Speed exercises

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Right guys, simple enough question this time. I'm looking to get my acceleration over the first 5 or 10 yards up. I'm not slow, but I take good while to get up to pace and my turning isn't great. Any drill or exercises I can do to help?

Tie cinder blocks to your ankles with soft rope...

Sprint.

SOB does this.

I intend to too.

Soft rope? Some kind of woman are ye? I'm going to tie live land mines to my legs with barbed wire. Just like Stephen Ferris.

You're from the Pale..I had to soften it up for you..

Hey, just because I enjoy the odd episode of Made In Chelsea with a nice glass of Rosé doesn't make me any less of a man. After all...

Rugby-Metropole.jpg

Oh, thanks Olyy, will defo try some of those out.

I was serious about the blocks..apparently it's good for power and acceleration

I'm not really worried about power as such, it's more going from a jog to a sprint over the first 5 yards or so. I keep getting caught out by quick corner forwards and I don't like standing too far out in front of them because it leaves you very pretty exposed should you **** up.

I'm not really worried about power as such, it's more going from a jog to a sprint over the first 5 yards or so. I keep getting caught out by quick corner forwards and I don't like standing too far out in front of them because it leaves you very pretty exposed should you **** up.

Corner forwards can't run without functioning knees....Nomsaying??

I actually have a new trick nd all. I've worked on my forearm strength a bit so that if the ball looks like it's coming in I can stand in front of them, grab the jersey and just fix them in the one spot. You get a shocking amount of pulls across the arms though.

I actually have a new trick nd all. I've worked on my forearm strength a bit so that if the ball looks like it's coming in I can stand in front of them, grab the jersey and just fix them in the one spot. You get a shocking amount of pulls across the arms though.

Last time I hurled I scored 3-5 , I'm sheer shite .. but I loved to trample.

Never pulled across someone though , firm believer of fists or GTFO

Steven Ferris disagrees.

p.s. Feic, if its true you enjoy Made in Chelsea, look yourself in the mirror and give yourself an uppercut.

15 sprints of 10 seconds of sprinting and 50 seconds rest
5 x 50 m shuttle runs (out and back) with 2 mins rest
5 sets of 20m shuttles (out and back) with 30 seconds clap push ups at one end of the run and 30 seconds mountain climbers at the other with 2 mins rest

Feic I bad explaining but can give you a drill that is designed for stamina and that exact purpose of going from jog to sprint.
Have seen it been used for rugby and GAA.

MM, don't suppose you could send the drill to me as well?

Feic - have you seen the Margot Wells teaches a pair of amateur rugby players to get faster? Nothing set in there, but there's a few exercises in there you might be able to nick and incorporate.

MM, don't suppose you could send the drill to me as well?

Feic - have you seen the Margot Wells teaches a pair of amateur rugby players to get faster? Nothing set in there, but there's a few exercises in there you might be able to nick and incorporate.

That the thing from Total Rugby I found it pretty beneficial.

No prob guys. Will do later as it on laptop and explained well where as if I try now from phone in my own words it'll be bad

I also would like to receive a copy, please.
Endurance is ok, but speed is awful this ear.