• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should I join this new team...?

I was in the same boat as you pal, I have been 6'2 since I was about 14 or so and I played under 18's from about 15 onwards when I could have played under 16's. If anything I learned more about how to deal with getting isolated in mid-field and how to play my position better.
Also we trained with the first and second XV so you got a lot of stuff from them too.
I firmly recommend playing at a higher level if you think you have the core skills to thrive in that environment.
It did nothing but good for me.

There is a U19 team right near me, and I thought that maybe I should join. I'm 13 though, and the ages to play are 13-18. My plan is to play some youth, college, and then join a team in the AMNRL. Do you think I should join this team, or is it too risky and dangerous to play with 18 year olds?

Thanks for any input.
[/b]
You will play against people your own age, not 18 year olds. For a start it will be illegal.

<div class='quotemain'>
There is a U19 team right near me, and I thought that maybe I should join. I'm 13 though, and the ages to play are 13-18. My plan is to play some youth, college, and then join a team in the AMNRL. Do you think I should join this team, or is it too risky and dangerous to play with 18 year olds?

Thanks for any input.
[/b]
You will play against people your own age, not 18 year olds. For a start it will be illegal.
[/b][/quote]

No, no, you don't understand...

I live in the USA where rugby isn't very popular. The closest U15 team is nearly 2 hours away, and I don't live in the middle of nowhere either.

Thanks for the advice dundeesmiffy.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

Thanks for any input.
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

No, no, you don't understand...

I live in the USA where rugby isn't very popular. The closest U15 team is nearly 2 hours away, and I don't live in the middle of nowhere either.

Thanks for the advice dundeesmiffy. [/b][/quote]

Play for them, from personal experience i played with the u19 team when i was 15, they take it a lot easier on the younger guys i.e. they wont go out of their way to absolutely drill the **** out of you (unless theyre dicks) but usually the coaches even love that **** because by the time your 15 you will probably be their best player and have 3 more years left. The older guys are usually pretty cool to and depending on the team you play for you could see a decent amount of playing time for the 3rd or 2nd team! I say deffinately go for it!

UPDATE

I decided to join the team in the middle of the season. My first game is next weekend up in New Hampshire, like 4 hours away. There is only 17 or 18 kids, so I should get some awesome playing time.

Latest posts