• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some of the glitches / flaws with the gameplay

T be honest, I'd happily pay 30 quid for an 08 upgrade with new teams, kits, players and competitions so happy days. Basically its going to work like this; if this game is a hit EA will come back in get HB to make a mammoth game which will include all comps, players and so many licences they will even have Aberdare under 12's second XV.Yes it won't be the Holy Grail but its the first step on the journey, invest in this people. No matter what your argument is we're all here because we love rugby games and this is the only way to ensure a future of rugby games. My advice, get it and provide feedback through constructive criticsm OR its just us dudes playing FIFA 38 on these boards complaining about rugby games they don't even make anymore becuase we all got a cobb on an boycotted it.HB have provided a forum here for US to help with the development of a game, lets get involved and work on it together rather than throwing the toys out of the pram and no one has anything.........plus if i keep playing 08 and rocking back n forth my missus is going o dump me for sure!
Great point but would it not be better for RC to be a massive success because I got to play it in gamestop (wallabies v ABs (first people including me and my mates from the public to play it in the world) and it was quite possibly the best game I have ever played on xbox. The detail, the precision, the quality, EVERYTHING was outstanding. Comparing it to the demo is an insult so I won't get into it. I believe most people should buy both games just so rugby will become more recognised. My only problem with RWC game is that people try to compare it to the FIFA franchise. People were saying that FIFA do the same, just edit the game bit by bit so they can put something new into it the next year. But that is year after year. The RWC game would be acceptable and be awesome if it was released like this in 2008. Four years on and to produce a product like that is a disgrace. Think of FIFA 07 and FIFA 11. Now think of 08 and 11. I think people get my point.

Great point but would it not be better for RC to be a massive success because I got to play it in gamestop (wallabies v ABs (first people including me and my mates from the public to play it in the world) and it was quite possibly the best game I have ever played on xbox. The detail, the precision, the quality, EVERYTHING was outstanding. Comparing it to the demo is an insult so I won't get into it. I believe most people should buy both games just so rugby will become more recognised. My only problem with RWC game is that people try to compare it to the FIFA franchise. People were saying that FIFA do the same, just edit the game bit by bit so they can put something new into it the next year. But that is year after year. The RWC game would be acceptable and be awesome if it was released like this in 2008. Four years on and to produce a product like that is a disgrace. Think of FIFA 07 and FIFA 11. Now think of 08 and 11. I think people get my point.
Pics or Shenanigans ....
I'm calling big fat bullshit on that one

People were saying that FIFA do the same, just edit the game bit by bit so they can put something new into it the next year. But that is year after year. The RWC game would be acceptable and be awesome if it was released like this in 2008. Four years on and to produce a product like that is a disgrace. Think of FIFA 07 and FIFA 11. Now think of 08 and 11. I think people get my point.

I think it's you that's missing the point...

The comparison to the FIFA games is actually correct, as they are evolved by adding bit-by-bit to each version that is released. It just so happens that they are released yearly (or 2 in a year when it's major competition time).

The HB rugby games are not released yearly, so you can't fairly do that comparison to FIFA 07 > FIFA 11 just because they have the same gap in years. Between FIFA 07 and FIFA 11 there were 5 different (FIFA08, Euro08, FIFA09, FIFA10, WC2010) versions or iterations for the EA guys to build upon, game by game. All whilst already established on the current generation of consoles.

RWC2011 is is a direct follow-up to Rugby08, there's been no other releases in between and they have not been working on this game for the entire 4 years between them, so the correct comparison to the FIFA evolution should be FIFA 07 > FIFA 08.

But on top of this, you also have to take into account the move over from past generation to the current generation of consoles that RWC2011 has had to make that also plays a factor in the games production. Just look at how the all-conquering EA managed with their first release on the current gen consoles, "FIFA06 Road to the World Cup", and its many dropped features that the previous FIFA games had on the past gen consoles.

Much of the above has been outlined before, but you've either missed it or chosen to ignore it.

Anyways, after reading the above, I think even you should get my point...

I think it's you that's missing the point...The comparison to the FIFA games is actually correct, as they are evolved by adding bit-by-bit to each version that is released. It just so happens that they are released yearly (or 2 in a year when it's major competition time).The HB rugby games are not released yearly, so you can't fairly do that comparison to FIFA 07 > FIFA 11 just because they have the same gap in years. Between FIFA 07 and FIFA 11 there were 5 different (FIFA08, Euro08, FIFA09, FIFA10, WC2010) versions or iterations for the EA guys to build upon, game by game. All whilst already established on the current generation of consoles.RWC2011 is is a direct follow-up to Rugby08, there's been no other releases in between and they have not been working on this game for the entire 4 years between them, so the correct comparison to the FIFA evolution should be FIFA 07 > FIFA 08.But on top of this, you also have to take into account the move over from past generation to the current generation of consoles that RWC2011 has had to make that also plays a factor in the games production. Just look at how the all-conquering EA managed with their first release on the current gen consoles, "FIFA06 Road to the World Cup", and its many dropped features that the previous FIFA games had on the past gen consoles.Much of the above has been outlined before, but you've either missed it or chosen to ignore it.Anyways, after reading the above, I think even you should get my point...
My point is RWC is close enough to an EXACT COPY of 08 but with slight tweaks. Look at RC they had nothing to work with so they built it from scratch, took less time in making it and it is BRILLIANT. They made everything unique and original, they had to gamble and it really paid off. I can see hb trying to compete with that over the next few years and end up copying it as they tried to do with 08.

