• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some of the glitches / flaws with the gameplay

this is just a stupid rant by someone who thinks rugby challenge will be amazing. using the words simple and unrealistic doesn't make for a good argument. and for all the people saying its just like 08 I agree, but 08 was an amazing game. and HB have taken it to the next level in RWC2011. the only things I can see them improving on is the lineouts, set plays with the back row from a scrum, and quick options when mark is called.

I think Rugby Challenge looks a bit better. Not great either though. I've only watched one video of RC though.

Everything up there is true and they were all there in previous games. I think a rant is more than fair.

Exactly right! Do you know what we call people who can't back up their ideas . . . idiots. Did we all not love 08 I know I did, so I might buy RWC 2011 just because I want to support the name and brand that I grew up with. That's why I got a PS3 instead of X-Box 360

What do you mean back up my ideas? If you've played the game you'd see these things. It's not OK to have a game that is slightly worse than it was on a Playstation 2 on a next generation console.

And Rugby 08 was a decent game (not great). But it was decent for a Playstation 2. Gaming has moved on but we still get a game that's barely changed in 6 years. I wasn't expecting a great game but I was expecting an improvement.

Have you tried playing the demo, then 08 straight afterwards? I did, it is not exactly the same as 08. The rucks were the most annoying bit of 08, generally did not make sense who won the rucks, as it was pretty much random. I've even had it where I've lost rucks before a single player has entered it. It was frustrating and just generally not a great system. The new system makes it feel like a contest, had some epic games against my mate yesterday,

They did improve the rucking a bit. Only slightly. A slight improvement in one aspect of the game after 6 years is a bit of a joke. Besides, if you just keep pressing A or X (depending on console) and commit players you win it pretty much every time and rarely lose it and you win back possession doing this quite a bit too.

And if anyone thinks I'm trolling, I'm not at all. I'm really annoyed at the complete lack of effort put into the game for the third time. Especially after reading the interviews with developers and reading what they were going to do / had done.

Last edited:
graphics

im just p*ssed of that the players faces actually looked better in 08 than in rwc11:%#%#:

They did improve the rucking a bit. Only slightly. A slight improvement in one aspect of the game after 6 years is a bit of a joke. Besides, if you just keep pressing A or X (depending on console) and commit players you win it pretty much every time and rarely lose it and you win back possession doing this quite a bit too.

Dude, the demo is on "easy"... you're meant to win the majority of ball in the rucks, thats what easy is. How much did you play R08 on "easy" seriously?

I think it is fair to believe that the winning or turnouver of ruck ball will become harder as the difficulty is increased. So in that regard, the game should balance out with what you are used to playing in R08 and you'll find out whether the new rucking mechanism's are an improvement.
(I beleive that it will show as an improvement, but can't verify it obviously as I've only played the demo aswell, but I can see an improvement already, despite the ease at winning too many rucks)

Really don't see how this is worse than 08 :huh: gameplay is improves (said this a fair few times) by making the rucks a contest instead of random. AI defence is a bit better, even if it was on easy, still made me feel like I had to work for my tries.
Graphics look better to me, first thing I noticed when I switched back to the older ***les was how fuzzy they are in comparison.

* The graphics isn't that good. My pimped Rugby 08 looks much better. I'm playing RWC demo on full HD b.t.w
* This really is funny. Why is the players so fat ? Jeez when they run onto the field, they're looking fat. Maybe just the camera angle ? haha
* Chip kick needed to actually work. I've said it before on the forum, I said it works 20 % of the time. I'm updating my post. It works 10 % of the time. When you chip over defense, some super fast player(normally Bakkies Botha) sprints back miraculously out sprinting your attacking players( normally backs) and catches the ball. I hate it.
* STUPID STUPID GLITCH. When you concede a penalty behind opposition try line, the penalty will be given on THE HALF WAY !!!!!!!!
* When the ball is knocked on and directly kick into touch after that or taken into touch by a player the line out will be given not a scrum.
* This actually is a question. It is good that some players actually runs cross defense to cut you out. But they don't tackle you. They just run next to you... Will they tackle you on better difficulty ?

Latest posts