• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smoking ban arrives

I read somewhere the other day that a landlord is making all the non smokers stand outside for 5 minute periods every so often to even it out... what a guy! :D [/b]
What a complete arse that landlord is. That's one way to lose customers.

I know I'd be switching pubs. It's not the non smokers' fault that people chose to smoke.

But we non smokers also have a right to live in a smoke free environment. [/b]

That's why it's called the freedom of choice... You choose to go into a pub that has a smokey atmosphere; I don't recall anyone forcing you to go in there. Much as anyone who's "health is at risk by working there" knew what to expect in a bar, no one forced them to take the jobs... There are plenty of jobs in Tescos and McDonalds.

There were plenty of non-smoking establishments everywhere that you could have used before this pussy footed, liberal leftwing attempt-to-slowdown-the-rot law came in.

As as it happens, only 30% of the population may smoke, but 85% of pub goers are smokers, thus watch the pub industry in this country die as they will smoke at home with a can of beer instead.

paper.jpg

Did you know the first rule Hitler brought in??

A Ban on Smoking.... No Lie...

like the fact that the people who passed the law are still allowed to smoke in the houses of parliament... and that they all drive around in cars which pump out clouds of crap into the atmosphere?

yeh.... pretty hypocritical :p

I can't help believing the hypocrisy referred to had more to do with Hitler making a law telling people not to smoke, while brutally forcing others to in hail gases more toxic than your every day tar filled smokers-breath, than anything else.

I can't help believing the hypocrisy referred to had more to do with Hitler making a law telling people not to smoke, while brutally forcing others to in hail gases more toxic than your every day tar filled smokers-breath, than anything else. [/b]

Yeah, that's pretty much where my joke was lying

Hitler smoking ban - hitler gassing millions of Jews.
I thought it was pretty funny...

Gulli Killed it.
Luckily for you, I didn't read his comment before laughing out loud (rather than 'lol'ing'), because yes, I am that sort of person who would laugh at something like that.

People don't get those kind of jokes for some reason. Made a hilarious joke involving showers a couple of weeks back and it took all of 15 seconds for it to properly register with any of the people sitting in the room.

Mabye you have to have no sense of taste or decency to be fully appreciative.

Mabye you have to have no sense of taste or decency to be fully appreciative. [/b]

*Matt stands up, proud to be part of the "No Sense of Taste or Decency Club" waves a little hello to all board members and considers what's the best way to take this post now: Racist joke; sexist joke; failed-london-bombings joke; really old Diana joke; or no joke at all...*

Really old Diana joke:

"Did you hear Diana was all over the radio after her crash? Yeah...she was also all over the dashboard, windshield..."
:eek:

We should have name tags. Or T-shirts. Or Caps.

Although I admit, I can't enjoy all jokes, although I'll at least recognize them as a joke. Depends on my mood really (what? I'm a girl!)

3 days out of the month you're a joy to be around.

The other 27 it's just the same old, plain, dull, monotonous crap that girls take you through, until you're finally under their thumb making you do things you hate (going to town JUST to look for shoes) and wearing a top you don't like, but she thinks looks good and you, and letting her put on that strap-on and....

erm...

What three days would those be?

A friend of mine once calculated we're in a bad temper 11 months of the year, 3 months PreMS, three PostMS, Three MS, two at being annoyed with guys.

I didn't quite agree with him. We getannoyed for other reasons too :p

Yeah, some guys just think in stupid ways about women. Like 'I dion't cook, it's not my job to do it, my wife does the cooking cause it's a girl's job'
What is that??

To get back on topic, does anyone find it attractive, a person smoking?

I think there's only one attractive way to smoke, and people don't smoke like that anymore.

And finally? When did a single member of the public get a say on on this pathetic, political-correctness gone mad law?

Democracy, my arse.
[/b]

Democracy? I'd say this is enforced democracy.

The majority of people don't smoke...smoking damages health...it's a no brainer....it's just smokers are just so selfish that there had to be a draconian law brought it.

It's the same with drink driving and seat belt wearing....the government gets accused of being a "nanny state" 'cause of some people's stupidity.

End of argument I'm afraid.

Latest posts