My point is RWC is close enough to an EXACT COPY of 08 but with slight tweaks. Look at RC they had nothing to work with so they built it from scratch, took less time in making it and it is BRILLIANT. They made everything unique and original, they had to gamble and it really paid off. I can see hb trying to compete with that over the next few years and end up copying it as they tried to do with 08.
Bull .. I will wager alot of the game stems from their rugby league ***les...not to say that's a bad thing but its silly to suggest they had never been near a rugby game

Bull .. I will wager alot of the game stems from their rugby league ***les...not to say that's a bad thing but its silly to suggest they had never been near a rugby game
Sorry didn't no their RL games were alike. Still if this pulls off it will be a great achievement for sidhe and the entire rugby community

So are you now saying you don't have a problem with people making the fair comparison between FIFA game evolutions (by versions, not years) and HB's evolution of Rugby the same way?
And are you now saying that you no longer think it is a disgrace to release a game like RWC2011 taking into account the proper comparison with FIFA?

Because in that other post from you that I quoted, you stated you had a "problem" with it and that its a "disgrace" to release a product like RWC2011, which I thought was meant to be your point?

Oh, and you'll find that Sidhe do have some experience with making rugby games, albeit League games, so they did have something to work with... experience.

And just for the record, I've no issue with Sidhe or Rugby Challenge - I'm looking forward to the RC game, it does look brilliant and as long as reviews on gameplay are positive I'll be buying it... my issue is with you running your prepubescent mouth of at RWC2011 at every given opportunity, with little or no basis in facts.

Have you tried playing the demo, then 08 straight afterwards? I did, it is not exactly the same as 08. The rucks were the most annoying bit of 08, generally did not make sense who won the rucks, as it was pretty much random. I've even had it where I've lost rucks before a single player has entered it. It was frustrating and just generally not a great system. The new system makes it feel like a contest, had some epic games against my mate yesterday, I seemed to have to edge on him in the rucks so was brilliant annoying him while I was getting the turn overs! AI has certainly improved, actually ran a test on this - my record on the demo in 49 - 3, so I decided to try and see what my record would be with the older AI, with the same situation (on easy, only one half, SA vs England). Ran out 84 - 0 on the first go. Just does not feel like the same game, even if they do look similar.

There's def a few things I've seen in various gameplay videos that I can tell come from Rugby League 3. Couple of the running styles, try scoring animations and offloads (which tbf look a hell of a lot better than RL3 offloads, then again, does help that they dont have the annoying wiimote controls to deal with this time) all look familiar, not everything but a few things.

So are you now saying you don't have a problem with people making the fair comparison between FIFA game evolutions (by versions, not years) and HB's evolution of Rugby the same way? And are you now saying that you no longer think it is a disgrace to release a game like RWC2011 taking into account the proper comparison with FIFA?Because in that other post from you that I quoted, you stated you had a "problem" with it and that its a "disgrace" to release a product like RWC2011, which I thought was meant to be your point?Oh, and you'll find that Sidhe do have some experience with making rugby games, albeit League games, so they did have something to work with... experience.And just for the record, I've no issue with Sidhe or Rugby Challenge - I'm looking forward to the RC game, it does look brilliant and as long as reviews on gameplay are positive I'll be buying it... my issue is with you running your prepubescent mouth of at RWC2011 at every given opportunity, with little or no basis in facts.
If u weren't so narrow minded you would have seen that I have consistently said I was excited about RWC but pretty disappointed it is 08 in HD. Also I don't give 2 shits what u think of me anymore, I've no respect at all for u. Just pies off and get a life

If u weren't so narrow minded you would have seen that I have consistently said I was excited about RWC but pretty disappointed it is 08 in HD. Also I don't give 2 shits what u think of me anymore, I've no respect at all for u. Just pies off and get a life
You respect nobody here , least of all yourself.

cricky this is why i havnt posted much or read much in these forums for the last few days... hard to take in... last two threads had the same content in it. lets get back on topic eh. (this is a RWC11 topic not a RC topic, if you want to talk about that go to the sidhe part of the forum)

I found a glitch where i kicked it right into the corner. the ball was about 2m from the try line, and i dived on it but about 1/3 of my body was over the line. i kept sliding over the line and it was right in the corner and they gave it. i enjoyed the replay (for those saying that the replays dont show enough if you keep watching they replay back futher) it should have noticed that my body was over the line though.

all the other glitches that people have mentioned are there too, but still doesnt take away the fun aspect. I am looking forward to it and playing online.

There's def a few things I've seen in various gameplay videos that I can tell come from Rugby League 3. Couple of the running styles, try scoring animations and offloads (which tbf look a hell of a lot better than RL3 offloads, then again, does help that they dont have the annoying wiimote controls to deal with this time) all look familiar, not everything but a few things.

You are mistaken. The animation in Rugby Challenge is completely new. There are no animations brought over from previous ***les.

Latest posts