• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa in Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 18 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 18 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
idiot Aussie commentator saying it was Australia's to lose at Melbourne, surely it was SA's to lose given the partnership from McKenzie and Duminy.[/b]

Who said that?
[/b][/quote]

some new guy never caught his name but Slats was calling him JB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 18 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 18 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 18 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
idiot Aussie commentator saying it was Australia's to lose at Melbourne, surely it was SA's to lose given the partnership from McKenzie and Duminy.[/b]

Who said that?
[/b][/quote]

some new guy never caught his name but Slats was calling him JB
[/b][/quote]

yes James Brayshaw thought it would be him. He's an awful commentator.

who is he? did he even play cricket for Australia, cause his name isn't ringing a bell or is he a tv presenter come cricket commentator?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 18 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
who is he? did he even play cricket for Australia, cause his name isn't ringing a bell or is he a tv presenter come cricket commentator?[/b]

I didn't think he's ever played cricket, I thought he was just a TV presenter for the AFL who's doing some cricket. Then I had a look on his wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brayshaw

played 10 seasons of domestic cricket.. didn't expect that.

well that explains how I've never heard of him then, don't get any Australian domestic cricket over here.

Right about to get back underway.

Why are Australia debuting so many players. Our team has no experience (only 1 player whos played over 100 games and thats Ponting who has played over 300) and we cant keep blooding new players against the best team in the world.

YAY! South Africa win the ODI series 3-1 with a game still in hand!

The Proteas bowled out Australia for 222 (48 ov) and easily chased down the score with 8 wickets and 71 balls remaining.

South Africa is in Australia has been one of the best series I've ever seen. Awesome to watch. More please!

Knew they would do it! Australia are really missing their experienced players. Guys like Gilchrist, Hayden, Warne, McGragh... Even Brett Lee would have helped. Well, i think it's good for the game that the Aussies have lost the dominance they had for so long. South Africa also have some young and exciting talent, and i think with Australia rebuilding for a while now, we might actually win a World Cup coming up!

Anyway, South Africa are a better team than Australia at the moment, and deserved the series. It will be interesting to see what happens once they start the series here in a couple of weeks. Can't see Australia coming here and beating us, but with them, you never know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 26 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
South Africa is in Australia has been one of the best series I've ever seen. Awesome to watch. More please![/b]

good thing we're getting a return series in South Africa then.

Well done to South Africa! They're an unbelieveable team now. It's like they have taken Australia's ability of old to pile on the runs and build the partnerships, and take those vital wickets to stop partnerships. Fair play to them. SA deserve to get no.1 if they win at home.

well they're finishing the series strongly, well on the batting front anyway. Amla just short of the century out for 97, De Villiers making 60 and an absolute gem of an innings at the death from Duminy, really is a class act. They certainly put the Australians to the sword in the final 10 overs, Botha supported Duminy brilliantly and played a few decent shots himself.

Australia set 289 for victory, a record at the WACA but you'd give them a more than decent chance given the inexperienced nature of the SA bowling attack. Should be an interesting chase.

So South Africa finish the series with the win and take the top spot in the ODI rankings, whether they're the best team is probably open to some debate, I'm sure the Indians would have something to say about that. Just a shame there's no series planned between the sides this year.

South Africa are the best team in the world no doubt. I hope the selectors bring in 20 year old batsman Hughes for the SA tour, scored his 4th FC century this season with 151.

given how comprehensive India were in dispatching both Australia and England they can have a claim to that spot as well. They've improved hugely since touring Australia where some of the decision making that went against them last year was nothing more than appalling officiating. You give South Africa the edge because they've done it in Australia but then the question can also be asked, to what extent are Australia on the slide?

Latest posts