• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Southland duo stay put

J

Juggernaut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
from allblacks.com

All Blacks Jamie Mackintosh and Jimmy Cowan ended speculation about their rugby futures today by confirming they will remain with Southland and the Highlanders.

Mackintosh, 24, said he had decided to stay in Invercargill after considering a transfer to Wellington and the Hurricanes.

"I was tempted by the chance of playing in a different environment," the prop said.

"But in the end it came down to where I was from and where I belong. I'm a Southlander and as such, my first Super 14 allegiance is to the Highlanders and that's where I'll stay."

There had also been speculation about Cowan moving, possibly to Auckland and the Blues, but a Highlanders statement said it was never a serious consideration for the halfback.[/b]

Good to see these two players stay put. Them leaving would have collapsed the franchise. Dagg still has to confirmed whether he's still joining them next season or not with strong indication that the Crusaders are after him.
With him at the Crusaders, Jared Payne will not be picked from the draft and maybe allowing the Blues to get him back.

Honestly though, I had secretly hoped the rumours about Cowan moving to the Blues would come true but alas, we'll have to make do with Moa and possibly Alby Mathewson (if he does move North).

Guildford has signed with the Crusaders, Dagg still to make his mind up. Don't they develop outside backs down south anymore? I believe Berquist is going to the blues in 2010, good everyman sort of a mid field back.

Dagg has confirmed he's staying put with Hawkes Bay and will line up for the Highlanders next season...

Stephen Brett & Alby Mathewson have been rumoured to have agreed to join the Blues in next seasons super14 campaign....

Latest posts