• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Short fullbacks

Some of the best Fullbacks in World Rugby are shortish guys.

to name a few:

Jason Robinson
Brent Russel
Leigh Halfpenny
Gio Aplon
Andre Taylor

Shorter Fullbacks tend to blend in nicely behind bigger backs and then come out of nowhere and surprize the opposition

good idea, i might try that on the weekend... hiding behind one of our big centers :)

Sorry for thread revival but romain teulet who use to play for castres is 5"4

Brice Dulin, one of the world's very best and listed at 1m78 but I'm sure he's closer to 1m76, looks pretty small on the pitch (taking into account lots of guys are tall). He's got that low, low center of gravity that allows him to run past everyone and is almost 100% certain of breaking the first tackle each time. Not a huge stepper, but a crazy elusive runner, and his size helps him tremendously at that.

Treviso had 1. I forget his name but he looked barely 5foot. Forget his name but it wasn't Italian name.

The South African coach will tell you to stay away from rugby all together... i say, do it and even give flyhalf and inside centre a try, maybe wing aswell, you have a good kicking ability so id say fullback and flyhalf, then maybe look at 2nd five-eight asewell

Treviso had 1. I forget his name but he looked barely 5foot. Forget his name but it wasn't Italian name.

:lol: 5foot....4foot, why dontcha ! I think the name you're looking for is *Mighty Mouse btw.
Imagine a midget fullback who's got hops like a kangaroo who snaps every ball out of the air and counters with the most insane low center of gravity and pace, tiny steps with crazy rate (toodootoodootoodootoodoo) and beats 25 defenders per game.

:lol: 5foot....4foot, why dontcha ! I think the name you're looking for is *Mighty Mouse btw.
Imagine a midget fullback who's got hops like a kangaroo who snaps every ball out of the air and counters with the most insane low center of gravity and pace, tiny steps with crazy rate (toodootoodootoodootoodoo) and beats 25 defenders per game.

Ha you mightn't be far off

very short fullbacks I hold should be called balfuccks. Or Flubbacks. It's catchy, and interesting.

Latest posts