• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Southern Kings 2013

Yes. We can use the money to sign JC Janse van Rensburg so we have 2 solid loosehead props.

I just don't understand why he doesn't accept a loan deal like Jantjies and Taute. He will be back with the Lions for the Currie Cup...

Well, that is something to appreciate. Playing Vodacom Cup is just not the way to go for a player with his skill set. All in all I feel we still need a proper loosehead prop but we will manage.

Well well. The controversy surrounding the Kings never fades. Now, the Kings have announced the kits for the 2013 Super Rugby season. In stead of paying homage to the rich history of the area where they're from (the Eastern Cape) by using the colors of the region, they decided to play in black shirts and white as alternate.

5d6254e6479041919572b13d90146871.jpg

This caused a big fuss around the country since some people see it as the Cheeky bunch giving SARU the finger once again. In stead of representing the region which, according to Cheeky Watson, is a big source of rugby talent, they play in all black kits, resembling SA's biggest rivals, the All Blacks. It's like South African fans cheering for NZ when they play the Boks in Cape Town.

I guess the Watsons like controversy.

Well well. The controversy surrounding the Kings never fades. Now, the Kings have announced the kits for the 2013 Super Rugby season. In stead of paying homage to the rich history of the area where they're from (the Eastern Cape) by using the colors of the region, they decided to play in black shirts and white as alternate.

5d6254e6479041919572b13d90146871.jpg

This caused a big fuss around the country since some people see it as the Cheeky bunch giving SARU the finger once again. In stead of representing the region which, according to Cheeky Watson, is a big source of rugby talent, they play in all black kits, resembling SA's biggest rivals, the All Blacks. It's like South African fans cheering for NZ when they play the Boks in Cape Town.

I guess the Watsons like controversy.

White looks ok, black looks terrible... Probably some racial thing I assume.

White and black are Border's colors but since EP is the province that carries the Kings name I'd have assumed at least some red. And then the other region they draw from is SWD which is all red so... erm not too sure where this 'color' scheme is coming from. SA could do with a team in red with the Lions out. Now I can just imagine them and the Sharks taking each other on in the same hit..

White and black are Border's colors but since EP is the province that carries the Kings name I'd have assumed at least some red. And then the other region they draw from is SWD which is all red so... erm not too sure where this 'color' scheme is coming from. SA could do with a team in red with the Lions out. Now I can just imagine them and the Sharks taking each other on in the same hit..

Since when is SWD all red???

They have been playing in green and white since forever...

I umm, don't actually mind either. Like the white kit actually...

Still - they should play in the colours of the region, though I can't help but think people may be reading too much into the kit (unless I'm just underestimating the antagonism within South African rugby, which is possible).

Latest posts