• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So how fast is everyone

W

wygy

thinking of getting back into playing, i've been out for a good 8 years and although i'm not that small 5'11, 80kgs the guys at the local club are all quite meaty, i think i got some speed on my side. I was running about 11sec flat for the 100m at high school, once i get some speed training in I dont eckon i'll be too far off that pace, how quick are the amatuers playing now?

I can do the 100m in about 11.2 seconds. Could probably be faster with a bit of training, but I'm more focused on my defence at the minute. I couldn't tackle a tipsy toddler.

I don't think I can walk 100m, let alone run 100m.

I used to play prop, so speed was never my forte.

When you talk about running 100m in 11s where are you running?
On a track or on grass?
Coz there's quite a difference between the two.

i clocked just over 12 last time we did time trials, that was on grass... but im prob a fair bit slower now as i havent played much rugby recently,and have been drinking a fair bit!!

i clocked just over 12 last time we did time trials, that was on grass... but im prob a fair bit slower now as i havent played much rugby recently,and have been drinking a fair bit!!
[/b]

I'll share that sentiment.

I'm probably a bit slower actually, I've been compared to Will Greenwood before - build for handling not raw speed.

Makes me sound like a German car.

I just cant run at the mo :( Leg is well and truely f***ed...

Pretty fast when I get moving, but being a lock it was never really a required strength... although once I got going I could be quite destructive...

I was timed 11s on track, but i'm weak as hell.
I am the Welsh Shane Williams.
Wait...bugger.
I'm stuck on 110kg 1 rep max on the bench press and 160kg on squat.

My lack of strength annoys me sometimes.
All the time, actually.

Stopped playing due to injury about 2 yrs back, was champ of district at High School - clocked a 10.8sec for 100m on track, dunno what my speed on grass was though, but i could hold my own against most opponents.

One things for sure though, South Africa have a hell of alot of fast players!

Oh, before I forget, I am 1,79m tall, weighed 82kgs at my fastest.

Stopped playing due to injury about 2 yrs back, was champ of district at High School - clocked a 10.8sec for 100m on track, dunno what my speed on grass was though, but i could hold my own against most opponents.

One things for sure though, South Africa have a hell of alot of fast players!

Oh, before I forget, I am 1,79m tall, weighed 82kgs at my fastest.
[/b]

yeah i was running barefoot on grass, the ground in S.A is much harder than here in the UK so my time wouldn't be much faster on a track

someone mentioned earlier that they're not that strong with a 110kg bench and 140kg squat

those lifts are identical to mine, i'm 180cm (5'11) 78kgs

i reckon i need to get to 83/84 kgs to before i feel comfortable throwing myself in front of a 100kg prop

Tackling's more about attitude anyway.

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing a big prop's face when a tiny guy brings him down! :)

I'm erm.... 100m in 14ish secs... weighs 92kg 1.79m tall and nothing get past me... not yet...

Given enough space I reckon I could get around you...just as long as you don't get a hand on me, i'm in the all-clear. :D

Well, i play second row im 6ft 3in and about 17 stone and i did 100 metres on grass in 20 seconds... i was quite pleased with myself :)

last week i ran 11.2 on grass 10.98 on track last yaer. mid to low 11's are good for rugby players cause we have to carry all that beef

Latest posts