• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Yeah that is actually my back up plan if the shipping is loads :p haven;t actually looked into it yet though. Btw, what uni you at our of interest?

Going to Teesside (Middlesbrough) doing computer and digital forensics (just felt like adding the last bit :p) how bout you?

But luckily I have around £1k in savings for uni so can get the game out of that :p Along with a shiny new accoustic guitar when I get out of my sling xD

yep looks like the games are going head to head at least in nz afterall as mentioned mighty ape is now shipping copies out for release tomorrow on 360 and ps3.

The official release date for NZ is now tomorrow, through retail as well.

You lucky people. Please put some stuff on YouTube for the rest of us!

Going to Teesside (Middlesbrough) doing computer and digital forensics (just felt like adding the last bit :p) how bout you?

But luckily I have around £1k in savings for uni so can get the game out of that :p Along with a shiny new accoustic guitar when I get out of my sling xD

Ah fair dos! One of my mates did a similar course up in De Montford Uni, until he dropped out anyway :rolleyes: a lot to do with computer protection right? Going into my 2nd year of studying German in Swansea atm :D

Bleedin' lucky New Zealanders <_< could've had both RWC2011 and Rugby Challenge through my door tomorrow if a UK distributor did the same!

Ah fair dos! One of my mates did a similar course up in De Montford Uni, until he dropped out anyway :rolleyes: a lot to do with computer protection right? Going into my 2nd year of studying German in Swansea atm :D

Bleedin' lucky New Zealanders <_< could've had both RWC2011 and Rugby Challenge through my door tomorrow if a UK distributor did the same!

Yeah, basically solving crimes that involve computers (inc cars, phones etc :p)

But yeah its pretty annoying that their predicted top 2 markets dont have a date set at all when their 3rd (NZ) gets it tomorrow, then Aus (5th) and SA(8th) know it'll be the 5th of sept or even sooner :/

well my game has been shipped :p should get it tomorrow.

had to choose between this and RWC and since I have already played the demo and talking to some of my mates here its better to get this one as this is what they are getting first.

that may change depending on how good this game is :) looking forward to it though :)

@woohsaah, are you the same guy that made the tools for 08? Are you getting RC on PC and therefor plan to make tools for RC?

Well, no New Plymouth shops are breaking the release date. I tried everywhere, and every technique. Protips, none of these approaches work in trying to get a copy early:

-Chatting up the lady at the desk
-Throwing a tanty and rolling around infront of the counter
-Repeatedly calling the sales person a "bag of dicks"
-Lying and saying the shop down the road has already broken the release date
-Pulling the mates card on sales people you sort of know from school

Does anyone know if we purchase Rugby Challenge online with Mighty Ape, will we get it from the date of release in New Zealand (being August 26 from 2pm according to Sidhe's latest Facebook update)?

Does anyone know if we purchase Rugby Challenge online with Mighty Ape, will we get it from the date of release in New Zealand (being August 26 from 2pm according to Sidhe's latest Facebook update)?

I'm pretty sure mighty ape aus website is just a virtual storefront to sell in aus dollars and stock comes from nz so it should ship tomorrow from nz if you order I think 2pm nz time is the cutoff for it to ship out that day. you can always email them or contact them through twitter to find out.

Well, no New Plymouth shops are breaking the release date. I tried everywhere, and every technique. Protips, none of these approaches work in trying to get a copy early:

-Chatting up the lady at the desk
-Throwing a tanty and rolling around infront of the counter
-Repeatedly calling the sales person a "bag of dicks"
-Lying and saying the shop down the road has already broken the release date
-Pulling the mates card on sales people you sort of know from school

no shops are breaking the release date the nz distributor gamewizz bought the release date forwards themselves. it only happened earlier today so some stores don't have stock yet but are overnighting it in for sale at about 2pm tomorrow. I would try your local stores tomorrow they might be saying something different by then if their stock has arrived.

edit looks like aus release date might have been bumped up to 1st september. this is unofficial but off the sidhe forums people in aus calling up jb-hifi and being told the game is now releasing september 1st
http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?44517-For-Australia-people

Last edited:
no shops are breaking the release date the nz distributor gamewizz bought the release date forwards themselves. it only happened earlier today so some stores don't have stock yet but are overnighting it in for sale at about 2pm tomorrow. I would try your local stores tomorrow they might be saying something different by then if their stock has arrived.

edit looks like aus release date might have been bumped up to 1st september. this is unofficial but off the sidhe forums people in aus calling up jb-hifi and being told the game is now releasing september 1st
http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?44517-For-Australia-people

Yeah i had just got the same lecture from all the different retailers saying that this would be breaking the release date etc. Went home, researched up a bit, returned to noel leemings and got them to ring up their national headquarters. Game with my name on it tomorrow if the game gets shipped in before the weekend.

