• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Side view? Full Match? AI Tries? YOU GOT IT

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 17 2005, 01:13 PM
But there's a load of good stuff too.
<
Woodie said something positive about Rugby 2005!

Thanks for the video locksley, downloading it now.

First time posting so go easy. I have played all the ea rugby games (still have my rwc 95 for the genesis) but based on the vids i would play the classic view. btw, i traded in 2001 for 2004. worst trade ever.

Heh, yeh, should have kept 2001 - not that that was anything to right home about.

I think broadcast is my fav camera angle.

I did okay kicking and drop goaling in JLR & WCR in those sideviews.

Cheers,

Jamie Gough

<< did okay kicking and drop goaling in JLR & WCR in those sideviews.>>

Yeah! I agree....

and I guess I'll have to apply my frustration with analogue only to the situation of learning all the angles and feel for side kicking...I would never play any angle other than side or a variation on side (slightly angled etc....)

Also I have to say this...With all respect, apart from grubbers which I have seen nothing of (I smell a rat!), the only "bad kicking" I have seen in the game is just that...poor kicking.

Spencer really hurt the Chiefs with his kicking!! Hehehehee! lol!!!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 17 2005, 01:25 PM
Jaysus! The bounce of the ball after some of the Sharks kicks into space is shocking! Talking right angles into touch!

I think the animations look fine, was laughing that the guy dove for the line and came up short, and then Coetzee jumps on the ball for the try? That was a bit . . . odd.

Don't know if I like this camera angle. Still on the fence til I play it myself.

One other thing that bugged me was that the Sharks were winning when time had expired and they didn't just hoof it into touch to end the game (hell, the ball definitely would have got there with the way it bounces towards the touchline). Now, I admire their tactics of 'turning the screw' as it were and humiliating the opposition, but I sincerely hope that changes in a very close match.

All in all, still very pleased with what I see.
Perhaps the computer controlled super 12 teams have the "go for the fourth try, get a bonus point" AI built into their makeup - regardless whether its a one off game or not???

Thanx a million locks --- I owe you bigggg time when r2006 comes with online play i will let you win a few times
<

Big up for THA MASTER

I don't know about you guys but I thought that the AI in the video was superb

Skip Passes even a dummy pass i mean sheeeesh look at rugby2004 and then watch that video again.

It's like rugby2004 must die in hell and the guy who thought that he can sell that game to the public must die 2.

Anyway shotalot Locks for the video i really liked it .

CHEERS

Yes Wally, the f***en Sharks. 3 times finalists. Go write a f***en letter.

Locks thanks for the SA teams as well. jys die fokken man...

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 17 2005, 12:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 17 2005, 12:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Feb 17 2005, 12:13 PM
Some things I noticed in this video(S)
-Lineouts - poor animations, players catch the ball one handed as if there was superglue involved - and the throwing animation is cack
-Kicking, ball looks like it either comes off the shin or goes through the foot before moving
-Slow running - and players take the ball standing still - therefore I reckon the set piece moves (esp. try #2) look pretty poor.

But there's a load of good stuff too.

Is this the finished version?
You're right and side view shows these things up more!

This view is terribly unplayable IMO! Classic 2 for me all the way! [/b]
Good man thanks Locksley! I completely agree with you about the views - side view doean't look at all playable. I think classic two looks great in the videos I've seen.

(any chance of some more classic two full match videos with tries?) Sorry bit cheeky but had to ask, just love watching the videos!!

Cheers

Any one noticed but I have been looking at the Bulls Jersey and I think they have got it wrong. I could be mistaken but there is no White and red stripe in the dark blue on the upper part of the jersey. But all those things aside I am more than happy with what I have seen yeah there are some issues but dam!! I had really low expectations for this game so I am more than happy.

Looking at the video again I think its scary how good the AI is. They scored three times the first three times they secured the ball, played the territory game perfectly using the boot, mixed it up with grubber kicks and up and unders, used their forwards effectively with driving mauls (great No 8 try in the first few minutes!) and kept a very tight defence. And they did all this with precious little possession. wow!

Now, I'm guessing the mis match was party due to the difficulty of playing side view, as Locksley obviously prefers classic 2.

think those are the new bulls jerseys, aren't they? as opposed to these old ones?
396_Bulls_Home.jpg

footage looks good, altohugh it looked like the bulls had steve thompson playing hooker, judging by the amount of lineout ball they lost.

Originally posted by robbinho@Feb 17 2005, 11:24 PM
altohugh it looked like the bulls had steve thompson playing hooker, judging by the amount of lineout ball they lost.
No must have been Gary Botha THE BEST hooker in South Africa or Danie Coetzee THE SECOND BEST hooker in South Africa.

Originally posted by Griff@Feb 18 2005, 12:53 AM
Noticed the file type was .rar what will I need to run the download?
You need a zip program called WINrar - you can down load this from the Internet. Just type WINrar in google

Latest posts