself last season. Probably why he's only on the bench today.

What are the rules re: offside on a 5m tap?
LCD took that tap so quick there were chiefs players in front of him who then joined the ruck - I would've thought you can't be played onside in that position and you'd need to retreat to the 5m before getting involved
Why would being played onside not apply in this specific situation?

Why would being played onside not apply in this specific situation?
I'm not sure tbh, just feels a bit jammy
I wondered whether it was like when an up and under doesn't go very far and players in the vicinity can't be played onside and have to get 10m away from where it lands before they're allowed to be involved in the play

It obviously wasn't the case, because it was a legitimate very quickly taken quick tap, but you could hypothetically have lazy runners who are available to immediately clear out of receive a pop pass despite not having to get back like everyone else does

Defenders can't be played onside on a quicktap and have to get back regardless

They had a bit of a wobble mid-season (by their standards, anyway) but Chiefs really are peaking at the right time,

Struggle to see anything other than them lifting the trophy in a few weeks, they're so clinical

Feel like Joe Simmonds needs to improve his kicking stats to really be challenging for an England starting spot.

Devoto,, O Flaherty and Ewers all giving EJ a prod
O Flaherty is a decent tackler and has alot of pace and is class at staying on his feet for and extra few meters in the tackle but...i dont see him being and England player for quite a while not sure what he needs to improve upon but there are quite a few ahead of him i think.

They had a bit of a wobble mid-season (by their standards, anyway) but Chiefs really are peaking at the right time,

Struggle to see anything other than them lifting the trophy in a few weeks, they're so clinical
Not fancying sale to do it whilst down to 13 :)

Hope Devoto is there this summer,
If EJ wants a playmaking 12 he's definitely the best option available

Not fancying sale to do it whilst down to 13 :)
I don't think so,
I think we're the best set to defend against their power play, but they're so relentless on the goal line they will eventually get over, and I don't think our attack is where it needs to be to respond. Also our set piece can be shaky

I think Quins are the best bet: strongest set pieces and really good attack, but not sure their defensive structures are necessarily where they need to be atm (I might be getting influenced by the free for all vs Bath yesterday though)

Last edited:

Latest posts