• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa in Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 27 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a crap day for SA!MacKenzie is a useless piece of ****, don't think he has scored 50 runs combined in his last 3 test matches

Boeta Dippenaar is a much better player[/b]

he dissappeared off the radar, did he get badly injured at one stage or was he just out of form, cause from what I saw of him he looked a decent prospect

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 27 2008, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a crap day for SA!MacKenzie is a useless piece of ****, don't think he has scored 50 runs combined in his last 3 test matches

Boeta Dippenaar is a much better player[/b]

Boeta Dippenaar? You cannot be serious.

Though McKenzie really should be dropped as soon as Ashwell Prince is match fit. SA would benefit so much from Prince's recent form, he's scored 4 100's and 2 50's this year alone averaging in the 60's.

I'm not saying Dippenaar is better then Prince, but he is much better then MacKenzie at opener for sure

South Africa leading Aus after all that! I can't believe it. Superb batting by Jean-Paul Duminy and Steyn.

I know he must have been blinded by the sun when trying to make that catch, but how funny was that effort from Hussey.

Wow what a series so far! Out of nowhere SA pull out a 9th wicket partnership of 180 runs. Fantastic stuff!
I have a feeling the Aussie are gonna try bat out the remaining days to force a draw. From there they can only lose or tie the Test series.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 28 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow what a series so far! Out of nowhere SA pull out a 9th wicket partnership of 180 runs. Fantastic stuff!
I have a feeling the Aussie are gonna try bat out the remaining days to force a draw. From there they can only lose or tie the Test series.[/b]

it's not really their style though, they'll probably try and set a total and unlike Perth the pitch will probably do something on the final day making any eventual run chase that more difficult.

The only shame is that this is only a 3 test series, surely there's grounds for making this a Super series.

Holy Mother was not expecting to get back from the pub to find Australia at 49-3, at least Clarke and Ponting are still there so all's not lost for the Aussies. Dodgy dismissal for Hussie though

You'd expect the dodgy call from Doctrove but surprising to see Aleem Dar get it wrong, one of the best normally

Credit to SA they've played fantastic all series.

Husseys the unluckiest player, and he's not a bloody 4 either. and ponting, what a champion the bloke is.

When SA were 100 odd for 6 some beating odds came up - $7 for a draw and $20 something for a SA win. Said to my dad we should place a bet, but as we're in NZ it wasn't possible. What a bloody good bet that would have been in hindsight.

MacKenzie got lucky again, got clean bowled by Lee but of a no-ball

Lee?They said he would be out for 6 weeks with a foot injury...how can that be?

Anycase SA is gona win this test and series tomorrow, what a day in history its gona be!

I almost ****** myself laughing when Ponting got out for 99! Then to hear the channel nine commentators have a cry afterwards was the icing on the cake.

Steyn is a legend. Two 5 wicket bags contributing to a 10 wicket match and his brilliant 76 with the bat... unbelievable.

Hope McKenzie doesn't f*** up tomorrow as I want to see SA mow the runs down without losing a wicket.

Smith will surely be there at the end I feel to guide his troops to the victory, have a feeling Mckenzie and Alma will loose their wickets (but hopefully it won't happen) with either de Villiers or Kallis being there at the end with Smith.

Can't wait untill we score those winning runs tomorrow.

Lol the two guys I thought that would not be there at the end, was there at the end after all :p

Great victory for SA :bravo: ,have to say that Smith's captaincy won us this test match and series as much as anything, he is really maturing into one of the great captains that the world nevermind SA has ever seen :bravo:

Australia are now really begining to feel the loss of so many great players(Langer,McGrath,Warne,etc..).They have dominated for so long that this was bound to happen at some time. Their bowling attack is now weak and that puts too much pressure on the batsmen who are being asked to chase big totals all the time. It just shows that these things go in cycles. Cant see much good news coming from the Aussies as they now have SA and England away.What price on England now reclaiming the Ashes?

Gotta be said, unbeaten in Tests at home for 16 years is quite an achievement by the Aussies. Well done in that regard. I'm sure that you'd have no other team the Proteas break that record since we've been up there with you guys in Test cricket for ages now.

Well done to the manne of the Protea! Most people around town in SA have been following the series and everybody is very chuffed we beat them in such an convincing fashion in their our backyard.
Lets go for a series whitewash no that we got the pressure on!

this win for sa might get more upcoming interest for the upcoming series in SA against aus so i cant complain

Latest posts