• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

There is some complex logic in the change player action depending on what is happening. Generally speaking it won't change you to a player who has no chance of catching the ball carrier for example.

Out of interest, how do you rate this game? Compared to R08 and RL3 for example. How do they play compared to them? And do you see any problems there that people might pick up on xbl and find easy ways to beat defences? Cheers for the time.

Out of interest, how do you rate this game?

I don't provide qualitative ratings for our own games or competing games, sorry. That is up to you guys to do as your opinions are the only ones that matter.

And do you see any problems there that people might pick up on xbl and find easy ways to beat defences?

Nothing that I'm aware of, though we won't really know until the game goes wide and people start trying to find exploits.

I don't provide qualitative ratings for our own games or competing games, sorry. That is up to you guys to do as your opinions are the only ones that matter.

Nothing that I'm aware of, though we won't really know until the game goes wide and people start trying to find exploits.
I guess that's fair enough with first comment, thought i'd be cheeky and ask though! Cool, so just say if there was one exploit found could i get updated on xbl and psn for a fix?

There is some complex logic in the change player action depending on what is happening. Generally speaking it won't change you to a player who has no chance of catching the ball carrier for example.

so defensive play is user friendly? short/wide formation etc... its just that i didnt see much defensive play and i pride myself on defence on rugby games :) eg. stopping players from scoring when they are 5m from there try line.

Just wanted say to sidhe.. Just watched the gameplay trailer..

Amazing. Give credit to where it is due. Very nice trailer. The fluid movements of the players and gameplay was just great to see.

Graphics.. Another plus. Things really do look good on RC. Definite buy.

Cheers.

i liked how the ai slow down when the ball is heading towards the side line. ohhh and crudens step ..

Went into Dublin today to play RC and was pretty impressed we were told that you would be able to unlock a team comprising of only Jonah Lomu's. player likenesses were a bit dodgy on NH sides. I was ammused to see Germany featured as one of the international sides. Gameplay was enjoyable ,lineouts great ,kicking OK and we even got a look at career mode
was anyone else at it out of interest

Last edited:
Went into Dublin today to play RC and was pretty impressed we were told that you would be able to unlock a team comprising of only Jonah Lomu's. player likenesses were a bit dodgy on NH sides. I was ammused to see Germany featured as one of the international sides. Gameplay was enjoyable ,lineouts great ,kicking OK and we even got a look at career mode
was anyone else at it out of interest

i was there, was impressed too. cant wait now

That review just posted looks very positive. That career mode looks really cool, especially when it says that the world cups feature in them. I think that's cool, not even Fifa does that lol. Only thing thqat bothers me is the button mashing thing at rucks, but it might be ok who knows. Lol at Germany being on there. Did you guys see if there is a custom tourney mode? Would like to know if you could make a heineken cup or something like that seeing as that isn't there. How was gameplay too? And presentation?

Somewhere here were stated that you are able to create your own tournament!

That review just posted looks very positive. That career mode looks really cool, especially when it says that the world cups feature in them. I think that's cool, not even Fifa does that lol. Only thing thqat bothers me is the button mashing thing at rucks, but it might be ok who knows. Lol at Germany being on there. Did you guys see if there is a custom tourney mode? Would like to know if you could make a heineken cup or something like that seeing as that isn't there. How was gameplay too? And presentation?

there is custom tourney i think. apparently heinken cup is in! according to the guy showcasing the game anyway. gameplay was sweet, lovely flow to the game. Presentation was the best i've seen in a sports game

I'm curious about the zoomed in 'over-the-shoulder' view that the game cuts to on a few occasions when a break is made. Is that a dynamic camera/gameplay option?

I'm curious about the zoomed in 'over-the-shoulder' view that the game cuts to on a few occasions when a break is made. Is that a dynamic camera/gameplay option?
Yes, Glory Cam. You can turn it off.

Just curious, why do TRF get no love from Sidhe? I know there's an official partnership with RWC but why not let the guys have a test of the game when it came through the UK?

getofmelands review would be the most interesting one out there as he'd have been the only man on earth thus far to have played both ***les!

The playtest in ireland sounds extremely positive, but its hard to weigh up without any of them having a base of comparison

GetOfMeLand is reviewing RC tomorrow :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

I've played a couple of games of RC and it's great, I'll compare it to the demo when the demo comes out.

courtesy of mystic86 off the sidhe forums from the ireland preview event held at gamestop

Last edited by a moderator:
courtesy of mystic86 off the sidhe forums.

during the game play there are lines that come out of players and go towards the, see 1:50 of the video.

Anyone what that is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts