• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

shakes 2 months before the season start.

J

janispodins

my season starts in April with the u 18 european championship in Italy
I'm working hard in the gym at the moment but I want to get better results before the season start.
Can anyone suggest some shakes that are good before the season.

Don't really think there's a specific type of shake to have preseason, unless you're looking to bulk up, then a weight gainer is what you need,
In general though, Whey protein, and creatine, are what most people would use (i use them myself, all year round) Creatine will help with your advancement in the gym, giving you a little extra energy to work a bit harder.
Doesn't really matter which brands or anything, as long as there's decent amounts of protein per scoop (think 28g per scoop is about average)
A safe bet would be Maximuscle products, such as Cyclone, though they can be pricey

Personally i use a site called MyProtein.co.uk, and just buy the unflavoured stuff in bulk as it's dirt cheap, then just add nesquick milkshake powder
They do ship outside the UK as well, so could be worth a look (even with the extra shipping it'd still be cheaper than Maximuscle products, which are highly overpriced imo)
Use the code MP62440 to get 5% of your first order.

Any other questions, i'll be happy to answer

Latest posts