• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sh Rugby Challenge

M

Mr. Laxative

I have promised no more crazy ideas, but I couldn't resist.
RC06 is NH biased in terms of teams so maybe it would be possible for Swordfish to make an SH biased game, to be released as the next game in the series in SH. An NH game should be released in the NH aswell. SH this should probably have NPC, APC and Currie Cup with all the normal features. Unfortunately, licensing might be a problem as Swordfish are based in the UK. What do you think?
Ian and Trev - possibilities.

Even better would be a full IRB licence meaning all comps and teams released on one game!

Youve done it again Jacko!! Im sure theyll include SH licencing as the game gets bigger over the years, must be too expensive at the mo. They surely wont do it just for the fun of it. I live in the southern hemisphere and would rather the game itself be awsome than it have official licensing.

True, but if they could cut out the NH licensing and replace it with SH licensing then surely it would be more appealing to those in the SH? Keep the gameplay and features the same but have the SH tournaments and maybe the Heinekein Cup in NH, but that's it.

Good idea Jacko, you loon.
<

Why dont you ask them to make a game thats Jacko biased, they can cut all licensing and just stick in all your crazy ideas!

the sad fact remains that the uk is the fourth largest gaming market in the world, and as trev said swordfish are and english company and nh licenses was always the main priority, as the series continues to grow i am sure that sh licensing will be added.

Originally posted by Jacko@Sep 30 2005, 06:28 PM
True, but if they could cut out the NH licensing and replace it with SH licensing then surely it would be more appealing to those in the SH? Keep the gameplay and features the same but have the SH tournaments and maybe the Heinekein Cup in NH, but that's it.
The thing is, EA have probably bought out exclusive licences for the southern hemisphere. Which is a shame. I think it's obviously best to get all of the licences when they come available, rather than seperate the two. So as soon as the Southern Hemisphere licences becomes available (providing they can afford it) I'm sure that Swordfish/publisher would pounce on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
True, but if they could cut out the NH licensing and replace it with SH licensing then surely it would be more appealing to those in the SH? Keep the gameplay and features the same but have the SH tournaments and maybe the Heinekein Cup in NH, but that's it.[/b]

thats rediculous you cant cut us out in the north.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 06:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

thats rediculous you cant cut us out in the north. [/b][/quote]
Yes, adding that it will NEVER happen. Because Swordfish are based up there, theres a bigger market, and they have to do whatever they can to get as many sales as they can.

Well the NH could be cut out of a game to be sold in the 'SH' only. The game released in NH should have proper NH licensing and could get by without SH licensing.

Originally posted by Jacko@Sep 30 2005, 06:48 PM
Well the NH could be cut out of a game to be sold in the 'SH' only. The game released in NH should have proper NH licensing and could get by without SH licensing.
Maybe some people want to play NH AND SH tournaments.

Yes, sure. They have a S14 in this game so they could have say the 2 most popular tournaments in Europe (for gamers) in the SH game. And keep S14 in NH game.

Originally posted by Jacko@Sep 30 2005, 07:08 PM
Yes, sure. They have a S14 in this game so they could have say the 2 most popular tournaments in Europe (for gamers) in the SH game. And keep S14 in NH game.
Or, they could have everything in both games. What's the point of getting rid of some modes, and wasting both time, AND money?

If they splash out and manage to get licenses (or create psuedo-) Northern Hemisphere comps, and Super 12, Currie Cup etc. sometime in the future, what exactly, would be the point in only offering 3/4's of it to each hemisphere? It is a lot more affordable, and a lot less time consuming to just release one game, with everything available...That also gives people the choice. Eg. there may be a Kiwi on his oe, or just living up in England, that wants to see his Southlanders win the NPC or something.

There really is no point in giving gamers less options than they can, especially if it is easier to just five it to them.

Look at the last 2-3 rugby games, NH licensing was not there apart from London wasps (dont get me started) and the international teams, now that we get a taste of the action you have to ***** about it.

I'm afraid licensing is the domain of our publishers rather than us poor developers - although I think Mario gets involved in some of the league licensing. Union licenses, particularly internationals cost significant investment (often more than we are paid to make the game), so the publisher thinks very carefully about the territories they will invest in.

I do think our publisher wanted to have more SH content but it was much more difficult to secure licenses there.

Yep, sure.... because EA already have licences there. I doubt you'll ever get NZ as they have a full licece with EA!

*waves wond*
reedikulass
*jacko turns into a wee little rabbit*

hihi hihi
<
<
<
<
<
<

ok i'll stop

Latest posts