Victory!

Yeah i had just got the same lecture from all the different retailers saying that this would be breaking the release date etc. Went home, researched up a bit, returned to noel leemings and got them to ring up their national headquarters. Game with my name on it tomorrow if the game gets shipped in before the weekend.

Victory!

Is it a victory though?

You see, I bought a deluxe hamburger from my local fish and chip shop three weekends ago via phone order. Now, there are two of these fish and chip shops (owned by the same Greek family) within 12 blocks of eachother. I normally go to the one at the north end of my street, so I know what I normally get, however on this occasion I went to the southern one. When I got home and prepared to tuck into my burger, I discovered there was no beetroot. Whenever I get this burger from the northern store, there is beetroot in it. In fact, in the picture at the store there is clearly beetroot in the burger (unless it is very very very dark tomato).
When I took my burger back to the southern store, they said they never put beetroot in their deluxe burgers, and practically called me a liar for saying the southern store did. After much complaining, I ended up leaving the northern store with my beetroot-less deluxe burger, and a look of utter dejection.
The next day I returned to the southern shop with my deluxe burger and demanded they ring the manager of the northern shop, and lo and behold, confirmation that they do in fact include beetroot in their deluxe burger, and that indeed the southern shop should be doing so as well.
So that afternoon, I gratefully swapped my cold beetroot-less deluxe burger for a brand new beetrooted deluxe burger, returned home and couldn't be happier. As I prepared to tuck into my deluxe hamburger, I took the lid off to admire my shiny, wet slice of beetroot. It was there alright, but what was on top of it? I big wet hock of red-specked phlegm.

So, yeah... Be careful. They might spit in your game.

Last edited:
Is it a victory though?

You see, I bought a deluxe hamburger from my local fish and chip shop three weekends ago via phone order. Now, there are two of these fish and chip shops (owned by the same Greek family) within 12 blocks of eachother. I normally go to the one at the north end of my street, so I know what I normally get, however on this occasion I went to the southern one. When I got home and prepared to tuck into my burger, I discovered there was no beetroot. Whenever I get this burger from the northern store, there is beetroot in it. In fact, in the picture at the store there is clearly beetroot in the burger (unless it is very very very dark tomato).
When I took my burger back to the southern store, they said they never put beetroot in their deluxe burgers, and practically called me a liar for saying the southern store did. After much complaining, I ended up leaving the northern store with my beetroot-less deluxe burger, and a look of utter dejection.
The next day I returned to the southern shop with my deluxe burger and demanded they ring the manager of the northern shop, and lo and behold, confirmation that they do in fact include beetroot in their deluxe burger, and that indeed the southern shop should be doing so as well.
So that afternoon, I gratefully swapped my cold beetroot-less deluxe burger for a brand new beetrooted deluxe burger, returned home and couldn't be happier. As I prepared to tuck into my deluxe hamburger, I took the lid off to admire my shiny, wet slice of beetroot. It was there alright, but what was on top of it? I big wet hock of red-specked phlegm.

771_i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_RE_Memebase_88-s360x202-219328.jpg

Is it a victory though?

I have no qualms with making enemies of game retailers and burger joint opperators alike. All that stand between me and this game shall fell my spitefull wrath!

Seriously though everyone i delt with today were just people i knew from school or family friends so no harm done. Beauty of living in a small town

I get exactly what you mean Wally... You mean that people like that ******* Greek family, make you uncertain on the future of man kind... I know exactly what you mean. Have faith though, I have found a new fish and chip shop, and they have beetroot in all of their burgers, so I no longer have that worry. I'm eating one right now in fact. It has egg as well.

Next time I won't get egg.

Latest posts