• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

So whats so good about Rugby 08?

D

Dmx#1

I don't understand why people have gone over to 08. 06 is better in many ways why did the Mods start working 08 instead? I haven't played it that much but a few things I've noticed on 08 that suck.

-AI is stupid and is worse than 06.
Sure the AI runs it more but its unrealistic when its a close game and the AI decides to have a run on its own tryline on a regular basis it just shows you how stupid the Ai is. AI actually seems to be easier to beat too.

-Lineouts
The simplified lineouts are stupid. WHY? For casual gamers?! f*** casual gamers!

-Rosters
Are worse than 06 Fa'atau is NOT white! Cory jane doesnt look like a balding old man! Names are wrong! AGHHHH

-Star Players
Yeah when players like Ronan 'crack under pressure' Ogara and Johnny 'living on past reputation' Wilikinson get stars are grossly overrated and EA is giving out stars like charity it starts to get tedious. Carlos spencer a star player?! Wtf are you smoking? I want some now!!!! Seriously give Matt Dunning a star while your at it.

-Player Ratings
Minnows are underrated. **** I know they might get a beating from the ABs but does that mean you have to make their backline slower than grannys in wheelchairs.

-New Momentum gauge
Seriously if binding a few players slips your mind you will probably see your opposing team push their maul 40 metres foward.

Theres more but this is just the top off my head. Can anyone justify why I should get 08? Apart from mods

yah i'm not a mod but the graphics are awsome. Also the jerseys are good, plus stadiums ect. If you get it, get on P.C so you can fix up rediculous rosters. PS2 or other consoles are not an option. Repeat: not an option.

with this stuff you can fix with our modders stuff, primarily woosah's editor:

-lineouts
-rosters
-star players, use woosahs editor and turn off the view impact players in the in-game options. The stars will not hover above the players but when they get the ball you will see they get a star. The hover stars are defaulted to players like O'Gara so thats why you have to turn it off
-player ratings

So yeah...

Yeah graphics pretty samey imo. The kits and stadiums look cool though. It's hardly a reason to change over to 08 though.

well if you get this on P.C you can have 100% perfect rosters. If you rugby '06 on PS2 I would suggest getting this on p.C. If rugby '06 is on the P.C and is updated, I suggest not getting this game. Anyway, your choice.

The reason I got it is its a big step-up from rugby 2004!!

I don't understand why people have gone over to 08. 06 is better in many ways why did the Mods start working 08 instead? I haven't played it that much but a few things I've noticed on 08 that suck.

-AI is stupid and is worse than 06.
Sure the AI runs it more but its unrealistic when its a close game and the AI decides to have a run on its own tryline on a regular basis it just shows you how stupid the Ai is. AI actually seems to be easier to beat too.

-Lineouts
The simplified lineouts are stupid. WHY? For casual gamers?! f*** casual gamers!

-Rosters
Are worse than 06 Fa'atau is NOT white! Cory jane doesnt look like a balding old man! Names are wrong! AGHHHH

-Star Players
Yeah when players like Ronan 'crack under pressure' Ogara and Johnny 'living on past reputation' Wilikinson get stars are grossly overrated and EA is giving out stars like charity it starts to get tedious. Carlos spencer a star player?! Wtf are you smoking? I want some now!!!! Seriously give Matt Dunning a star while your at it.

-Player Ratings
Minnows are underrated. **** I know they might get a beating from the ABs but does that mean you have to make their backline slower than grannys in wheelchairs.

-New Momentum gauge
Seriously if binding a few players slips your mind you will probably see your opposing team push their maul 40 metres foward.

Theres more but this is just the top off my head. Can anyone justify why I should get 08? Apart from mods [/b]

We bought the game on release day...played it for a fortnight...then put it back into its case never to be touched every again.

I could go on and on about the flaws of MULTIPLAYER on 08 but that pathetic excuse of an update is not even worth the 2000 words.

Playstation and console versions are undoubtedly shite, because the actual game is so messed up in places that it begs belief.

However, rugby 06 is worse in my eyes. They have fixed somethings that were awful in 06 and in other places have added things that are worse, like the drop goal metre.

I play 08 because it is completely modable apart from some small things and the game is much better customised.

Yeah, of course darkmanX got it. I wanna know if he bought the game as well though lol

I've played it at my mates house a few times I guess I will buy it eventually.

Latest posts