• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

yer i think the pace issue is due to the fact i've been playing JLR a lot lately, that can get hectic :p Had a second/third look and its all seems good :D

On the Scarlets note, i know they've played some good stuff, was just trying to get a reaction out of someone :D :D haha

Haha I know man :p

Re watched the video, gotta say some of the passing is sublime. There's som epic reverse passes, my favourite is def the switch for a try, epic that we can do that :D

this is amazing
anyone that doesnt think this is the greatest looking and flowing video game of rugby is lying to themselves
even the side cam look amazing and finally i see a bit of complexity with "alot of things happening at once" - which is a good thing
god dam - i'm getting both games, but i cant have 1 month of annual leave
which game to i take holidays for?
ferk what an epic predicament i find myself in

Looks fantastic it must be said. Much better than the leaked video. Connacht getting some limelight too :D

Looks mean as, can't wait to jam online. Hopefully sidhe considers the RC game an annual event if it does well. Imagine what it would be like after two or three ***les.

The mighty Connacht in video game form! happy days...

Really like what I see, the "pop-iness" of the passing from the leaked vid seems to have been improved/eradicated and looks considerably smoother - side cam looks very good, with enough of an angle to see the necessary gaps between players in a defensive line whilst also retaining the detail & quality in the graphics.

Not sure if I am going to be able to get used to the slo-mo effect of kicking during play (can this be turned off? what about when playing local or online multiplayer, does slo-mo still happen there too?)

Some of the tackling looks excellent, dummy passes look superb and just generally the overall polish and sheen of the ***le really stands out. In terms of the look and atmosphere during a match, RC does stand up to current versions of FIFA (what we all seem to agree is the benchmark).

The game pace did seem a little slow and perhaps juttery at times (but still improved over the leaked vid's) but I'm not willing to make a judgement call on that until I have a controller in hand and I can feel the pace myself in tandem with the controls I'm inputting.

The only thing left for me to hope for now is that the depth in customisation hits my expectations and allows the realistic creation teams and their kits not featured in the game (I'm talking English Championship, Currie Cup etc, not unlicensed teams).

Kudos to Sidhe so far!

Nice to see the game's realistic! Scarlets 24 Connacht 5:p

The mighty Connacht in video game form! happy days...

Really like what I see, the "pop-iness" of the passing from the leaked vid seems to have been improved/eradicated and looks considerably smoother - side cam looks very good, with enough of an angle to see the necessary gaps between players in a defensive line whilst also retaining the detail & quality in the graphics.

Not sure if I am going to be able to get used to the slo-mo effect of kicking during play (can this be turned off? what about when playing local or online multiplayer, does slo-mo still happen there too?)

Some of the tackling looks excellent, dummy passes look superb and just generally the overall polish and sheen of the ***le really stands out. In terms of the look and atmosphere during a match, RC does stand up to current versions of FIFA (what we all seem to agree is the benchmark).

The game pace did seem a little slow and perhaps juttery at times (but still improved over the leaked vid's) but I'm not willing to make a judgement call on that until I have a controller in hand and I can feel the pace myself in tandem with the controls I'm inputting.

The only thing left for me to hope for now is that the depth in customisation hits my expectations and allows the realistic creation teams and their kits not featured in the game (I'm talking English Championship, Currie Cup etc, not unlicensed teams).

Kudos to Sidhe so far!

I think you can turn the slow-mo kicking off in Rugby League 3, so I'll be suprised if you can't in this. I never did turn off the slow mo kicking though, found it quite useful. You do make an interesting point about multiplayer though, never really played RL3 with any of my mates (and obviously you couldnt go online) so never found out what happens there/

Watch 1:16 to 1:20 great piece of attack from the AI against the user! It makes an attacking play from it's own 22m.

The computer player dummies the user then goes right draws the user in then gives a great short pop up ball to the support player, who then gets tackled by the user player coming across from the left side, but the comp player keeps his feet and is able to give a great cut out pass which is just missed by the users flanker (who's postioning awareness was exposed by not staying wide) to his player unmarked outwide with just the users full back left to beat with a man in support on his right and left.

just watched this for only the second time. mainly because I am at work and have been working.

I must say I am quite impressed with what i have seen, I was watching it and cant get over how cool it looks.

some of the passing looked like the players were stopped when receiving the ball, like the animation stopped to say, hay this guy has the ball, just for a split second. i thought it was just a couple of plays but it looked like it happened almsot every time someone caught the ball.

Other than that it did look great, i loved the place kicking bar, very nice. as well as how the scrums looked. though a couple of times in the ruck formations that the second or third guy in the ruck would join in a funny place, but thats nit picking as it still looked good.

the lineout also looked good, having to get it in the centre to make sure your lineout is straight, nice touch.

i jsut want to get my hands ont eh game to see what it plays like for me as well :)

I think you can turn the slow-mo kicking off in Rugby League 3, so I'll be suprised if you can't in this. I never did turn off the slow mo kicking though, found it quite useful. You do make an interesting point about multiplayer though, never really played RL3 with any of my mates (and obviously you couldnt go online) so never found out what happens there/

Yes you will be able to turn slow mo kicking off in Rugby Challenge.

i find it reminds me of rugby 2000 crossed with rl1. a good combination. the only worry for me is foward play, pick & goes and driving play. looks really good though.

wow i really like the game .. it looks so good. camt wait to get mine. :) go waikato!!!

For me its all the little things, like the players chasing a bomb look up at the ball, tracing its path, that makes me know this is by far gonna be the best rugby game ever, as I have previously stated before!! I remember hearing Mario say in one of the early videos about the fact they have to get this right because they are a NZ company, or something like that. But I truly think they have out done themselves!!!! Thank you SIDHE

Sorry guys just a quick question. I saw some people talk earlier about modifying players and teams to suite. As I have never been good at this and I believe some of you (if not all) knows how, can you please describe the process for downloading the modifyed teams for PS3. Great game and really exited even though I will most probably have to play with other teams than my first choices.

I am very excited for the game now, there will be flaws. It's their first attempt so don't expect it to be flawless but it looks pretty damn good atm!

anyone else notice in the gamplay vid the change player looks sketchy?... @1:20 the ball handler running to the outside theres a defender right in front of him and a defender a little beside him and instead of changing to the guy in front of him (who is clearly the closest) it changes to the one beside him. i wonder if those type of glitches are gonna ruin defensive play or is it just because the guy in front was already in a takle animation to change to him... cuz they dont really show the player in defensive play.

Just watched it in full screen HD...graphics are superb!
There does seem to be a big emhasis on back line play compared to forward play though. Though I guess it's much eisier to show off the fancy passing and kicks with backs.

anyone else notice in the gamplay vid the change player looks sketchy?... @1:20 the ball handler running to the outside theres a defender right in front of him and a defender a little beside him and instead of changing to the guy in front of him (who is clearly the closest) it changes to the one beside him. i wonder if those type of glitches are gonna ruin defensive play or is it just because the guy in front was already in a takle animation to change to him... cuz they dont really show the player in defensive play.

There is some complex logic in the change player action depending on what is happening. Generally speaking it won't change you to a player who has no chance of catching the ball carrier for example.

Latest posts