<

Jamie Gough

Damn....got no decent computer or internet access
<

Locks....with your R2005 funding grant thingy
<
can you fly here to NZ and give me a CD? In DVD format? Thanks
<

thanks locks.. since im downloading right now, did you make substitute changes?

Some things I noticed in this video(S)
-Lineouts - poor animations, players catch the ball one handed as if there was superglue involved - and the throwing animation is cack
-Kicking, ball looks like it either comes off the shin or goes through the foot before moving
-Slow running - and players take the ball standing still - therefore I reckon the set piece moves (esp. try #2) look pretty poor.

But there's a load of good stuff too.

Is this the finished version?

Noticed something about the 2nd half vid - between 4:00 to 4:30

- tho i think that the runner was in front of the kicker
- also there was a susceptible forward pass

can anyone confirm this cos' i thought that play was rigged

WOW!!! Ask and ye shall receive!!

Locksley, legend is not a strong enought term to describe your efforts....

How do we organise a knighthood?

Wahooooooooooooo!!! downloading now....hope I haven't jinxed it working - my computer is so ****...

Thankx again Locksley.
<

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 17 2005, 12:13 PM
Some things I noticed in this video(S)
-Lineouts - poor animations, players catch the ball one handed as if there was superglue involved - and the throwing animation is cack
-Kicking, ball looks like it either comes off the shin or goes through the foot before moving
-Slow running - and players take the ball standing still - therefore I reckon the set piece moves (esp. try #2) look pretty poor.

But there's a load of good stuff too.

Is this the finished version?
You're right and side view shows these things up more!

This view is terribly unplayable IMO! Classic 2 for me all the way!

Locksley, is this the full version? Where do you get these vids from, do you actually have the game? As I am downloading, is the crowd any good?

Hmmm.. the commentary actually annoyed me a lot less than I thought. Not much Mexted = good.

There looked to be little skips and jerks here and there in the animation on occasion and on replays - in the game or just my media player?

The backline move at 6:00 of the seconf half (file) was MINT.

Jaysus! The bounce of the ball after some of the Sharks kicks into space is shocking! Talking right angles into touch!

I think the animations look fine, was laughing that the guy dove for the line and came up short, and then Coetzee jumps on the ball for the try? That was a bit . . . odd.

Don't know if I like this camera angle. Still on the fence til I play it myself.

One other thing that bugged me was that the Sharks were winning when time had expired and they didn't just hoof it into touch to end the game (hell, the ball definitely would have got there with the way it bounces towards the touchline). Now, I admire their tactics of 'turning the screw' as it were and humiliating the opposition, but I sincerely hope that changes in a very close match.

All in all, still very pleased with what I see.

Originally posted by viperun@Feb 17 2005, 12:19 PM
Noticed something about the 2nd half vid - between 4:00 to 4:30

- tho i think that the runner was in front of the kicker
- also there was a susceptible forward pass

can anyone confirm this cos' i thought that play was rigged
Yup & Yup, though the forward pass could very well be an 'animation glitch' where he had passed it on legally, but the animation was delayed in catching up.

Yeah . . . that's it . . .

And that passage leads to the weird try. After he (looks like the winger) dives, no one goes to ruck -- assuming he's scored -- then, all of a sudden, Coetzee jumps on the ball (which slipped out forward) and gets credited for the try.

Latest posts