• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British & Irish Lions - Test 1

I think Daly's been fine for most part, Henshaw briefly made me want Aki at 12 but credit is in bank so hopefully Henshaw can turn it around. Hogg hasn't been at his best either but that follows form. Think the problems have been coming from scrappy ball and kicking instead of attacking with ball in hand.

SA worthy of the lead.

Starting Lawes was a bad idea, unsurprisingly. Needs to come off now. Some hope the rest of the back row will improve if that happens.

I think Daly's been fine for most part, Henshaw briefly made me want Aki at 12 but credit is in bank so hopefully Henshaw can turn it around. Hogg hasn't been at his best either but that follows form. Think the problems have been coming from scrappy ball and kicking instead of attacking with ball in hand.

SA worthy of the lead.
Henshaw f'ed up but Aki is practically guaranteed to give you at least two or three errors like that a game.

Good to be in front by so far at halftime. People should stop their fascination with running everything. I find the tactical kicking battle very attractive. Don't care about the casual fans this is a game for pride, history and tradition. Don't need to go side to side to be sexy.

Bok fans just are glad we are looking in control.

SA worthy of the lead.
Couldn't agree more reality is Maro is probably the only one who had positive moments in the first half even if partially due to lucking reffing.

Yeah that first half went about as well as I expecting from a Lions perspective.

AWJ barely involved in the maul gets all the plaudits.....I suppose its all he's done all match.

If you look at every thread all his comments are just him having a swipe at daly
Its because his defensive record is the worst of the tour, he kicks too much possession away, he almost never passes the ball outside

It's no reflection on his missed penalty attempt, that's always 50/50

I feel like the boks just changed the front row for the sake of it and doesn't really make sense to me. I thought the starting three were going real strong.

Latest posts