Side view? Full Match? AI Tries? YOU GOT IT

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by locksley, Feb 16, 2005.

1. locksley

locksley Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. jgough

jgough Guest

Aww Locks, ya legend!

[​IMG]

Jamie Gough

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Nicely done sir! [​IMG]

5. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Damn....got no decent computer or internet access [​IMG]

Locks....with your R2005 funding grant thingy [​IMG] can you fly here to NZ and give me a CD? In DVD format? Thanks [​IMG]

6. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Guest

downloadin it now... cheers locks

immense

7. woodie

woodie Guest

safe as houses

8. viperun

viperun Guest

thanks locks.. since im downloading right now, did you make substitute changes?

9. Badboy

Badboy Guest

You're a great locksley.We all owe u something... [​IMG]

10. woodie

woodie Guest

Some things I noticed in this video(S)
    -Lineouts - poor animations, players catch the ball one handed as if there was superglue involved - and the throwing animation is cack
    -Kicking, ball looks like it either comes off the shin or goes through the foot before moving
    -Slow running - and players take the ball standing still - therefore I reckon the set piece moves (esp. try #2) look pretty poor.

But there's a load of good stuff too.

Is this the finished version?

11. Boltman

Boltman Guest

Many thanks Locks, downloading it as I type! [​IMG]

12. viperun

viperun Guest

Noticed something about the 2nd half vid - between 4:00 to 4:30

- tho i think that the runner was in front of the kicker
    - also there was a susceptible forward pass

can anyone confirm this cos' i thought that play was rigged

13. Los Lover

Los Lover Guest

WOW!!! Ask and ye shall receive!!

Locksley, legend is not a strong enought term to describe your efforts....

How do we organise a knighthood?

Wahooooooooooooo!!! downloading now....hope I haven't jinxed it working - my computer is so ****...

Thankx again Locksley. [​IMG]

14. locksley

locksley Guest

You're right and side view shows these things up more!

This view is terribly unplayable IMO! Classic 2 for me all the way!

15. Locks,

Very, very kind mate. Tremedous job. Thank you.

16. sean43

sean43 Guest

Locksley, is this the full version? Where do you get these vids from, do you actually have the game? As I am downloading, is the crowd any good?

17. lemon

lemon Guest

Hmmm.. the commentary actually annoyed me a lot less than I thought. Not much Mexted = good.

There looked to be little skips and jerks here and there in the animation on occasion and on replays - in the game or just my media player?

The backline move at 6:00 of the seconf half (file) was MINT.

18. Jaysus! The bounce of the ball after some of the Sharks kicks into space is shocking! Talking right angles into touch!

I think the animations look fine, was laughing that the guy dove for the line and came up short, and then Coetzee jumps on the ball for the try? That was a bit . . . odd.

Don't know if I like this camera angle. Still on the fence til I play it myself.

One other thing that bugged me was that the Sharks were winning when time had expired and they didn't just hoof it into touch to end the game (hell, the ball definitely would have got there with the way it bounces towards the touchline). Now, I admire their tactics of 'turning the screw' as it were and humiliating the opposition, but I sincerely hope that changes in a very close match.

All in all, still very pleased with what I see.

19. Yup & Yup, though the forward pass could very well be an 'animation glitch' where he had passed it on legally, but the animation was delayed in catching up.

Yeah . . . that's it . . .

And that passage leads to the weird try. After he (looks like the winger) dives, no one goes to ruck -- assuming he's scored -- then, all of a sudden, Coetzee jumps on the ball (which slipped out forward) and gets credited for the try.

20. viperun

viperun Guest

how does broadcast view look like??? is it kinda like fifa?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!