• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shame of Rugby

A

alexrugby

Shame of rugby is called the brawl in Romanian rugby that took place recently in match from the players of Dinamo Bucharest

Local media reported that several Dinamo players became involved in a scuffle coming out of a scrum which quickly escalated into fists and feet flying in all directions and players attacking their rivals from behind.

Three of Constanta’s Georgian players were among those hurt, according to coach Virgil Tudose. They were also reported to be at the centre of the fray.

The Romanian Rugby federation said it "condemned the players for conduct devoid of fair-play".

Dinamo president Elisabeta Lipa said the club coaches would be dismissed "if it emerges they incited the violence".

Shame of Rugby Video

I don't know which team is which but the guys in Red seemed like the culprits and a bunch of scumbags. More than once they seemed to gang up on one of the white team in groups.

And if the coaches had anything to do with i, I'd happily see them banned from the sport.

That has "99 call" or pre planned assault written all over it (from the team in red of course).

When an entire team moved in such a coordinated fashion it has to be planned. Ban the lot of em or disband the club.

:excl: :%#%#: :box: :redcard: :redcard: :injured: :inv3ox: :cryy:

That is what rugby is not about,very bad publicity to the game,anyway,Toulouse should sue them for copyrights. :moon5zx:

The first results from the Disciplinary commission:

Dinamo (Red):
6 Players banned for 7 weeks
1 Player banned for 10 weeks
2 matches without homerights

Farul (White):
1 Player banned for 7 weeks
1 Player banned for 10 weeks

Additional there were fines for players and officials from both teams.

Official match result: 5 : 0 for Dinamo

Whats with all the guys in white standing around watching their team mates get hammered?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tomsey @ Apr 14 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow that escalated fast. I mean that really got out of hand...[/b]

Anchorman quote?

The red team are a bunch of thugs. Though that is probably the most serious professional rugby fight I have ever seen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Apr 14 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whats with all the guys in white standing around watching their team mates get hammered?[/b]

They stood because they are (main bulk of course) Romanians too

Everything has deep roots in match here in Tbilisi where Romans despite their high pitched bouts lost match 28:23 and they would lose it with bigger gap if not Yellow cards got by Georgian players in last minutes

And during that match one of their rugby players was beaten because of his aggressive behavior during maul

And that match where reds are "revenge angels" (dinamo Bucharest) even coach was spotted to encourage players against Georgians :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Number 9 is Bidzina Samkharadze ;)

I think i just saw this on the news.

They were going at it hardout! it was like a couple gangs going at it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Apr 14 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think i just saw this on the news.

They were going at it hardout! it was like a couple gangs going at it[/b]

Yes bro... these guys were programmed against Georgians

Irakli Natriashvili has hand fracture

Kakhaber Uchava multiple fractures of Jaw bone

I also watched comments of players wherein they admitted they have no doubt this was revenge against Georgians

Actually Dinamo Bucharest is well famous due to its dirty rugby play <_< <_< <_< <_<

This cant be just revenge for a few defeats though. I'm struggling to understand though. Were these two Romanian teams playing? And the guy in red just targetted the Georgian players in the opposition pack?

What was the real reason behind it? What did the Georgians do to deserve such a beating?

Rugby has always been a violent game, but the concept of brotherhood etc has ALWAYS applied. Once a game is over its over, unless there have been some dirty going's on in previous games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 14 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This cant be just revenge for a few defeats though. I'm struggling to understand though. Were these two Romanian teams playing? And the guy in red just targetted the Georgian players in the opposition pack?

What was the real reason behind it? What did the Georgians do to deserve such a beating?

Rugby has always been a violent game, but the concept of brotherhood etc has ALWAYS applied. Once a game is over its over, unless there have been some dirty going's on in previous games.[/b]

Even other members of the white jersey team (Farul if spelling is right) say this was directed fight against Georgians

You know Rugby is really though game but crashing third half rules is deadly reason to underrate whole team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Apr 15 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another bad incident in my opinion was Australlia's Michael Brial on Frank Bunce for no apparent reason. This was not directed at Australlian's just a bad incident in my opinion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHRmmDkdBw[/b]

This was very bad because the ref and touch judges watched it and did nothing, no send off, nothing. I was watching that match live on tv and no-one could believe it. Frank Bunce is a mean boxer and could have laid the guy out but kept cool, probably to get the man advantage......and then nothing.

Bunce led with an elbow which you can clearly see, and in hindsight thats what set it off, but to not send Brial off for that was wrong.

Latest posts