• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Since there is no "Franchise" or "Career" type....

B

Boltman

From Gamespots review.......

"The game's create-a-player mode lets you edit a number of preset faces, but it doesn't approach the level of depth found in other EA Sports ***les, such as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 or Fight Night Round 2.

The presence of a create-a-player mode seems odd, especially when you consider the game only includes three main modes: quick game, tournament, and practice (the latter of which includes some decent training exercises).

Tournaments include the Super 12, European Trophy, and Lions Tour, as well as the Ten, Six, and Tri-Nations tourneys...and, of course, there's the World Championship. Lack of a franchise or career mode means you probably won't use your created player much in the first place, however."

Since there are no Franchise or Career type modes, all I ask is this.

Is there really any use for making a created player, other than recreating past greats?

I think there is a huge need for the player creation even if there is no serious franchise mode. Reason: Updating teams. The next EA Rugby probably won't be until at least late 2006, and squads will change a bit, and new players will come.

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 16 2005, 05:18 PM

Is there really any use for making a created player, other than recreating past greats?
The guy that reviewed it didn't do his homework.

Bolts, I think I've read somewhere on here that you've played Rugby 2004, so I can assume that you had a go on the 'World League,' right? --You become in charge of a club in the lowest Division (3) and work your way up to Division 1 by buying and trading and selling players.

That same thing is in Rugby 2005, as can be seen on the XBox screens (page 3) of the gamespot review. It's as close to a 'franchise/career' mode as we're going to get, but it does entail buying/selling players so this is where creation can be fun, and slightly important, because you start Division 3 with a bunch of no-names.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 17 2005, 06:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 17 2005, 06:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 16 2005, 05:18 PM

The guy that reviewed it didn't do his homework.

Bolts, I think I've read somewhere on here that you've played Rugby 2004, so I can assume that you had a go on the 'World League,' right? --You become in charge of a club in the lowest Division (3) and work your way up to Division 1 by buying and trading and selling players.

That same thing is in Rugby 2005, as can be seen on the XBox screens (page 3) of the gamespot review. It's as close to a 'franchise/career' mode as we're going to get, but it does entail buying/selling players so this is where creation can be fun, and slightly important, because you start Division 3 with a bunch of no-names. [/b]
Yea youre right I have 2004, and sadly I still play it to this day (it's all I have).

Ahh ok then, I'll just be playing World League again.
<

Thanks much Cap!

Latest posts