• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Could any1 that has the game tell me if the franchise mode is like world league in rugby '08 & '06?

Nah it's not. Pretty much close enough to real life. All real squads (well the licenced ones are real, unlicenced are close enough to accurate bar names which you can change anyway), with trading at the end of the season (havn't really looked into what players are available though as I've just stuck to the same roster). Can take control of a club side and international as well if you want. I'm doing it with NZ and the Hurricanes which starts off with the tri-nations, world championship, super 15. Havn't quite finished the super 15 but I think the NH tour must be there after. Pretty awesome the way they have done it. Very realistic, well compared to world league in 08.

Can you swap a created team into Franchise mode in place of an existing team?

Or add any custom competitions to it?

I'm thinking along the lines of creating Currie Cup teams and either swapping a custom Currie Cup comp into Franchise or just the 14 teams into the TOP14 and rename it.

Can you swap a created team into Franchise mode in place of an existing team?

Or add any custom competitions to it?

I'm thinking along the lines of creating Currie Cup teams and either swapping a custom Currie Cup comp into Franchise or just the 14 teams into the TOP14 and rename it.

You can edit anything and everything in all comps, change around teams or add in custom squads etc. So you could change the top 14 into the currie cup if you really wanted to. Not sure if you can play out franchise with custom comps but I can't see why you couldn't, this part of the game is pretty in depth and seems to have most things covered. I'd be suprised if you couldn't.

I am definitely getting this game. However I need to get a console as well as I don't have one right now. Has anyone played the game on both xbox360 and PS3? Not sure which one I should for a better gaming experience.

Go with the ps3 mate. A real bonus is that it doubles as a blu-ray player.

Got the game today ($89 in JBHiFi). Awesome stuff, I am not moving from the TV all weekend. This is actually my favorite sport game other than FIFA. Lived up to my expectations anyway :D

Just to note, Game.co.uk emailed me to today to notify me that my copy of RC will be sent for 7th October. So that's UK release i assume for early October.

Just to note, Game.co.uk emailed me to today to notify me that my copy of RC will be sent for 7th October. So that's UK release i assume for early October.

Yeah I got that e-mail too, am probably gonna cancel and order from Australia now. Depends on whether the sites i've found actually release on the 9th or not, since they're actually selling the EU version.

My supposed release date from gameseek is 25th of september.

got the game 12 hrs ago...and i can finally say..."we're up there with fifa and madden!!!"...finally a game that gives rugby justice!!!..its not a simple rugby game that we've been used to playing (HB studios rugby ***les). I found that i can choose to go fijian style attacking with the forwards and backs or play structured phases, close to my support players. Love the graphics and the animations! Rucking system is spot on!!! This is the best rugby game going around...and i can see it staying at number 1 until Sidhe bring out another one. Beautiful job!. HB, thats how a rugby game is made! lol

Nah it's not. Pretty much close enough to real life. All real squads (well the licenced ones are real, unlicenced are close enough to accurate bar names which you can change anyway), with trading at the end of the season (havn't really looked into what players are available though as I've just stuck to the same roster). Can take control of a club side and international as well if you want. I'm doing it with NZ and the Hurricanes which starts off with the tri-nations, world championship, super 15. Havn't quite finished the super 15 but I think the NH tour must be there after. Pretty awesome the way they have done it. Very realistic, well compared to world league in 08.

Thanx man... One more thing are you able to take 2 seperate teams and play? (like the sharks and chiefs?)

i'm finding the passing really annoying, so many times i want to pass to a player on my left or right after making a good run, and instead of passing to the guy next to him, he'll pass the ball back 10 metre's to noone, like he's trying to pass to the fullback instead of something

Thanx man... One more thing are you able to take 2 seperate teams and play? (like the sharks and chiefs?)

Sorry bro unsure and can't check as I've just returned it for a refund (eb games has a 7 day trail period, greatest thing ever). I actually don't think you can though from my somewhat dodgy memory. I'm gonna look to get RWC now play that hard for 7 days and either keep it or get a refund and get RC back.

Overall my impressions of RC didn't really change. Easily the most in depth rugby game out, best addition has got to be the career mode (long overdue) which I really enjoyed and has to be the future. Gameplay still never really impressed me though, probably was about what I expected, ok, but not great jaw droppin' stuff. Plenty of little annoyances, like any sports game. Still would recommend to any rugby fan though, just don't believe this game is the COMPLETE package, it's certainly close. lookin' forward to RWC now and comparing gameplay.

In career mode, are you able to use a club/province side, but a different International side?

i.e. Connacht and Italy?

Will be even funnier, but not a big issue if it's not possible!

Anyone know how to cancel an order on Game's website? Trying to cancel my RC pre-order and there's no button to cancel it :huh:

Anyone know how to cancel an order on Game's website? Trying to cancel my RC pre-order and there's no button to cancel it :huh:

Email them?

Also who are you ordering overseas from pal? Might do it tomorrow.

Also does anyone know how the coin system works ... I think its a coin system that you use to unlock things like Lomu team etc.

Email them?

Also who are you ordering overseas from pal? Might do it tomorrow.

Also does anyone know how the coin system works ... I think its a coin system that you use to unlock things like Lomu team etc.

Yeah probably what I'll have to do!
Atm the best one's I've found:

http://www.game-lane.com.au/xbox-360-games/3390-jonah-lomu-wallabies-rugby-challenge-xbox-360.html

[URL="http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/jonah-lomu-rugby-challenge-xbox-360/dp/22991939#bc=c08a"]http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/jonah-lomu-rugby-challenge-xbox-360/dp/22991939#bc=c08a

B
u[/URL]t the only problem is, they're selling the EU version so might not be 100% sure that they'll be shipping on the 9th like they say. Did e-mail Gamelane and they told me that they'll definitely be shipping from the 9th. Am waiting until friday anyway and see what it says on their website. Thought I might as well cancel my Game order for now anyway.

They're 'Rugby Dollars' I think, get the for doing tutorials, winning games and competitions and playing online. You get dollars taken away from you if you quit too.

Latest posts