• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sonny Bill Williams Rejects Toulon offer to chase All Black Dream

So long as Hosea Gear and Joe Rokocoko are in the RWC, I don't care who the NZRU sign. However if Hosea isn't in the RWC, I will unleash wrath on the NZRU in the shape of a long and strongy worded letter.

Yeah I cant wait for SBW to prove everyone wrong aswell, all these people saying he's overrated and **** is just unfounded. I thought he played excellently for Toulon this year and if he goes to Crusaders he will form a very good combination with DC just like he has already with Wilko. We'll have some very good players in the 12 jersey for the RWC :D

I'd imagine he'll go to Aukland where he has family apparently. As well as the Umaga factor.

I think the Crusaders would be a better long term choice however, as they seem to breed consistancy, something which would be handy in a 2nd 5 with that amount of talent.

You're kidding right? You know Richie Mccaw doesn't even make that? It proves he is all about money. That is massive for playing in New Zealand. The average gets about $90,000, this includes playing in the NPC. The better players in better unions get payed more. Being an All Black brings in an extra $50,000 or so, the average All Black earns close to $200,000.

Can't wait till he proves all you wrong, he is so overrated it isn't funny. I hope I am wrong about him because then we will win the World Cup as everyone is hyping him up to that standard (Lomu like). I doubt I am though, from what I've seen of him, he is really getting a shocking wake up call and so is New Zealand if you believe the hype.
Competely missing the point,
I didn't say he'll be earning less than anyone else, but merely mentioned he's taking $1.5mil paycut

Also, i think he'll do well. I loved him when he played for the Bulldogs, i don't think he's hit that level in union yet, but he's gettin there.
Also, you said league is just contact contact contact, if anything it's ingrained into you that you don't get tackled ;) You only get 6 tackles before turnover, so taking into contact every time is something you want to avoid

The first few phases of League you have to make quick contact, hit it up, recycle quickly to get the defenders offside. I know my comment before was quite stupid, but I believe to same aspect it is true, it is a generalisation but true of most teams. There is not much creativity because they all follow a game plan and set pieces. Super 14 is different, it does have a game plan but if it doesn't work the players change it a bit, unlike in the North where if the game plan doesn't work they continue to use it because there is no creativity. I'm not trying to start a NH vs SH debate, I like both, but I think SBW is more suited to the North style of play. Lets hope he proves me wrong, because I'd love to win the world cup, I really would. Also, Conrad Smith has said he would like to play outside him, rugbyheaven.co.nz exaggerated the ***le a bit but here is the article.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/3782713/Conrad-Smith-excited-about-Sonny-Bill-pairing

It will be interesting to see what happens, I hope I am wrong, but I'm usually not about these sort've things. You only need to look at Chris Jack and Luke Mcalister to realise what the North does to players.

Since when is Nonu one of the best centres in the world. I've never thought he's more than average at what he does.

Since when is Nonu one of the best centres in the world. I've never thought he's more than average at what he does.

Does anyone break lines better? He's devistating.

Super 14 is different, it does have a game plan but if it doesn't work the players change it a bit, unlike in the North where if the game plan doesn't work they continue to use it because there is no creativity. I'm not trying to start a NH vs SH debate, I like both, but I think SBW is more suited to the North style of play. Lets hope he proves me wrong, because I'd love to win the world cup, I really would. Also, Conrad Smith has said he would like to play outside him, rugbyheaven.co.nz exaggerated the ***le a bit but here is the article.

It will be interesting to see what happens, I hope I am wrong, but I'm usually not about these sort've things. You only need to look at Chris Jack and Luke Mcalister to realise what the North does to players.

homer_facepalm.jpg

You can insult me all you want, but you just have to look at international teams to prove I'm right, where are Ireland, England, France and Scotland sitting in the rankings huh? There is no creativity, the thing with the Boks, Wallabies and the All Blacks is they change it, they get creative and explore all options to win a game, that is what makes them fantastic teams to watch.

You can insult me all you want, but you just have to look at international teams to prove I'm right, where are Ireland, England, France and Scotland sitting in the rankings huh? There is no creativity, the thing with the Boks, Wallabies and the All Blacks is they change it, they get creative and explore all options to win a game, that is what makes them fantastic teams to watch.

Yet England seemed to have won a WC in the professional era ... and NZ? ....

Lets not get silly here.

Wrong. SA and NZ . SA relies on forward pack dominance, good defense and a good kicker. If you can negate their foward pack like France did last Autumn then they are ******.

Aas for NZ, it is all too apparent as France has shown twice already in the WC (esp in 2007) that when things don't go their way they are incapable of adapting and changing their gameplan.

Try again.

Oh and btw a facepalm is insulting you? I'd thought that someone who posts such comments would be a bit more thick-skinned. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Similarly, look at Nick Evans, Brock James, Scott Hamilton and Bruce Reihana, all of whom have thrived and developed in the NH.
Don't generalise, or in 12 months time we'll moan about how SH took away Gareth Delve's ability to tackle.

On topic: I'm sort of glad that SBW is going to New Zealand because he has huge natural talent, even if he's not using it all at the moment.
I doubt he'll start quickly, as Nonu, McAllister, Smith and probably Kahui and some others are ahead of him, but aiming to get in the world cup squad is something that might really make him develop his game.

Why is there always at least 1 idiot who has to turn it into a north v south cock-swinging contest?

Don't know much about him, just that he looked good in the Amlin final. Other than that he has a name that should mean he will star in a Dukes of Hazzard film.

Would be a huge signing for the AB's. I really hope he doesn't choose to play for Counties though, it's not exactly the best place to develop into a world class rugby player in my opinion.. He'd be better off at Canterbury alongside DC, or even Auckland if he wants to move back here.

I think he'd do well developing at Counties alongside Tana Umaga. Aukland seems to breed inconsistancy in the backs, where as the Crusaders would be very good for him. In my ideal world, he'd play for Counties and sign with the Crusaders. Doubt that'd happen though. I don't know any reference to suggest he wants to play outside Carter though, he seems to want to live in Aukland with family.

Latest posts