• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations judging panel.

P

Prestwick

Seeing that some fans here prefer to see style (i.e. the losing team who ran more with the ball) reign supreme over actual substance (i.e. the team who won by actually playing the game) then why don't we have a panel of style judges, like say the panel on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing or on Pop Idol (or American Idiot as it is known over in the states).

Simply take three guys, maybe impartial observers from outside of Europe who have access one way or another to Six Nations games.

These judges shall watch these games but will be instructed to take absolutely no notice of the end result. They shall instead give a score out of ten over how good they felt the match looked to them as an impartial observer, giving points for things such as:
  • Extended periods of running rugby.
  • Tries which could be judged as "exciting".
  • Nearly tries which could be judged as "exciting".
  • Moments of skill and/or brilliance.
  • Cliff hanger moments and/or endings.
Judges may NOT award or deduct points for the following for example:
  • Whether they like/hate either or both competing teams or any of the players.
  • Whoever won the game.
  • What the actual points total was in the end.
So, who's up for it? Remember, in the future, this could be part of how one wins a rugby match in the future!

Seeing that some fans here prefer to see style (i.e. the losing team who ran more with the ball) reign supreme over actual substance (i.e. the team who won by actually playing the game) then why don't we have a panel of style judges, like say the panel on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing or on Pop Idol (or American Idiot as it is known over in the states).

Simply take three guys, maybe impartial observers from outside of Europe who have access one way or another to Six Nations games.

These judges shall watch these games but will be instructed to take absolutely no notice of the end result. They shall instead give a score out of ten over how good they felt the match looked to them as an impartial observer, giving points for things such as:
  • Extended periods of running rugby.
  • Tries which could be judged as "exciting".
  • Nearly tries which could be judged as "exciting".
  • Moments of skill and/or brilliance.
  • Cliff hanger moments and/or endings.
Judges may NOT award or deduct points for the following for example:
  • Whether they like/hate either or both competing teams or any of the players.
  • Whoever won the game.
  • What the actual points total was in the end.
So, who's up for it? Remember, in the future, this could be part of how one wins a rugby match in the future!
[/b]
Is ti something like a coming out?

Latest posts