Sharks vs Blue Bulls, Semi-Final 1, Sat 16 Oct, 14:30 CAT

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Teams:

Sharks: 15. Louis Ludik, 14. JP Pietersen, 13. Stefan Terblanche (captain), 12. Andries Strauss, 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Patrick Lambie, 9. Charl McLeod, 8. Ryan Kankowski, 7. Willem Alberts, 6. Keegan Daniel, 5. Alistair Hargreaves, 4. Steven Sykes, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1.Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements: 16. Craig Burden, 17. Eugene van Staden, 18. Anton Bresler, 19. Jacques Botes, 20. Rory Kockott, 21. Andre Pretorius, 22. Odwa Ndungane

Blue Bulls: 15. Zane Kirchner, 14. Gerhard van den Heever, 13. Jaco Pretorius, 12. Wynand Olivier, 11. Jaco van der Westhuyzen, 10. Morne Steyn, 9. Francois Hougaard, 8. Danie Rossouw, 7. Dewald Potgieter, 6. Derick Kuun, 5. Victor Matfield (captain), 4. Bakkies Botha, 3. Werner Kruger, 2. Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1. Dean Greyling

Replacements: 16. Bandise Maku, 17. Rossouw de Klerk, 18. Flip van der Merwe, 19. Pierre Spies, 20. Ruan Snyman, 21. Jacques-Louis Potgieter, 22. Deon Stegmann
Source

Referee: Marius Jonker
Assistant referees: Jonathan Kaplan, Phillip Bosch
Television match official: Johann Meuwesen
Source

Very tough match to call, but I think the Sharks will use the home ground to their advantage and pull off a victory.
My prediction: Sharks 23 - 17 Bulls

Last edited:
I can see the Sharks pulling a shocker here, don't really want to go to the game, as I can't stand the Bulls supporters gloating. They look subhuman when they do

However, while the commentators had multiple orgasms in the Griquas vs. Bulls, I didn't think the Bulls were actually that good, mainly as they looked a wee bit rusty. Hopefully they still are

I also don't think the Bulls were that hot against the Griquas, when you consider how poor they have been throughout the second half of the currie cup, they should have ripped them to shreds.
I still have the feeling that the Bulls might pull this one out from under the Sharks, they have a tendency to spoil it for the men from Natal, and on Kings park as well.

If Fourie du Preez were there I wouldn't think twice about picking the Bulls for a win, even away from home. As it stands, though, I'm backing the Natal (Freetate/Transvaal) boys to win by the narrowest of margains. No, wait, Lambie gonna miss 3 kicks at goal; Bulls by 4.

Sharks squad has been announced, I presume Intercept will post it, so I will just run through the changes

McLeod in- Kockett oot
Lambie at flyhalf, Ludik in-Pretorius out
Pietersen in- Ndungane out
Daniel in-Botes out
Alberts in- Rhodes out
Sykes in- Moster out (of 22, Anton Bresler on bench)
Jacobs out of 22, his bench place taken by Odwa

Thats about it

With JP and Alberts fit, I am feeling more comfortable

I am very very nervous about this match. Although I am confident about the Sharks putting up a good performance, playing the Bulls is always reason to we a little afraid of an upset. I wish we had Pienaar for the goalkicking. Lambie can seriously cost us against the Bulls. I am crazy about the guy at a centre-position but as fly-half of full-back he lacks resp. kicking qualitiy and running ability.

It would be great if Terblanche can lift the trophy as a captain. Good to see McLeod in for Kockott. Rory really made a mess of last weekend's game and McLeod has been amazing this Currie Cup. I think the biggest worry for us will be the line-outs.

Definitely getting up early to watch this one.
Sharks certainly can win, but I agree with Ezequiel on goalkicking- especially with Morne's boot right now.

Getting up early?

The game will be shown round-about 2 pm in the UK, no?

Getting a bit nervous now. I am completely ready for the game though! Sixpack of Castle, big bag of Biltong!

The grounds have been packed with cars since 12:30

The sun is shining bright, with some clouds but none are blocking the sun of late
Some wind earlier on, which has now died down. All in all a good day for rugby in Durbs

Mmmmmm, somone just pointed out.a heap of black clouds behind the stadium, but as long as the wind stays at an
Inward diretion, they should stay away, certainly for 2-3 hours at leAst

Pffff. The match has been delayed because of a bee-problem! A swarm of bees are making some players uncomfortable haha. London Wasps want to compete in the Currie Cup? ;)

Never thought the disappearing bees were at Kings Park stadium the whole time.

Three minutes to kick off is the latest.

Right, so they have now put potted plants along the touchline, so the bees can settle elsewhere.

Lambie already missed his first penalty kick. Luckily 7-0 after a 2nd minute try by Keegan Daniel but Lambie is a terrible kicker

Sorry for not being around during the second half but I was to busy keeping myself from throwing myself in front of a bus. Those last 10 minutes were horrible. We won: 16-12!!!

Final next week!!! I wish we could have scored a second try to keep some distance and have a quiet second half but man o man. My blood is still boiling! Keegan Daniel! HERO!!!

Latest posts