• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Snakes on a Plane

theres a huge mitake in tt movie. the plan leaves the honolulu int airport, and snakes atart to appear on the plane. but the fact of the matter is this, there are absolutely ZERO snakes in hawaii

Originally posted by Caledfwlch@Aug 22 2006, 04:22 PM
theres a huge mitake in tt movie. the plan leaves the honolulu int airport, and snakes atart to appear on the plane. but the fact of the matter is this, there are absolutely ZERO snakes in hawaii
:huh:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but is it not possible that the Mafia person who released them on the plane could've bought the Snakes to Hawaii?

oh yeah. that skipped my mind. i suppose u could make a hollywood producer then.

this movie is starting to remind me of anaconda :) i thought that movie was goign to be good, but was crap, this looks intense, but will end up crap

Originally posted by Caledfwlch@Aug 22 2006, 04:22 PM
I thought that this sounded odd so I did a google search and came up with this.

http://www.explorebiodiversity.com/Hawaii/...iles/Snakes.htm

So Hawaii does have snakes - just not very many of them.

The movie apparently is supposed to be pretty good. Better than Miami Vice anyway.

OMG LIGHTEN UP, ITS SAMUEL L.JACKSON, KILLING SNAKES, WITH CHEESEY ONE LINERS, not the snakes of course. this will be a cult film, treat it as a joke, and a comedy youll find ull enjoy it much more you cultrual deserts.

Originally posted by loratadine@Aug 22 2006, 11:04 PM
OMG LIGHTEN UP, ITS SAMUEL L.JACKSON, KILLING SNAKES, WITH CHEESEY ONE LINERS, not the snakes of course. this will be a cult film, treat it as a joke, and a comedy youll find ull enjoy it much more you cultrual deserts.
Well said!!!

1ST time i heard about this i thought it was 'Sex on a plane' - would make a better movie

not seeing this - even if i am paid

Originally posted by loratadine@Aug 23 2006, 10:04 AM
lol how much did the producer pay you to say that?

we all know its gonna be a crappy movie but it will make a butt-load at the boxoffice because of its huge publicity.

the concept of the movie is that snakes get released on a plane. thats just as lame as the concept for the game "Demonik" from Grandmas Boy which is: a demon sent from hell to bring down a meth lab.

But it has Samuel Jackson in it... So it's going to have some awesome lines.

And remember Kids - Recycling = Bad.

They are harking back to the 70s with a "so bad it's good" movie. I for one am interested in it.

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 23 2006, 05:38 PM
"... and you use this bin for slightly soiled toilet paper"

or something similar to that. my god it was funny watching them put all those extra recycling bins outside and telling them to put such stupid things in :lol:

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Aug 23 2006, 06:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 23 2006, 05:38 PM

or something similar to that. my god it was funny watching them put all those extra recycling bins outside and telling them to put such stupid things in :lol: [/b]
Finally - SOMEONE ELSE WHO WATCHES PENN AND TELLER : BULLSHIT!

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 23 2006, 06:22 PM-->
Originally posted by MonoTurd@Aug 23 2006, 06:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 23 2006, 05:38 PM

or something similar to that. my god it was funny watching them put all those extra recycling bins outside and telling them to put such stupid things in :lol:
Finally - SOMEONE ELSE WHO WATCHES PENN AND TELLER : BULLSHIT! [/b]
It's on way too late.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing snakes on a Plane... But I'm not going to pay for it.

A modern day Plan 9?

Original article

Moog's Moovies - Snakes On A Plane

logo.jpg

Orange have decided that they would pay us to go watch and review films for them every month. This is pretty cool for us and hopefully you lot too since you get stuff to read and we get to go watch films. Can't be bad. At least not if you're me.

You're not me are you? No? Oh good.

Well, to get the ball rolling how could I choose to watch anything other than the film that has become an internet meme, made it's way into common day parlance and, if you believe the more cynical among us (We're looking at you Rob Manuel), jumped the shark all before it has even been released.

Snakes on a Plane was intended to be renamed 'Pacific Air Flight 121' before Jackson made possibly the best decision of this film's life and demanded that it was released under the original working ***le, quoted as saying "We're totally changing that back. That's the only reason I took the job: I read the ***le.". What could be regarded as an act of typical actor-style kookiness was instead embraced by internet communities everywhere who revel in the absurd and bizarre. Jackson's cooler-than-frozen-fonz persona had turned what could have been a laughable disaster into this year's most talked about release.

The plot, (bless) is thus: Bloke witnesses his dad getting murdered in Hawaii by some other crime-type bloke. Witness-bloke agrees to testify in LA accompanied by FBI-bloke (Jackson), making crime-bloke resort to trying to bump him off with a lot of snakes. (How he reached this 'logical' conclusion I'll never know.) Cut to a plane with witness-bloke on, lots of people and a ******* load of ****** off snakes.

snakebloke.jpg

I was fully prepared, sat in my comfy little seat with my big tub of popcorn and smuggled in Dr Pepper, to complain and scoff my way through this film with loud comments as I left about how I'll never get those two hours back. How delightfully cynical I would have been! However, I'm glad to report (thanks to my ability to shut most of my brain down) that I absolutely enjoyed this film to bits.

It reminded me of a kind of hybrid between Airplane and a disaster movie from the seventies. So that would be a parody of disaster movies from the 70's and an actual disaster movie from the seventies (Take your pick. My choice is Towering Inferno!) which is a bit like saying it reminded me of Scream and Scary Movie. However I digress for the reasoning behind this is about to become clear! Why did it remind me of a genre and a parody of said genre? Mainly because I was able to play one of my favourite film games - You're Going To Die. I'm sure you've played it before, but if not, here are the rules:

1) Extend pointing finger.
2) Point at each character.
3) If you believe they are fodder, exclaim 'Dead!' in an excited manner!
4) If you seriously believe they have enough character development to survive, explain yourself. You may then secretly wish death upon them.
5) Feel smug.

If (like me) you're the kind of person who relishes the goriest of on-screen deaths, then this film will leave you giddy with joy. Pretty much every aspect of snake-related carnage is covered as passengers are bumped off at a rate of knots, moreoften than not in a gruesomely hilarious fashion.

So, what makes this film the enjoyable pap it is?

* Snakes? Partly.
* The plane? HELL YES! Oh wait... No.
* Jackson...?

Well, let's see with my exciting moviegraph-o-meter! This week I am plotting TIME against Samuel L. Jackson's AWESOMENESS:

reviewgraph_SoaP.jpg

1) "Don't even breathe."
2) "Sporks?"
3) "I've had it with these m****r fuc*ing snakes on this m****r f*cking plane!"
4) "Stings, don't it?"
5) Surfuel L. Jackson (This made me choke on my Nobby's nuts.)

Look at that! That's a bucketload of AWESOME!

Snakes on a Plane does exactly what it says on the tin; It's snakes on a plane, but happily there's a healthy smattering of Wonderfulitiness. It could have been better in places, (The CGI snakes spring to mind like a poorly rendered cobra.) but overall it remains charming, silly fun that doesn't need any brainpower to be enjoyed (Like a midnight donkey ride).

If you don't enjoy it, and I'm sure some of you won't, just remember this: at least Owen *ucki*g Wilson isn't in it. That man is like some kind of low fat spread at a Weight Watchers scone tasting night.

reviewratings_SoaP.gif

ive had it wif these muther f***ing snakes ha ha ha

pls see this as a comedy

funniest film in years

thankyou slj

Latest posts