• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Simpson-Daniel called up to England training squad

G

getofmeland

Simpson-Daniel called up to England training squad

For immediate release: Sunday 2nd March 2008
Issued on behalf of RBS 6 Nations

James Simpson-Daniel of Gloucester Rugby has been called up as an addition to the England training squad in preparation for the RBS 6 Nations game against Scotland on March 8th.

The decision to call up the Gloucester wing is because David Strettle of Harlequins will not recover in time to play any of the remaining RBS 6 Nations games.

My god, JSD in the England squad. Does this count as one of the omens for the apocalyps?

Well it seems he has made himself get noticed over the last couple of weeks, plus the press have been on his side backing him a lot... so thats probably something to do with it.. now we have to wait and see who Ashton Picks to play against Scotland...

I think this is a good move. He's still 25 and quite a young player in terms of rugby (likewise with strettle, unless you compare both of them to 19 year old Morgan Parra of France) and it will give us an idea of who will be in the 2011 side for England. I do rate him as a player, and I wouldn't mind him starting at either wing or centre.

To be honest I wouldn't mind if Ashton starts a team of many youngsters, Simpson-Daniel, Cipriani, Wigglesworth etc. need a chance to impress as the likes of Gomarsall, Sackey, Wilkinson may retire b4 the next world cup.

Thank christ for that, Maybe Sackey can f-off then. [/b]

Considering that Sackey hasn't exactly done anything wrong, I don't think he deserves the level of antagonism that we usually attribute to guys like Iain Balshaw.

Maybe next time Balshaw gets into trouble he'll think "I could clear this up and save England's bacon like I did the other week against France but....nah, I won't, because some git from Northampton was really rude towards me for no reason."

Then it'd ALL BE YOUR FAULT!!!!112w12

When Balshaw ballsed up when trying to catch that up and under, Sackey came around and got the ball.

Also, when Balshaw was farting about pretending to be a forward, look behind the backs and guess who was there acting like a full back...Paul Sackey. Not because he was a knob like Balshaw, but because he realised Balshaw was being a knob and that there'd be nobody at home at full back.

The guy has come along really well defensively since his early gaffes, I think nailing Stirling Mortlock in the World Cup Quarter Final made a man out of him at last. Also, spending every weekend with Shaun Edwards helps a bit too.

As I've already said about Wilkinson, one better game then he's ever had doesn't suddenly make him the best man in the country, not does it change the fact he's a lazy twat who's done much better through circumstance and luck then any genuine talent.

Actually, Sackey saved England's bacon against Australia in the WC. Interception anyone?

Sackey has put in some very good performances, his defence has improved by tenfold since the World Cup... So I don't know why your getting on his back, in the Bath vs Wasps game he played out of his skin, and he made some crucial tackles... He has been doing the same for England recently...

yup i agree with you there, isn't he one of the top try-scorers, if not the top for England in this campaign?

As I've already said about Wilkinson, one better game then he's ever had doesn't suddenly make him the best man in the country, not does it change the fact he's a lazy twat who's done much better through circumstance and luck then any genuine talent. [/b]

Where is the evidence for any of that in the last four or five games he has had for England? If he was really that lazy, McGeechan and Edwards would have had him out on his arse years ago.

f*** me... Did Andy Robsons reign really make the Englaish believe that mediocrity will do.

Where's my Irish passport...

Again, where is the evidence for this Mite?

I think you're finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that there are too many class wingers in England today and that not all of them can be on the match day 22 at any one time.

1. David Strettle
2. Paul Sackey
3. Lesley Vainikolo
4. Simpson-Daniel

And this exercise accomplished..what? :huh:

Sackey - Over rated, only praised as he's the only english back to score. Every third game.
Vinakolo - Too Old
Strettle - Potential but not the finished product. Always crocked.
JSD - Long overdue a chance to proove his worth.

Not a single proven "class" winger at international standard in that list.

Sackey - Over rated, only praised as he's the only english back to score. Every third game.[/b]

In your opinion, again no actual acknowledgement of his defensive acheivements so far. Played very well both offensively and defensively in the last five games.

Vinakolo - Too Old[/b]

Says you, still shows class at club and in the small time he is given ball at international level, thus counts as a class winger.

Strettle - Potential but not the finished product. Always crocked.[/b]

Injury does not mean he isn't a class winger. Has had an unlucky run of injuries more or less.

So, all four are class wingers.

Latest posts